Just off Jewel of the Seas

What night had the worst menu selections in the main dining room? Usually for us it is "Italian or Caribbean Night" trying to decide which night for Chops. :p

For us, none really. There are certain dishes served every night and other options that rotate.

Any meal I don't have to cook is okay with me.

What night had the worst menu selections in the main dining room? Usually for us it is "Italian or Caribbean Night" trying to decide which night for Chops. :p

We did Chops on the first night because the maitre d' told us that if we were going to miss a night in the MDR it should be the first or 6th night. The 2nd and 5th nights are the formal nights with the 5th night being the lobster platter.

My niece and I were on this sailing. We had a TOTAL BLAST!!! Ports were truly amazing. We were in cabin 1600. The view was mindblowing. Room itself was perfect. This was by far for me, was the best cruise I have ever been on. We fell in love with Jewel. Incredible memories were made.

My niece and I were on this sailing. We had a TOTAL BLAST!!! Ports were truly amazing. We were in cabin 1600. The view was mindblowing. Room itself was perfect. This was by far for me, was the best cruise I have ever been on. We fell in love with Jewel. Incredible memories were made.

Paul were you on the CoolRunnings catamaran tour in Barbados?

There was also a muster drill at 8:30 for those people that were off the ship during the 5:30 drill.

As far as choosing a night for Chops, they post the dining menus every morning outside the Tides Dining Room and outside of the Windjammer. So it would be easy to walk by and see if you like the menu for the night and make a decision on Chops.

The only thing included at the champagne bar were some martinis and beer. This was the only thing that surprised me is that it was hard to get a drink at the champagne bar, but no worries because the schooner bar is literally 20 feet away from the champagne bar. You could get inexpensive champagne at any of the bars. This is the only area we had any trouble at all getting a drink.

Thank you for clarifying that - It seems the problem with the champagne bar is only on the Jewel. The champagne bar might be the deal breaker for us - We love our champagne cocktails. It is just baffling that they are not included when Martinis are, and the martinis usually cost more. 2 and a half weeks till cruise and I am still going back and forth!

Thank you for clarifying that - It seems the problem with the champagne bar is only on the Jewel. The champagne bar might be the deal breaker for us - We love our champagne cocktails. It is just baffling that they are not included when Martinis are, and the martinis usually cost more. 2 and a half weeks till cruise and I am still going back and forth!

Yea the bartender at the champagne bar kept saying all they serve there is premium champagne, which my repsonse to her was I thought I had gotten the premium package. But it was still worth it in my opinion, but if all you like to drink is champagne cocktails I would tell you not to do it because it would most likely be a waste. Worst case scenario just wait until you get on the boat, go to the champagne bar and ask what would be included if it still doesn't seem worth then don't do it. I wouldnt worry about it right now

YES!!! YES!!! My niece and I were last two on the bus. What a great time!

Paul, this is Adam ( guy with the twins and another set on the way!!) my entire family was on the bus with you on the Cool Runnings trip!! It was great meeting you and your niece, you are both so wonderful people.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

This will be the first time trying MTD,but I am a little confused . Do I make reservations, in advance, for this? Any,and all advice , is appreciated !

They encourage reservations, but it's your choice. You can just walk up anytime within dinner hours without a reservation and they will seat you. Reservations might help get you the same wait staff every night, but many have reported here that they are able to get the same wait staff even without reservations.

Adam, what an absolute pleasure it was to meet you and your wife. Best wishes to your new twins. Your wife is a true champion. Kara and I had the time of our lives. We fell in love Jewel. She was so good to us. We will never forget Cool Runnings. I enjoyed Jewel so much that I booked for next July 12, 2014.

St Lucia: booked a tour with Cosol tours and I would highly recommend this tour. It includes breakfast and unlimited drinks. If you book this tour request FatMan as your tour guide and make sure you try the banana ketchup. Yes banana ketchup, it's amazing! This tour takes you to a banana plantation, a mud bath (make sure you try) and a beach and you get to see so much of the island.

Second this - we did Cosol in 2010 and it was the best excursion we've ever done!

thank you for all your help with my drink package questions, or course I have another one: Do you know if sambuca and annisette are included?

I am pretty sure sambuca is, but dont hold me to that because I dont drink it and it didnt look for it on the boat. Not even sure what annisette is, lol, so would have no way to know if it is included. Still think it is a wise investment for anyone who likes to drink. Very convenient and it takes the worry out of the trip, because you know what you are paying upfront.

• 1 month later...
There was also a muster drill at 8:30 for those people that were off the ship during the 5:30 drill.

As far as choosing a night for Chops, they post the dining menus every morning outside the Tides Dining Room and outside of the Windjammer. So it would be easy to walk by and see if you like the menu for the night and make a decision on Chops.

This is super helpfull, thanks a lot. I didnt see that on the Oasis, or maybe I just didnt find it. I didnt bother on asking either LOL.

The more I read about the Jewel, the more excited I get about it!3.5 months to go :D

• 2 weeks later...

Great info. We have been on the Jewel twice before and are looking forward to sailing on her in Feb. Did you find the stateroom, and the ship in general, in good shape or is it getting obvious a dry dock is in the future? Thanks

Going on the Jewel this November (1st time with RCCL), a couple of questions:

What time were the cabins ready on embarkation day?

How early were you off the ship on debarkation day?

Is the MDR open for lunch on Embarkation day and/or any other days for lunch?

Thanks in advance!