Return guest party?

SugarStar00

The way it was handled on the Golden Princess last December: the Golds were at one party' date=' and the Platinum/Elites at another. This is how the Gold party went (again, this was on our last cruise, and not necessarily how it's done on other ships): 1) we came in to the Princess Theater and handed over our invite.

2) while waiting for the event to begin, the Royal Princess videos were being shown

3) the CD introduced the various staff who was there (Captain Circle's Rep, Future Cruise Consultant, etc)

4) the captain, I think, was there just briefly and had to leave

5) there was drawings for the elite status and maybe champagne (can't remember)

6) we were told that that as we leave, we would each be given a drink coupon as we leave, and that we can use it at any bar on any day of the cruise[/quote']

Cruisin' Chick,

Everything you described is what happened on the Grand-Nov. 2012, except for being handed a drink coupon. The staff brought around drinks and canapes to the guests.

Sounds like PCL is now going the same way as CCL with handing out a coupon for a drink at the past guest party. :(Too bad, it was really nice having the staff bring around a glass of Wine while we all enjoyed the festivities. Before....it made us all feel really appreciated for being returned PCL cruisers. Now it sounds like PCL is just taking the cheap and easy way out at these parties.:mad:

Thanks for the info.

Am I missing something here? (Slow learner be I) about Return Guest Parties? We're just off the Ruby and the Gold party was held in the Princess Theater, a Royal movie and a short talk with the Captain Circle representative...with a drink ticket as one left. We were at the Platinum/Elite Party held on formal night in the Fusion Lounge where the officers greeted us and the Captain talked for a while (even quite humorously), we were served a selection of drinks and a nice array of snacks. This with music and dancing. There are two different parties, one more upscale for the higher Captain Circle levels. Is that what others have experienced?

Am I missing something here? (Slow learner be I) about Return Guest Parties? We're just off the Ruby and the Gold party was held in the Princess Theater, a Royal movie and a short talk with the Captain Circle representative...with a drink ticket as one left. We were at the Platinum/Elite Party held on formal night in the Fusion Lounge where the officers greeted us and the Captain talked for a while (even quite humorously), we were served a selection of drinks and a nice array of snacks. This with music and dancing. There are two different parties, one more upscale for the higher Captain Circle levels. Is that what others have experienced?

That was our experience last year on the Emerald, and they started doing that because the larger number of past passengers was requiring four different parties to be held in Club Fusion, two each on two different nights. The new way, all of the gold passengers could be welcomed back in one party in the Princess Theater, and there was just two parties required, both on the same night, in Club Fusion to accommodate the Platinum and Elite cruisers.

It really depends on the ship and the itinerary - and on the number of Captain's Circle members present.

On an itinerary with a lot of Captain's Circle members, there may be multiple parties. In some cases, there is a party for Platinum and above and a theater presentation for Gold and Medallion (as described above). I have also seen them have two identical parties at different times - before first seating and before second seating.

On a 7-day Alaska round-trip from Seattle last week, there was a single Captain's Circle party for all members scheduled between the first and second seatings on the second formal night. However, that cruise had a total of 400 Captain's Circle members out of 2700 passengers - 2300 blue cards.

So I guess there will be something, I'll just have to wait and see when and how they do it. We aren't sailing until March and things could still change! Thanks

You will get an invitation a few days before the party giving time and place. Bring the invitation as the often collect them for a drawing.

Archived