A bit concerned about using ChoiceAir

batoryfirst

So you would buy the the $1700 ticket over the $420 one ?

I can't say with certainty because it would depend on a lot of variables, but there's a good chance I would. I wouldn't consider Choice Air unless I could fly 2-3 days early and that might not be possible.

1) Regarding choice air being "consolidator" tickets. In my case my tickets have always been identical to tickets that I would have purchased myself.

Were you actually able to read ALL the rules and restrictions that pertained to your ticket and KNOW it was exactly the same ticket? Rerouting rules? Endorsement rules? etc.

We have 65 min in London to make a connecting flight , there is a number of flight after that one to Barcelona , I talk to British Air , they said it is a legal ticket , if we cannot make the connecting flight , BA will get us on the next flight

We are flying into Barcelona 2 days early

Clarification: they will get you on the next flight on which there are available seats. There is no guarantee that it will be the very next flight. With 2 days you should be fine, though. Lots of time to wait, if necessary, for a flight with available seats.

If you have concerns, don't use it, it's not worth the worries. We've used it three times, and couldn't be happier. There was a comment about horror stories, but pertaining to the actual flight, I don't remember any. My online TA of choice told us on the Connie last year, that she's been reccomending Choice Air for ten years and have had 0 complaints. Again, if you still have concerns, don't do it.

It hasn't been around that long, only a few years. It's RCCL on-line booking tool.

Dear Shelia,

I am sure you know that since you booked independently and not through Choice Air Celebrity is not responsible for you if your flight gets changed or cancelled or if the cruise itinerary should change or the cruise cancelled. The air is all on your nickle. We like having the peace of mind knowing that if there are changes or cancellations we are covered. As they say, different strokes for different folks. Enjoy your cruise. We can't wait for ours.

Wait until you have to deal with an issue. We had a flight canceled and it took 5 days for them to put us on another one. You get a call center in the Phillipines and they can't do anything. The change has to go through the Miami Exceptions department. Fortunately we are not traveling for a few months, but I would have been livid if the new flights/airlines prices went up in price while we waited for the Choice Air department to make the change.

Ask these questions on the Cruise Air board.

Celebrity will not pay the differance in price if your flight is canceled and you need to rebook on a differant airline at a higher price. They are just acting as agent. While the airline will reimburse you for a canceled flight, the new one you pick will be at the current price.

We have used them for a transatlantic one way but we arrive 2 or 3 days early. I just don't want people to believe they are always "covered" by the cruise line should their flight be delayed or they miss their cruise.

Interestingly I just priced out Choice Air for my Dec cruise, it was cheaper through the airline than choice air by 20.00 per person.

You just never know when Choice Air will be better than the airline.

Was that domestic or international? On domestic, I can always do as good, if not better on my own. One way international is a different story. We've done it three times and Choice Air has been 1/4 to 1/3 of the best price I could find on my own.

Were you actually able to read ALL the rules and restrictions that pertained to your ticket and KNOW it was exactly the same ticket? Rerouting rules? Endorsement rules? etc.

My friend who works at the airline was able to confirm my last (and current) tickets were identical to the tickets I would have gotten had I decided to buy directly from the Airline. They were identical to the least expensive tickets available and as such have more restrictions than a full fare or business class ticket, but they definitely were not consolidator tickets. On my last flight I got full air miles and will also get that this flight.

I'm not trying to say that every ticket purchased via Choice Air is like mine, but I definitely know that regular tickets are available through them as well. I didn't get the thousands dollar savings others talk about but the money I did save will go towards a few bottles if wine or perhaps towards my nxt cruise.

My fr

I'm not trying to say that every ticket purchased via Choice Air is like mine, but I definitely know that regular tickets are available through them as well.

Yes they are. The issue is that people post things like how they bought from Choice Air and they had no issues and everything was fine. That can lead less experienced flyers to assume "Hey, they had no problems, (all) Choice Air tickets must be just like "regular" tickets." Definitely not the case!

I have used Choice Air twice, for one way tickets for transatlantic cruises.

Nov of 2012 from Minneapolis to London Heathrow (to meet the Constellation) on Delta for $394.00. The cheapest fare (for the SAME flight!) through expedia, orbitz, or travelocity was MUCH higher. ($800-$1100)

Rome to home in May of this year (after getting off Silhouette) was $608. Fares on "the big three" were $900-$1300

I am looking at the Connie again this fall out of Istanbul.

Choice air will get me there on Delta for $527.24

Delta will get me there (on the same flights!) for $3175.80

The "big three" will do it for $1283.00

For the price differential, you could fly one week or THREE weeks early, and pay for an extended hotel stay or two more cruises!

I'll take choice air for one way transatlantics ANYDAY.

Thank y'all for all the feedback. I don't think I could cruise without all the information I find on CruiseCritic.

Haven't booked the air yet, but will let y'all know my experience when I do. Cruise isn't until late November.

Nancy

Archived