Alaska - HAL Volendam Review with pictures

kristinp36

Hi -

I have really enjoyed your trip report. One of the questions I have is where did you take these waterfall pictures? Were they taken from the ship? I LOVE them!

L.A.S.T.

These were all taken on the Tracy Arm Excursion.....from the smaller boat. There were probably hundreds of water falls along the route.

I'm loving your review and fabulous pictures. We go on an Alaskan cruisetour next May 29 and sail southbound on Oosterdam June 1 to Vancouver. I can't wait! Your review is getting me so excited! I also love taking pictures and am prepared to take thousands!

Thanks for sharing!

Judy

This day was a blur because I don't remember much about it......

Mom and I decided to attend the animal towel folding demo which was fun. After 10 cruises I had never been to one before. HAL has a great theater/auditorium where they held movies each day, had cooking demos, etc. The towel folding was in that room.

The seating

_C1A2619-XL.jpg

They had a lot of animals pre-done and then they demonstrated some. The nice part was they demonstrated ones that were not done on this cruise so you could see new ones. They also did some nice questions with the crew members to give an idea of what they are responsible for and how many rooms etc.

_C1A2626-XL.jpg

_C1A2624-XL.jpg

_C1A2627-XL.jpg

Just got back from a cruise on the Westerdam on Saturday and now I'm even more amazed at your photos. They all look so crystal clear. I don't know if you had a lot of haze but all my photos are hazy. It's probably a combination of your skill, your camera, and the conditions, but despite having one of the most beautiful subjects in the world, none of my shots are of the quality of yours. Really fantastic job.

I guess it also does pay to take some of the wildlife excursions. I did see lots of wildlife from the ship but it was mostly in binocular range and not camera range (and I was using a 300mm lens on a 4/3 camera, so that's a 600mm eqivalent on a 35 mm).

Thanks for sharing.

Just got back from a cruise on the Westerdam on Saturday and now I'm even more amazed at your photos. They all look so crystal clear. I don't know if you had a lot of haze but all my photos are hazy. It's probably a combination of your skill, your camera, and the conditions, but despite having one of the most beautiful subjects in the world, none of my shots are of the quality of yours. Really fantastic job.

I guess it also does pay to take some of the wildlife excursions. I did see lots of wildlife from the ship but it was mostly in binocular range and not camera range (and I was using a 300mm lens on a 4/3 camera, so that's a 600mm eqivalent on a 35 mm).

Thanks for sharing.

We didn't have a ton of haze.....there was haze in Tracy Arm and part of my Float Plane excursion but Glacier Bay was a perfect, clear day.