Care Vacations

bltrn

Has anyone used Care Vacations to rent equipment such as a wheelchair? :confused:

Thanks

Yes have used them for 5 years to rent a mobility scooter and have been completely satisfied.

However renting a wheelchair it may actually be more cost effective to purchase one and taking it with you rather than renting one. You should also check Special Needs at Sea ( http://specialneedsatsea.com ) and compare their rental costs with Care Vacations.

I'm not sure if this would apply in your case, but the cruise lines have wheel chairs for you to use, you just have to call them before hand.

Actually the majority of mass market cruise lines provide wheelchair assistance only on embarkation day and disembarkation day as they have a limited supply of wheelchairs that are generally used for medical emergencies.

Most cruise lines clearly state it on their websites that if a passenger requires the use of wheelchair or scooter during the cruise, it is the passenger's responsibility to bring their own or rent one from of one of the cruise lines approved providers.

I'm not sure if this would apply in your case, but the cruise lines have wheel chairs for you to use, you just have to call them before hand.

Not so. I've been disabled for more than 50 years and have found that wheelchairs on the ships are for emergency or embarkation or disembarkation only. We've never been able to pre-arrange a wheelchair for full time use on any ship, and I've been on most of them.

OP, I've used CareVacations a few times and they were very good and reliable. I've rented wheelchairs, walkers, shower seats and scooters.

Archived