Partial Transit -- Either Line -- All about the Price!

marybeach

I want to do the Partial Transit this year or next. I know that the Zuiderdam and the Coral Princess are doing 10/11 day cruises. I may be doing it solo, and I'm OK with last minute, but I have meetings I can't miss the second weeks of November and December. If any of you happen to see a drop in the double single supplements for those cruises, please post it. I've never sailed Princess, but I'm game for trying that line. I've been doing random trial bookings, and the price is still double. Thanks!

Pretty sure a partial transit is when the ship goes through the Panama Canal but not all the way through. It turns around and comes back the same way it went in.

A full transit would sail from California to Florida or vice versa. A partial transit would start AND end in the same port--either to/from Florida or to/from California (generally Florida from the ones I've seen.)

I think the full transit cruises are 14 days, the partial transits are shorter.

Correct. Both Panama Canal - Partial Transit cruises leave MIA or FLL, either Princess or Holland America. They are 10 or 11 day cruises. They don't go completely through the Panama Canal, but you can take excursions. Full transit cruises begin on one coast and end on the other, usually 15 days or so, and you have to fly from or to one of the ports. I only want to do the Florida departure. I can't take off more time than that.

Archived