Epic disembarkation in Barcelona

Cruisercl

My question: how is the disembarkation in Barcelona from the Epic? It says it docks at 5am so I would like to know how early a flight I could get without a big hurry to get to the airport.

What have other NCL Epic cruisers experiences been?

I looked for this information but was unable to find a post.

My thanks in advance. :)

We got off about 7.30 having put our luggage out the night before and it was really easy. There are also loads of taxis at the terminal building for the 20 minute drive to the airport. Having to be at the airport 2 hours before I would happily book a flight for 10.30am (only if I had pre booked my seats though)

• 8 months later...
We are looking at flights out of BCN to Paris, is an 8.30 flight do-able? we would carry our own luggage... thanks!

It is do-able, but I wouldn't try it myself.

Walk off was scheduled to start at 5.30am on our cruise last year. I have no idea whether it did start at that time, as I was fast asleep, but if you could get off then you would have plenty of time to make your flight. You could get to the airport in half an hour quite easily at that time.

However, you haven't got much time for any problems. It wouldn't take much to go wrong before you could have trouble.

It's more likely than not that you would make it, but I think it's just a bit to close. It wouldn't make for a very relaxing last evening for example, unless everyone in your party is very relaxed about these sort of things.

I found a 9:40 flight...the price is so low!

Go for it. Like you said, the flights are cheap and ship gets in 4 hours before you fly out.

You have options if things get really messed up and you cant make it in time. You can always catch a 6.5hr train to Paris and eat the cost of the plane tickets.

Also keep in mind that there will not be the usual customs and immigration check we usually have on Caribbean cruises and the entire cruise will not be disembarking as some people will have gotten on in Rome.

I have the opposite problem. I want to stay on the ship as long as possible since our train doesn't leave until 1:30pm. Does anyone know how late you can stay on the ship?

I have the opposite problem. I want to stay on the ship as long as possible since our train doesn't leave until 1:30pm. Does anyone know how late you can stay on the ship?

By the time it gets to about 9am they will be starting to be fairly insistent with their announcements. I think that you may be able to manage to stay onboard until near 10am but it won't be much fun.

We usually start off saying that we won't rush off in the morning, but are rarely still onboard by 9am. There just isn't much to do and you just always feel you are in somebody's way. I think I'd rather wait at the station.

I think that you may be able to manage to stay onboard until near 10am but it won't be much fun.

LOL I understand this completely! One time we got back to our cabin the morning of disembarkation and found our cabin bathroom was locked. The cabin steward cleaned it while we were at breakfast and then locked it. We were not happy!

By the time it gets to about 9am they will be starting to be fairly insistent with their announcements. I think that you may be able to manage to stay onboard until near 10am but it won't be much fun.

We usually start off saying that we won't rush off in the morning, but are rarely still onboard by 9am. There just isn't much to do and you just always feel you are in somebody's way. I think I'd rather wait at the station.

I don't know where you are taking the train but if you bought 1st class tickets you will have access to the Sala Club Lounge.

Here is a short review from flyertalk with some pictures.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18888954-post59.html