How early can we drop luggage on Carnival Glory from Boston and what can we do before

restaurants and hotels are all that is within the immediate cruise terminal area.

Also lots of places to sit and watch the boats and the planes at Logan Airport across the harbor, but nothing touristy within a mile.

Castle Island is a great visit, it's about 2 miles away. Good walk on a nice day or a cheap cab ride -- it's a Civil War fort and a causeway out into the harbor, also a great place to watch boats and airplanes.

Faneuil Hall is about 2 miles in the other direction, along with the rest of the downtown tourist sites.

restaurants and hotels are all that is within the immediate cruise terminal area.

Also lots of places to sit and watch the boats and the planes at Logan Airport across the harbor, but nothing touristy within a mile.

Castle Island is a great visit, it's about 2 miles away. Good walk on a nice day or a cheap cab ride -- it's a Civil War fort and a causeway out into the harbor, also a great place to watch boats and airplanes.

Faneuil Hall is about 2 miles in the other direction, along with the rest of the downtown tourist sites.

That's what I was afraid of, it is the same here with the cruise area in NYC.

Anyone know what time we can drop off luggage on the ship?

Thanks!

I sailed out of Boston on NCL 2 years ago, I got to the port about 11am and was on the ship by noon. How early are you planning to be there? Saturday or Sunday? Some places open later on Sunday mornings in Boston.

You could take the Silver Line (part of the public transportation system - www.mbta.com ) at the pier to South Station and walk from there up to Downtown Crossing or Faneuil Hall or the Aquarium.

Or beat the lines to check-in at the ship and get on board early.

The earliest you'd be able to check your luggage in is around 10 am. But, frankly you're better off just checking in and boarding the ship around 11:30 am or noon.

If you come back around 2 pm you'll get stuck in a huge line. Once you're aboard you have a nice lunch, explore the ship, check out your cabin and ease into cruise mode.

Have a great cruise.

Jonathan

The earliest you'd be able to check your luggage in is around 10 am. But, frankly you're better off just checking in and boarding the ship around 11:30 am or noon.

If you come back around 2 pm you'll get stuck in a huge line. Once you're aboard you have a nice lunch, explore the ship, check out your cabin and ease into cruise mode.

Have a great cruise.

Jonathan

Thanks. I think we will aim for 11:30 and "ease into cruise mode"!!!! Thank-you!

I sailed out of Boston on NCL 2 years ago, I got to the port about 11am and was on the ship by noon. How early are you planning to be there? Saturday or Sunday? Some places open later on Sunday mornings in Boston.

You could take the Silver Line (part of the public transportation system - www.mbta.com ) at the pier to South Station and walk from there up to Downtown Crossing or Faneuil Hall or the Aquarium.

Or beat the lines to check-in at the ship and get on board early.

I think we should beat the lines and check in early. Great suggestions. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
This port was the best embarkation and debarkation we have ever done. Fast.

Agreed!!! My dad left his backpack with all of their medications etc on the shuttle bus from the parking lot. Luckily I asked him about his backpack before we got on the ship. We went back and some how one of the guys loading the luggage remembered the bag and which cart he put it on. It was on the very bottom but he kindly jumped in the huge cart and dug it out. My mom labeled it with the luggage tags even though it was meant to be a carryon, and thank goodness she did that or who knows what we would have done. It really could have been a huge disaster! Everything went smoothly! I'm so sad it is all over already. This is probably the saddest I have ever been after a vacation has ended.

We were on the same cruise at you. 7-21-13. Man that was a foggy and rainy cruise.

Yes it was, but we still had a great time. My husband ended up with a very bad throat infection for the last 4 days, and despite the weather, a little seasick we still loved the cruise. I wish I made it to the meet and greet to meet everyone, but we were mixed up and went to the one posted in the fun times and no one else was there. Oh well....I love to put faces to the names.

Archived