Alaska - HAL Volendam Review with pictures

kristinp36

Another amazing night for sunsets.....we also had storms off in the distance

LIGHTENING

Alaska%202013-2558-XL.jpg

Boy how lucky to get a great sunset photo and a lightning bolt in the photo.......how long did you wait to get that....???? LOL

Love looking at your photos again.

Thanks....go Beavs!

I did not see you were from Portland.....:p Just glad you are not a Duck!

My wife is the photographer in our family, here is one of her good photos. Females must be the better photographers....:)

DSC_3127.jpg

I did not see you were from Portland.....:p Just glad you are not a Duck!

My wife is the photographer in our family, here is one of her good photos. Females must be the better photographers....:)

DSC_3127.jpg

Crater Lake......beautiful. I know Springfield is pretty far from Portland but I am part of a women's photography group if your wife is interested. Sometimes we make it south to shoot covered bridges, etc.

Your photos and posts are great.. why don't you have a blog? Or do you???

We are heading out next week on the Volendam to do the same cruise.. hope we have great weather as you did...

I take photos and have a travel blog, but nothing like yours...

Keep it up...fantastic...

• 1 year later...
I wanted to relive one of my favorite cruises ever so I decided to re-read my review. Since it is almost Alaska season again!

I know what you mean Kristin, we did an Alaska cruise in 2013 and loved it!

I, too, know what you mean Kristin. I love looking over my photos. I am even working on another trip, but not sure when/if it will happen. I want to go to Gustavus for the small boat tour to Glacier Bay and then head to Sitka where we did not spend anywhere near enough time during our last visit.

I wanted to relive one of my favorite cruises ever so I decided to re-read my review. Since it is almost Alaska season again!

I have just relived our cruise on the Zaandam to Alaska in 2007 via your photos. Would dearly love to go back to Alaska but being in Australia, it's a long way to travel, but who knows - hopefully we will get there again. Your photos, by the way, are just stunning.

We've been on the Volendam twice, the last being from Sydney to Hong Kong in 2012. I recall a few air conditioning issues, but it still remains one of my favourite ships.

Ozcruizer

• 1 year later...

Just discovered your reviews today!

Loved your photos of Alaska!! We went 10 years ago when I had a camera with about a 3x zoom. Definitely not enough for that scenery, so want to go back with something better (still a point and shoot, but longer zoom. Tried learning with a DSLR, and even have a decent kit, but could never get the hang of it.)