Anyone know what category a W refers to for a GTY?

tiffnco

This is listed under suites to begin with...and then they are also listing out S1, S2, GTYs...so, I'm just wondering what category specifically the W is referencing. I'm in an S2, and curious if this would get me a higher category or not...

Thanks!

W is just the code for a suite guarantee; could be anywhere but must be a suite. Since S2 is the lowest category of suite, it COULD result in a higher category cabin. Is it significantly cheaper than the one you already have booked? Are you very attached to the location of your current cabin? One thing about guarantee cabins--once assigned, you can often change to any other available cabin in the identical category.

Thanks Cathy. It's actually $50 more so I probably won't switch...the only cabins they are now offering are all guarantees for the suites. We are close to sailing, so I'm sure that's why. But I wanted to make sure I don't miss an opportunity to jump into a higher cabin if this is what it was.

Thanks Cathy. It's actually $50 more so I probably won't switch...the only cabins they are now offering are all guarantees for the suites. We are close to sailing, so I'm sure that's why. But I wanted to make sure I don't miss an opportunity to jump into a higher cabin if this is what it was.

If your sailing is after final payment, then you can upgrade...as long as the guarantee is "more" than what your original booking price. Your particular sailing probably has some Suites available and they need to sell them.

I don't know - if it was me I would would pay the $50! There are no available Sky Suites (S1 or S2) and the next up are the Celebrity Suites (6 available) - I would gamble for that upgrade:D

If she has a S2 and gives it up for the $50 more W gty, couldn't she possibly end up with her original S2 only paying $50 more?

This is listed under suites to begin with...and then they are also listing out S1, S2, GTYs...so, I'm just wondering what category specifically the W is referencing. I'm in an S2, and curious if this would get me a higher category or not...

Thanks!

The GTY cabins are coded as follows:

W = Suite GTY

XA = AQ GTY

XC = Concierge GTY

X = Balcony GTY

Y - Oceanview GTY

Z = Inside GTY

We took a W GTY on our last cruise. We just got an S2. Some folks who took the GTY got S1, CC, and RS as there were a lot of suites open.

I think on that sailing I would spend $300pp more and grab that 575 ft FV:D cabin # 7108 Those don't come up very often for open booking!!

I didn't think FV on the S Class ships were the same? I know that the corner FVs on the M class ships are sought after, but I think the OP is on Reflection?

I didn't think FV on the S Class ships were the same? I know that the corner FVs on the M class ships are sought after, but I think the OP is on Reflection?

The FV's are enormous on S class, 575 sq. ft. with two separate bedrooms, plus a giant living/dining room. They ARE all the way forward which was a PITA to me! But for a larger group they're great

I think on that sailing I would spend $300pp more and grab that 575 ft FV:D cabin # 7108 Those don't come up very often for open booking!!
It is a huge suite with a real separate living room (not just a sliding divider).

If you don't need that small second bedroom, it can be used as a storage room, or rented out to boarders. ;)

Here is a link to some 7108 photos that someone posted from the Solstice

Celebrity Solstice FV 7108

Hi guys,

OP here...and thanks for all the commentary. Yes, if I paid to "upgrade" and ended up back in an S2, I wouldn't be too happy. BUT, if I ended up in a CS or higher...well, that would be a good gamble.

Does anyone have any experience in a situation like this? What are the odds that X would keep me in the same category if I paid more to "upgrade" into the W?

The odds likely depend on what cabins are still available. I can't name it here, but there are websites where you can see what cabins are still available. If a lot of S2's are still available, then your chances of moving up are slim. If they are mostly sold out, then of course they increase, presuming there are higher level suites open. A gamble.

Hi guys,

OP here...and thanks for all the commentary. Yes, if I paid to "upgrade" and ended up back in an S2, I wouldn't be too happy. BUT, if I ended up in a CS or higher...well, that would be a good gamble.

Does anyone have any experience in a situation like this? What are the odds that X would keep me in the same category if I paid more to "upgrade" into the W?

I would never book a guarantee if I wasn't prepared to accept the worst cabin on the ship that met the terms of the offer.

The odds likely depend on what cabins are still available. I can't name it here, but there are websites where you can see what cabins are still available. If a lot of S2's are still available, then your chances of moving up are slim. If they are mostly sold out, then of course they increase, presuming there are higher level suites open. A gamble.

There are no Sky Suites available - only guarantees showing but there are 6 Celebrity Suites still available for booking! I would do it in a heartbeat with those odds!! But that's me:)

There are no Sky Suites available - only guarantees showing but there are 6 Celebrity Suites still available for booking! I would do it in a heartbeat with those odds!! But that's me:)

Sounds good to me! Does Celebrity normally assign the higher suites to those who book the Guarantee or do they upgrade people in an S1, S2 to the Celebrity Suite and then give the Skys to those who booked Guarantee?

You would think they would move everybody up but in my experience that doesn't happen. They just assign the better cabins to the newest people. I could be wrong but that's how it seems to me. One time we upgraded onboard from a regular balcony to the concierge class. Our new cabin was right above our old. You would think someone in inside or oceanview would have loved to be moved to that veranda cabin but it stayed empty the entire cruise

Sounds good to me! Does Celebrity normally assign the higher suites to those who book the Guarantee or do they upgrade people in an S1, S2 to the Celebrity Suite and then give the Skys to those who booked Guarantee?

I agree with Cathycruises. -,ya just don't know lol. But for $50 I would gamble - again that's just me talking, it's not a recommendation in any way:). What ever you decide, enjoy your suite!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived