upsell offer

Anna201213

Last winter I received some offers to go on another cruise because it was oversold. I had my own air arrangements. Do you think I would have received offers if I took O air instead of my own

I think you would be more likely to get the move over offer if you had your air with Oceania.

I think upsell is when you get an offer on the same cruise but to a higher category.

I agree with Caviargal. While we have very occasionally booked O's air, most of the time we have not. And we have gotten many upsell offers.

It may have helped that we let our TA know that we were interested in such offers.

When we took the Oct '11 offer to switch from a PH on Regatta (Alaska) to a Vista on Marina (the Med) we had booked our own air.

I don't think using O's air has anything to do with such offers, but letting O or your TA know you will be receptive may be something else.

Mura

From what I've read, plus personally experienced, you're more likely to be offered an upsell if you're occupying a coveted cabin, which usually for my cruises have turned out to be suites, insides, and ocean-views. If you're interested in an upsell, make sure your TA (assuming you used one) has your cell phone number and an idea of what you're likely to accept. Once an offer is made, there isn't much time for decision-making, and unless your TA is OK with making a decision for you and charging your credit card (most are not!) you need to be reachable and decisive!

Archived