1st Ever Upsell Email!

StephD

So I opened up my email yesterday and what did I see? Yep, and Upsell letter from the Carnival Upsell Fairy. I was so supper excited just to receive it. It was an offer to move from our OV room Empress Deck on Fascination Sept. 21st to a balcony for a total price of $286.00. It was a really good deal because for me to do it myself would be close to $400. I did however not respond because we had a balcony on our last carnival cruise. We only used it maybe 30min the entire cruise. I really want to do the water park at Atlantis so that is what that money is going to be spent toward hopefully. I have to talk DH into spending that much money on a water park. lol:D

The big advantage that Ocean View cabins have over balcony cabins...

is that all that seldom-used balcony space

gets included into your OV cabin, right out to the edge of the hull

-and gets used a heckuva lot more!

Given too, that OVs are always?/usually low down in the hull

you'll get a sweeter ride(for those prone to motion sickness).

IMO, Dollar for dollar, space for space,

it's real hard to beat a well-located OV cabin!

I will definitely get balconies as long as we have our little one; there are just times where we are stuck in the room with him and it is nice to have the option of hanging out with a drink on the balcony. Once he is older I would be totally fine with inside or OV like we used to do, since we were rarely in the room.

I hope you get your wish to go to Atlantis in Nassau :)

I received an email as well 2 days ago for my September cruise on the Breeze. We are in a Large Balcony Aft and for $40 could upgrade to a higher level balcony. Hubby wants his large balcony so we ae staying; however, the email link to show the rooms available at the higher category didn't work. :confused: It's cool though the option was there if we wanted to.

We are rarely in the room, but unlike you, I have never tried a balcony. BUT, if I had one I am not sure I would used it too much either since we are out and about at the crack of dawn to the wee hours of the night. I do want to experience one one day though, just to have the balcony door open at night!

Your cruising lifestyle sounds like us so I would not have booked it either since you've already had the experience and didn't use it much. Enjoy Atlantis! My husband just went there 2 weeks ago on the Imagination overnight and had a great time with his buddies!

I don't think I would have done it for that much for one room. We upgraded our 2 connecting OV rooms on the Freedom to 2 connecting balcony rooms for a total of $400 for both rooms, 5 people total (on our own without the upgrade e-mail). This was after we had price drops totalling $640 for both rooms....we had an additional $200 in price drops after our upgrade that went as OBC since it was after final payment.

Archived