Tropical Storm Flossie in Hawaii

kapoho2

The entire state is now under a tropical storm warning. Here on the Big Island we expect to start feeling the impact in a few hours.

A check of the POA webcam shows that they are now at sea. This was supposed to be their second day in Maui, but it now looks like a sea day. Overnight, the storm took a bit of a turn to the north and Maui will now feel more of an impact than originally thought.

Stay safe. I've been watching the news regarding Flossie. We had to climb to 40,000 feet to get out of her way when I returned to California this past week. With her tracking northerly, Maui and Oahu will be affected more. Can't remember the last time Hawaii had a direct hit. Hope this is not an indication of more storms this season. Thank you for any updates.

kopoho2 - Thank you for your post and I hope you are fine during this storm. We have a son in Hilo and we are hopeful that the storm is not as bad as anticipated. When suggesting a visit/cruise to Hawaii for friends I would never think that July/August would be a problem. I am sorry that the POA will not be able to make one or more ports. Aloha, Cherie

The storm blew through here (Kapoho) before noon. The wind picked up and the rain began. Electric was off and on, but we were lucky and it was back on after only about an hour. I hear there are lots of tree branches down..but that is nothing new....happens every time we have a storm. Seems like we dodged the bullet once again. Maui is bracing for the worst now.

Archived