Can u bring fans onboard? (FOS)

Hello,
We must have a fan when we sleep, there was a mention of someone wanting to bring a fan onboard, and there seemed to be some disappointment but there was no mention of it being forbidden. Has anyone brought a fan aboard the FOS?

[quote name='PeteyPeek']Hello,
We must have a fan when we sleep, there was a mention of someone wanting to bring a fan onboard, and there seemed to be some disappointment but there was no mention of it being forbidden. Has anyone brought a fan aboard the FOS?[/quote]
Is this for health reasons? If so, an affidavit from your M.D., might suffice.

Talked with RCI and there is no code or rule against it. I also must have a fan on or I will get stuffy and have a hard time breathing. Not a medical condition, but one my body is used to while sleepy.

We must have a fan when we sleep, there was a mention of someone wanting to bring a fan onboard, and there seemed to be some disappointment but there was no mention of it being forbidden. Has anyone brought a fan aboard the FOS?[/QUOTE]

All us rock stars like a fan (or two or three) with us when we sleep. I guess that why you never see us on RCI cruise ships. I am sure we could find new fans on board rather than bringing them on......Party on!

I didn't see where extension cords are forbidden. The RCL customer service girl said to make sure to turn off the fan when not in the room and there will be no problem. Buy a power strip with a long cord and the extension cord problem should be no problem.

I went on a ship tour of the Oasis. They took us through the back area of Security, and there were piles of irons, and power strips/extension cords. There were also bottles of liquor and other confiscated things. Edited by RhondaC

[quote name='RhondaC']RCCL told me that extension cords are no longer allowed to be brought onboard. I guess I have to find a battery powered fan. .[/quote]

I needed an extension cord on the Allure. I called Maintenance and they brought me a huge heavy duty orange extension cord. Next time I will bring a smaller one myself. If they take it, they take it.

We must have a fan when we sleep, there was a mention of someone wanting to bring a fan onboard, and there seemed to be some disappointment but there was no mention of it being forbidden. Has anyone brought a fan aboard the FOS?[/QUOTE]

I have always brought a fan with me in all of the 20+ cruises I have taken! :)

[quote name='PeteyPeek']Thanks to all! Rhonda, that is interesting....mine will have to be confiscated because it's coming with me.[/QUOTE]

So is mine...I ALWAYS bring an extension cord and as a matter of fact, when I requested distilled water for my DH's CPAP, that emailed me to tell me that they would provide it along with and extension cord. :)

• 3 months later...
I called this morning after reading the same thread you mentioned. I was told by the rep after checking with her supervisor that fans were allowed and I specified electric not battery operated. We actually own both but the battery operated sucks through 6D batteries in a day. Neither one of us can sleep without a fan so that is a total deal breaker for me. We are going on the Liberty of the seas but I don't think that made a difference. Edited by slhb