"Great Deal" - Your Definition

sandyh85

I know everyone will have a different opinion on this one, as some would think it could be the cheapest interior, the beat upgrade, etc.

That being said, what could be considered a "great deal" for a balcony on the eighth floor on Freedom or similar during a January sailing.

I'm satisfied with the rate I have currently - it is well within my budget, even with all the extras I have planned. I just keep finding myself constantly checking Carnival.com to see if I can rebook cheaper (mostly so I can spend more of my budget on fun stuff)!

Anyone have any thoughts?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Forums mobile app

Although I'm always happy and/or accepted the price I originally book, it is nice to know that I could find a better deal.

I always check. I check a lot. Sometimes it works out, most of the time no.

I look at it like this. I'm satisfied when I booked it, and accept that price. Anything less is just a bonus, as you said, to spend on fun things.

You asked for great so this is what I would consider GREAT:

7 day cruise Newer Ship

Inside: $299 - Balcony: $499

Very Good

Inside: $329 - Balcony: $599

Good

Inside: $379 - Balcony: $699

I saw one of the newer Carnival ship had a Sept. sailing, a month ago, had balcony's under $500 for a 7 day cruise. To me that was a GREAT price. Obviously different times of the year play a big factor into price though.

early saver is the best bargin for me. You KNOW you have the best price..because Carnival matches it to every price drop you qualify for except...Easy Saver. or Pack and go.

It also keeps you in the cruise mood. I check prices twice a day. We already have some OBC built up...we will still do what we would have done + a bottle or two of wine for dinner...more photos purchased...a reservation in the Dinner club and the Italian restaurant....Nice.

this is the first time I have done ES and instead of cruising on Princess in March of 2014...I am going to book another cruise with Carnival. On Board...i think you get OBC for doing that.

Everyone has different goals and plans. For the 3 of us, it has to be :

departing from a port we have friends in, we visit friends and stay with them a day oir two before and after the cruise ( no cabs or hotel bills)

Inside Riviera deck for under 300pp

7 days December or January

Flight to and back under 250pp

Total costs under 2k

After this passes test, we then book a year in advance and attempt to start the saving.

It works in 2012, personal savings were too low for 2013 and 2014, so we 2015 is our present goal, which should work.

early saver is the best bargin for me. You KNOW you have the best price..because Carnival matches it to every price drop you qualify for except...Easy Saver. or Pack and go.

It also keeps you in the cruise mood. I check prices twice a day.

I couldn't get early saver, but can always rebook a cheaper price.

What you call cruise mood, I call torture! This trip is constantly on my mind and I just want to forget about it until its closer!!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Forums mobile app

Archived