GO Pro?

BillOh

There are some sample videos to be found on YouTube - just search GoPro

you'd want the latest version of course and that looks to still run about 2 times the cost of a SeaLife Mini. But you get video rather than stills . . .

In SAMS last week I saw the HERO2 for $190 but the comparison tests I found on you tube told me I wanted to hold out for the 3 prices to come down if going this route . . .

GoPro images are very sharp. I got some great video of our Cozumel dive last November with the optional dive case and a filter. I drag race also and use it for taping my runs.

You won't be disappointed.

GoPro images are very sharp. I got some great video of our Cozumel dive last November with the optional dive case and a filter. I drag race also and use it for taping my runs.

You won't be disappointed.

Thanks. The filter screws onto the front?

• 2 weeks later...

I just spent a week diving in Grand Cayman with my GoPro 3 White edition. I used both the head mount and a stick mount (homemade using a Gorillapod and a tether). The GoPro 3 takes excellent underwater video.

You can save money buying the GoPro 2 but you will have to buy another case which wipes out the savings. The GoPro 2 had focus issues underwater due to the shape of the waterproof housing lens. The only solution was to buy an aftermarket case. This issue was corrected in the GoPro 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• 4 weeks later...

You can save money buying the GoPro 2 but you will have to buy another case which wipes out the savings. The GoPro 2 had focus issues underwater due to the shape of the waterproof housing lens. The only solution was to buy an aftermarket case. This issue was corrected in the GoPro 3.

Not entirely true. The GoPro 2 does have a proprietary underwater housing case. I have purchased one, but have yet to try it out. The videos you find on youtube show side-by-side comparisons of this housing to the original housing on the GoPro2, and the differences are night and day.

The link below shows the actual housing.

http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories/dive-housing

I also bought a red filter that simply snaps on the front of the housing.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks. The filter screws onto the front?

Hello BillOH,

The filter for my Go Pro was purchased from Polar Pro and is just a sheet of red film. I had to remove the ten screws from the front of the dive camera housing and install the filter under the glass.

buy the hero3 white -- best vids and stills --you can use it underwater / in the air / from a bike on the hood of your car on a surf board ...put around the dog' neck ..put it on your head..etc etc etc..such a clear pic...good luck

Archived