Oasis - Add a tip Game...

DnR

Thank you so much for these. I love the cruise list! :D

I plan on booking the Quantum for the 02/20/2015 cruise, one of those lists would be awesome to carry around. I wish I was that savvy to make one up.

Thanks again.

You're welcome. Here's the link to the entire document (in Excel format). https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1Y9MtMiZjAwQUxvLU9LaEZBSFE&usp=sharing

If you can't access it for some reason, I'm happy to email it to you.

Take a highlighter...to mark things you want to do in the Cruise Compass

Take a roll of quarters. For when you come accoss a drink machine in port and wish you had change.

Refillable water bottle.

Use luggage tags with your name (in addition to any cruise related tags in case they get torn off). Also put one inside your bag.

Ziploc bags, for saving those cookies/donuts you didn't eat (or for taking some into port).

Try on ALL your clothes the week before you go.

UPDATED:

• Look for the option to book entertainment - the water show, the ice show, the theater show, etc. They put this on your ship's card and you don't have to wait in line to get in.

• Search this forum

• Get ahold of a copy of the deck plans or print them out and just follow along with some of the wonderful people who have taken their time to post lengthy and some times extremely entertaining reviews.

• The Viking Crown Lounge has amazing ocean views. Be sure to check it out.

• Check the Roll Call threads for the RCL Meet &Mingle for your sailing

• check out alternative places to grab a snack or meal

• In the MDR, ask for alternative sides if you don't like the ones that come with your meal.

• The MDR, has a yogurt, fruit, and cereal bar for Breakfast. Nice to pick what you want while waiting for your meal.

• The Solarium is lovely ... no kids and not at all like the adult area on some other lines

• The daily Compass has a perforation so you can just take one sheet with you.

• A lot of the signature drinks include the glass and some are quite beautiful. The cordial glasses are like none I have ever seen

• If you need anything from your room steward just leave a note (we do this on all cruises) extra hangers, bucket of ice and extra glasses (they were not in the room), open the balcony door to our next door son's cabin (couldn't open these, it turned out), put beds together in son's room, etc.

• if you did not make reservations, don't sweat it. Odds are you will be able to get into the show if you get there 15 minutes before the shows starts.

• Down load shipmate app(if you have smartphone ).

• chat up one of the Cruise Director Staff..ask them what they love to do on each of the island stops. Doing that found us one of the truly great places to have lunch on Roatan.

• take the walking/jogging path around to back of ship. There are chairs. The view of the wake is beautiful.

• secret balcony on deck 11 to watch the aqua theater shows.

• would recommend Bernard's tour number 2 in St. Maarten. For 42pp we saw both the Dutch and French side of the island with many short stops and two longer stops at Orient and Maho beach. The vans are clean and the tour guide did an excellent job.

• In Nassau we did the Blue Lagoon beach break. We walked behind the restaurant and nobody was on that side of the beach besides the life guard. We brought with our own snorkel gear and we had a fabulous time.

• If you are going on the western schedule in Haiti make sure you wear your water shoes lots of rocks and such.

• The western schedule in Grand Cayman the sting ray swim was a great adventure

• The formal nights are the 2nd and 5th night with lobster being served on night 5.

• You can bring two bottles of wine per stateroom in your carry on bag.

• Loved the roast beef sandwiches in Park Cafe and the shrimp in Solarium Bistro.

• I found that the best time to ride the flow rider was right when it opened. I was able to get on 6 times in 30 minutes vs. 1 time per 30 minutes on sea days.

• On Deck 11 and 12 there are 2 public balconies with chairs and loungers that few people seem to know about. Walk all the way aft and there is a door at the end of the hallway. Great spot for sail away, Aqua Theatre shows, and to watch the latecomers run for their lives in port!

• deck 14 you can slip out to the front of the ship. Yes, I know that I'm not using the correct term. Anyway, you go one flight down from the solarium! go down the cabin hallway and a door will lead you to the outside with very few people out there.

• Deck 14 also has the aft public balconies. Deck 14 forward area is only accessible via the port side passenger corridor.

• Take a highlighter...to mark things you want to do in the Cruise Compass

• Take a roll of quarters. For when you come accoss a drink machine in port and wish you had change.

• Refillable water bottle.

• Use luggage tags with your name (in addition to any cruise related tags in case they get torn off). Also put one inside your bag.

• Try on ALL your clothes the week before you go.

• Ziploc bags, for saving those cookies/donuts you didn't eat (or for taking some into port).

Here is some info I've gathered for my upcoming Oasis Western itenerary. I'm a planner too and like to know what's included, what's "for fee", where things are ahead of time.... So take a look and maybe some of it will help. Happy cruising to you. And welcome to Royal!

[ATTACH]278841[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]278842[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]278843[/ATTACH]

Thanks. Great source of info

Schedule your disembarkment for before 9am. A couple reasons...

1) Breakfast stops being served at 8:30

2) You need to be out of your room by 8

3) While there are comfortable places to wait, that's all you're doing is waiting. On our sailing, the process slowed right around 9.

Schedule your disembarkment for before 9am. A couple reasons...

1) Breakfast stops being served at 8:30

2) You need to be out of your room by 8

3) While there are comfortable places to wait, that's all you're doing is waiting. On our sailing, the process slowed right around 9.

I'll even take that a step further. We paid the $20 per person and had them deliver our luggage directly to airport. Best $80. we spent :-) plus you can leave anytime between 6:30-10:00 no waiting at all.

I'll even take that a step further. We paid the $20 per person and had them deliver our luggage directly to airport. Best $80. we spent :-) plus you can leave anytime between 6:30-10:00 no waiting at all.

Which works great if you're flying out of FLL or MIA. We actually took a couple extra days and drove to Cocoa Beach and toured Kennedy Space Center.

Archived