Are cabin doors magnetic?

Hi

Are the cabin doors on the Rhapsody of the Seas magnetic? I cannot find any recent posts to confirm this. We are cruising at Christmas and I would like to decorate the cabin door.

i hope he meant to use to term "steel so magnets would attach to the door."

just think what magnetic doors would cause. pulling wheel chairs, scooters, walkers, cheap watches, belt buckles, etc, etc, etc,

i hope he meant to use to term "steel so magnets would attach to the door."

just think what magnetic doors would cause. pulling wheel chairs, scooters, walkers, cheap watches, belt buckles, etc, etc, etc,

Also messing up the mag strip on your SeaPass card!:eek:

Technically.... (Sorry, I'm an engineer)

Steel IS magnetic. It's not a MAGNET (unless magnetized), but the definition of "Magnetic" includes being able to be magnetized (which steel is), OR.. Is attracted by a magnet (which steel is)

Not all steel is magnetic though.. most stainless grades, for example.

Don't take my word for it:

Magnets are made from magnetic materials. These are metals that can be magnetised or will be attracted to a magnet. Most materials are not magnetic, but iron, cobalt and nickel are magnetic. Steel is mostly iron, so steel is magnetic too.

What's wrong with calling the doors "magnetic" if a magnet will stick to them? Webster's definition is below:

Definition of MAGNETIC

: possessing an extraordinary power or ability to attract <a magnetic personality>

a : of or relating to a magnet or to magnetism

b : of, relating to, or characterized by the earth's magnetism

c : magnetized or capable of being magnetized

d : actuated by magnetic attraction

mag·net·i·cal·ly \-ti-k(ə-)lē\ adverb

.learners-link div.learners-link-content{ font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; padding: 0 5px 0 22px;}.learners-link div.learners-link-content a .word{ text-decoration: none;}.learners-link div.learners-link-content a:hover .word{ color: #5358a9; text-decoration: underline;}#content .definition div.d .learners-link a,#content .definition div.d .learners-link a:hover,#content .definition div.d .learners-link a:link,#content .definition div.d .learners-link a:visited{ color: black; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-variant: normal; font-size: 13px; text-decoration: none;}external.jpg See magnetic defined for English-language learners »

.wcentral-link div.wcentral-link-content{ font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; padding: 0 5px 0 0;}.wcentral-link div.wcentral-link-content a .word{ text-decoration: none;}.wcentral-link div.wcentral-link-content a:hover .word{ color: #5358a9; text-decoration: underline;}#content .definition div.d .wcentral-link a,#content .definition div.d .wcentral-link a:hover,#content .definition div.d .wcentral-link a:link,#content .definition div.d .wcentral-link a:visited{ color: black; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-variant: normal; font-size: 13px; text-decoration: none;}See magnetic defined for kids

Koohiichan

Archived