Woohoo, just saved $$$

Thank you Cruise Critic and all you wonderful posters out there. I saw a post about someone finding their fare was less now and getting a discount. So I checked my own cruise for my next birthday, and sure enough it was down. So I called RCI since I always just book direct through them. And woohoo, total cruise fare is down by $70 pp, so $140 saved. :) :) :)

Sent from iPhone using Cruise Critic App

Congratulations. That's always a nice bonus ... means you have more $$$ to spend on excursions and drinks!

Every price drop I've ever gotten has been on these boards first. I don't check daily ... and I appreciate those who do so, and then share their good news so the rest of us can enjoy.

I check daily and it sure pays off. I ususally book an inside or Promenade room. Well I had an inside booked just moved to a Promenade and save $298.00- add that to the savings certificate and the OBC for using a NCC, another $100.00 and I have saved a whooping $ $463.00 on this cruise. Passed the word onto my friends on this sailing and now all have saved. Can't wait for October! :D

We also just found a great price drop. Had a balcony booked on Grandeur 2/28/14 for $1,179. While checking for price drop I noticed that they had deals for suites. We changed to a JS for $999 pp. Savings of $180 pp to upgrade from balcony to a junior suite. Great DEAL. :)

I would like to add my thanks to the CC people. I never knew to check on a price drop. I now check once or twice a week. Two days ago I saw a $250 per person drop on a Central Park balcony on the Oasis. I called the TA and they rebooked (I lost my $100 OBC) so we saved $400. My husband really wants to to the behind the scenes tour, but I think it is too expensive. Now we will do the tour and still be $100 ahead!! Happy dance!:)

I am still waiting for some price drops on the Allure for our 9/1/13 sailing. We are booked in a JS but I would love to upgrade to a GS if there is a price drop. I am quite surprised there hasn't been any drops yet. There are still plenty of suites available and were 43 days away from sailing. Crossing my fingers there is a big drop soon. I am getting obsessed with checking the site and it is driving my family crazy!

Congratulations on your price drop. Enjoy your behind the seas tour. It is a great tour!

Just looked at my total package difference, and it's down by 194. :) :) :) :) :) I guess less tax made it go down a little more.

Sent from iPhone using Cruise Critic App

Cool. Typically the port taxes do not go down and are set. At least in all my cases when we have a price drop.

I saved $500 plus $200 OBC!!!!!!! So excited, never happens to us! Big savings!

YES!! Keep checking every day!

Marguerite

ok clearly im new since I didn't know about this. do you just go on rccl and price out the same cruise within the same category and if its lower you call in and let them know?

Does this happen mostly within a few months prior to the cruise? Mine is booked for May 10/14. Should I even be looking now?

ok clearly im new since I didn't know about this. do you just go on rccl and price out the same cruise within the same category and if its lower you call in and let them know? Yes.

Does this happen mostly within a few months prior to the cruise? Mine is booked for May 10/14. Should I even be looking now? Price drops can happen at any time. You should look constantly from the day you book.

See answers in RED.

Some price drops are restricted to new bookings, and therefore cannot be applied to an existing booking.

Our family cruise on the Indepedence next March (the 15th) has dropped $250.00 per person since I booked in January. Multiply that by 6 for total savings of $1500.00! It pays to check every day (set the cruise details page up as a favourite...if I, a certified computer dinosaur, can do it, anyone can!). This latest reduction is "Hot Deal" pricing, so I don't know how long it will last.

I book through a local TA, and it only takes a few moments for him to email me with the updated invoices from RCI.

We also just found a great price drop. Had a balcony booked on Grandeur 2/28/14 for $1,179. While checking for price drop I noticed that they had deals for suites. We changed to a JS for $999 pp. Savings of $180 pp to upgrade from balcony to a junior suite. Great DEAL. :)

Thanks for your post! We were planning to book a cruise in February or March and couldn't resist the $999 Junior Suite.

Archived