Greek Islands/Observation Deck Noordam Cabin

orgutierrez

Hello, I will be on the Ancient Mysteries cruise onboard the ms Noordam from the 15th August to the 26th. I wanted to hear some recommendations on what to do in the following ports of call:

Heraklion, Crete: I looked for some information and I fought out that there's a very nice fort right next to the sea, I also looked for some beaches all around Crete and I discovered that most of the nicest beaches are located in the west part of the island, closer to Chania. What would you do? Just DIY around Heraklion visiting the fort and something else? What else can we visit in Heraklion apart from the fort? If not though, anyone knows any nice beach close to Heraklion and easily accesible?

Kusadasi, Turkey: I have contacted a tour operator that offered me a 6 hour private tour at a very reasonable price visiting the following places: Ephesus Ancient City, Temple of Artemis, Sirince Village, Terrace Houses, St John Basilica and the House of the Virgin Mary. Would you go for this tour? Is the trip to Ephesus worth?

Rhodes, Greece: I have contacted a tour operator that offered me a 4 1/2 hour tour including the Rhodes Old Town and East Coast (visit to Lindos Acropoli and to St Pauli's Bay), the price sounds good for me, I think that it's worth to do the trip to Lindos, is it? Or it might be better just to wander around Rhodes?

Mykonos, Greece: Lots of forums say that although the itinerary says it's a tender, it is possible that the ship will dock, they say that the dock is far away from Mykonos and the tender drops you right in the center of the town, anyone with experience on this? I think, that in Mykonos, we will walk around the windmills and the town, but anyone knows a good beach close to the town?

And another question, these one about the cruise, anyone has photos of VA cabins and balcony located in the Observation Deck, right below the Observation Lougne? Are balconies there bigger or it is just the same size as any other balcony?

Thanks. Oriol - Barcelona, Spain.

I wanted to hear some recommendations on what to do in the following ports of call:

Kusadasi, Turkey: I have contacted a tour operator that offered me a 6 hour private tour at a very reasonable price visiting the following places: Ephesus Ancient City, Temple of Artemis, Sirince Village, Terrace Houses, St John Basilica and the House of the Virgin Mary. Would you go for this tour? Is the trip to Ephesus worth?

This is ambitious, but well worth it. So long as you have no mobility or endurance problems, this is a fantastic way to spend your time in this port.

Beware of the heat, though. as it drains the energy quickly.

We tendered at Mykonos and you're right the tender dock is right in the middle of downtown. It is such a beautiful island and we loved it there. We so enjoyed the beauty, it is the one time in all our travels, we bought our lunch from a nice retaurant and asked for it to go. The four of us (two couples) sat on the sea wall to eat and drank in every moment of the stark blue and white and have wonderful memories.

I think you are talking about the VA's on the Observation Deck -- right behind the Crow's Nest and below the Sports Deck???

If so -- these are new cabins that were added to the ship this spring. I checked Joanie's Sticky and could not find any pictures of them. Apparently no one has stayed in them yet.

Looking at HAL's site -- the balconies appear to be smaller than the VA's on the Rotterdam deck.

Archived