What can we expect on an inaugural cruise?

General Max

Reverend Neil, burnout happens in my profession (Engineering) also. That is why I am taking the first week of July off and going to Wisconsin. I am also taking a month off in October and November for a tour of Italy and the Westerdam Transatlantic. Finally, I am retiring January 31, 2006 just before the Noordam cruise.

Congratulations, General! What a wonderful way to celebrate!

I don't think I'll ever retire. In theory, I should be able to in 20 years, but in truth I expect the government and the church to keep pushing up the retirement age on me. As it is, right now I'll have to work until I'm 68 ... and, the last rumbling I heard from the Board of Pensions indicated that people in my age and service-range would have to consider working until 76 in order to receive full retirement. Frankly, that's ok with me ... so long as I am physically and mentally capable, I can't imagine not serving as a pastor of a church.

My father is a retired USAF officer and an electrical engineer; he never can seem to stay retired, however ... even with his health problems, he now does consulting work for several firms.

My father is a retired USAF officer and an electrical engineer; he never can seem to stay retired, however ... even with his health problems, he now does consulting work for several firms.
Rev--that's called retarded. Any one who works after retirement must be retarded, like me.

Rev--that's called retarded. Any one who works after retirement must be retarded, like me.

That's what my mother says ... but Dad takes advantage of his "hearing disability" to ignore it. :) He also reminds her that it's his taking on contract work that results in them having enough money to cruise in Suites rather than in inside cabins. That usually shuts her up. :)

Alan -

I love the graphic in your signature for the Noordam Inaugural - Did you create that?

Hello Brian...

Yes, I created that in PhotoShop. I'm a Graphics Artist for the job I work at. I noticed that you might not be doing your B2B and be able to might join our quas-i group on the Inaugural. I'm sure all of us going would love to have you join us, I'm sure it will be most unique. Just like that HAL-O-WEEN Cruise that your "Official" group are going on in October.

Laura.....Was Dirk Verhey van Wijk the Hotel Manager on your final Noordam cruise?

Sail - Yes, he was. Things ran so smoothly, we were pretty amazed, considering it was the final voyage.

We met briefly a few times, I hope we get a chance to sail with him again soon. :)

Sail - Yes, he was. Things ran so smoothly, we were pretty amazed, considering it was the final voyage.

We met briefly a few times, I hope we get a chance to sail with him again soon. :)

He was our HM on our recent Maasdam cruises. We enjoyed several very pleasant conversations with him.

Hello Brian...

Yes, I created that in PhotoShop. I'm a Graphics Artist for the job I work at. I noticed that you might not be doing your B2B and be able to might join our quas-i group on the Inaugural. I'm sure all of us going would love to have you join us, I'm sure it will be most unique. Just like that HAL-O-WEEN Cruise that your "Official" group are going on in October.

Alan--

Well, you did a great job!

We should get t-shirts made of your graphic - it's VERY COOL!!!

;)

Now I just wonder if it's really worth $470 more to live in an SS on Navigation Deck for 10 days instead of an SY on Upper Verandah Deck?

:rolleyes:

Brian - It's going to take a little time to get used to the new cabin designations, that's for sure!

We are still considering upgrading to SS from an A... we'll see. :)

Brian - It's going to take a little time to get used to the new cabin designations, that's for sure!

We are still considering upgrading to SS from an A... we'll see. :)

Laura -

If I book an SS, You & Sonny wanna move in next door?

We can have some great parties on our Verandahs!

;)

(I'm thinking of booking the port-side so that if the ship hits a wave and sinks on the say back to NYC, I won't have so far to swim....)

Yes, I created that in PhotoShop.

That looks very familiar ....

I think HAL had a series of posters, and baggage labels with the same format. Oh yea, and the envelopes for the photos purchased on board!

Thanks for bringing that back, Alan!

(And can I have a copy? ... pretty please??)

:)

Reverend Neal, I may do the same thing your father did. I am keeping my Florida and Wisconsin licenses active and also maintaining membership in some of the engineering professional societies. Any future work that I would do would definitely be on my own terms.

Mrs. Max would really like that suite life all the time. We'll wait and see how she likes the "VA" cabin on the Noordam. We booked an "S" on the Westerdam.

Cheers

General Max

Laura -

If I book an SS, You & Sonny wanna move in next door?

We can have some great parties on our Verandahs!

;)

(I'm thinking of booking the port-side so that if the ship hits a wave and sinks on the say back to NYC, I won't have so far to swim....)

Sure - we love to be next door! Let me know, we are seriously considering upgrading.

We can have some awesome parties, lol!!! :D

Brian .... perhaps I've missed something, but it sounds like you're booked (or are booking) aboard the Noordam for her Maiden voyage. Is this right? If so ... COOL!

I just have one question: how are you going to mesh that with being aboard the Westerdam Feb 26-Mar 12 '06 ?? :)

Brian .... perhaps I've missed something, but it sounds like you're booked (or are booking) aboard the Noordam for her Maiden voyage. Is this right? If so ... COOL!

I just have one question: how are you going to mesh that with being aboard the Westerdam Feb 26-Mar 12 '06 ?? :)

Rev--

I'm waiting for the TA to call me back about cancelling the RSVP cruise since my pal Joe backed out :(

As you may recall, I originally wanted to do the inaugural w/ you all, but he pursuaded me to book the gay cruise. Now since he's not going, I'm reverting back to plan A.

;)

As you may recall, I originally wanted to do the inaugural w/ you all, but he pursuaded me to book the gay cruise. Now since he's not going, I'm reverting back to plan A.

Ah ... got'cha! Why did Joe back out? Is there no chance that you can get him to come along on this one? I've been trying to get Christopher to agree to go, but he says that it's too soon after Nov. on the Westerdam. Too soon!!!!!???? Nonsense!

Ah ... got'cha! Why did Joe back out? Is there no chance that you can get him to come along on this one? I've been trying to get Christopher to agree to go, but he says that it's too soon after Nov. on the Westerdam. Too soon!!!!!???? Nonsense!

Rev--

That's exactly the excuse I got from Joe - too soon after Oosterdam in Alaska in Sept!

:eek:

Since you're traveling stag too, you wanna move on up to Navigation Deck with us? I'll even let you use the jacuzzi tub first!

;)

Since you're traveling stag too, you wanna move on up to Navigation Deck with us? I'll even let you use the jacuzzi tub first!

Brian, shoot me an e-mail: revneal@aol.com

Thanks for the offer ... I appreciate it ... but I don't think so. I'd love paying a visit, however, to enjoy your verandah and share a bottle of something! :D

Brian, shoot me an e-mail: revneal@aol.com

Thanks for the offer ... I appreciate it ... but I don't think so. I'd love paying a visit, however, to enjoy your verandah and share a bottle of something! :D

Rev--

You bring the leftover communion wine and you're welcome anytime!

;)

You guys are coming home in late Nov. The Noordam is mid-Feb.

2 months, or something like that.

November 20, 2005 -- February 22, 2006 ... 3 months and a couple of days. And, during this time we've got Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years!

An ETERNITY ;)

And, once I get off the Noordam I'll have to wait almost FOUR MONTHS before I'll be boarding the Rotterdam for our Summer Baltic Cruise! :)

And, then, from that cruise until the Hawaii CC-Group cruise is just two and a half months. ;) 2006 is going to be FUN.

Archived