WOW Cards

Can someone please explain what WOW cards are? New to Royal. THanks

I believe they are only given to Crown & Anchor members (Royal's loyalty group), so you probably won't see one until your second Royal cruise.

I wonder why I've never received them and were Emerald?

They are given out when you check-in at the pier. Next time be sure to ask for two as the check-in reps get so caught up in their check-in process that they forget to hand them out.

I wonder why I've never received them and were Emerald?

They are given out when you check in at the pier, not onboard the ship. Twice, we had to ask for them. One of those times, they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about, but I was insistent so they acted like they ran out of them. I stood firm and asked for a manager, and some suddenly were found in the check-in agents drawer. On our last cruise, they gave them to us automatically, along with our sea passes. However, they would only give us one per cabin, whereas on the previous two cruise when we had to ask for them, we were able to get one per person.

We had them handed to us at check in , used ours for our room steward , with us having two rooms and one of them housed two kids 17-13 he went above and beyond

Cheers

Funbobby

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I gave ours to two girls on the Sports team staff, they worked so hard and were always enthusiastic. One of them I personally found her and handed it to her, the other I dropped off in the Crown and Anchor box.

She was really appreciative. Not sure what happens with these cards. I'm sure there is some incentive for getting them, whether it be extra pay, or maybe extra time off, etc.

Can someone please explain what WOW cards are? New to Royal. THanks

I started getting them once I had hit Diamond status. They are for recognizing really exceptional service.

There is some sort of reward for the person with the most at certain intervals, but I'm not certain what it is.

I gave ours to two girls on the Sports team staff, they worked so hard and were always enthusiastic. One of them I personally found her and handed it to her, the other I dropped off in the Crown and Anchor box.

She was really appreciative. Not sure what happens with these cards. I'm sure there is some incentive for getting them, whether it be extra pay, or maybe extra time off, etc.

I asked what they get and they said it is prize like stuff (T shirts, backpacks, etc). They told me excellent survey results are much more valuable then the WOW cards.

Mike

They are given out when you check in at the pier, not onboard the ship. Twice, we had to ask for them. One of those times, they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about, but I was insistent so they acted like they ran out of them. I stood firm and asked for a manager, and some suddenly were found in the check-in agents drawer. On our last cruise, they gave them to us automatically, along with our sea passes. However, they would only give us one per cabin, whereas on the previous two cruise when we had to ask for them, we were able to get one per person.

we also had to be insistent that they give us one, first they said they didnt have any and didnt know what i was talking about but they had just gave some to the person in the next line over. we asked for a superviser and she gave us one for each person in the room. we used 2 out of 3 they gave us.

We received these on our last cruise. We asked our waiter at the specialty restaurant about them. He kinda laughed and said they get a pin when they get one. Said he had dozens of the pins as does everyone else. I kinda got the idea that the staff really doesn't care about them.

We received these on our last cruise. We asked our waiter at the specialty restaurant about them. He kinda laughed and said they get a pin when they get one. Said he had dozens of the pins as does everyone else. I kinda got the idea that the staff really doesn't care about them.

I got that impression also. I believe they would much rather have their name mentioned in the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Archived