NCL Can Kiss My Deluxe Owner's Suite Backside

Us2inFL

After many cruises on NCL in Owner's Suite accommodations, I am completely fed up with NCL's pricing.

One Week Jade Mediterranean - $13,007

Second Week " " - $13,147

NCL made the reservation and sent me the invoice for 14 Night (same dates, same stateroom #15000) and the price is: $30,398

If any NCL supervisors want to chime in on what they're doing beside rolling the dice on prices, they can let me know here.

648325796_theycankissmyDOS1.jpg.9c57c7ff1eb87b3bb60360b345c453a6.jpg

1562085325_theycankissmyDOS2.jpg.d0da3caa22356fe6968a70e78632965f.jpg

1418812059_the14nightbargain.jpg.5803c2da0c17665e61aac156041d49be.jpg

Check some other online sites, especially suites. Our 2 bedroom was thousands LESS than NCL price. We called them up to match and they said they could not do it, so we went with the online site and it went fine. Just got back, no issues, on board credit, no deposit, and so much less.

After many cruises on NCL in Owner's Suite accommodations, I am completely fed up with NCL's pricing.

NCL made the reservation and sent me the invoice for 14 Night (same dates, same stateroom #15000) and the price is: $30,398

I have noticed that on other routes as well, like b2b panama canal and TA, or b2b2b Alaska, pacific coastal and panama canal. What if you book the first leg and then a week later book the second leg??

I'd call back and see if you get the same story. That alone might resolve the issue. i not you have a couple options.

like otherssuggest, I would book one (perhaps my name first).

Then later I'd call back and book the second one (perhaps companion's name first). With two reservation numbers, all should be good.

Or you could book the Owner's suite for one cruise, and book a different cabin for the other cruise. later call back and upgrade to the desired suite. Again, you'd have two reservation numbers, and all sould be fine.

there is some risk prices might change between your phone calls, but still probably better than the recent offer.

I'd want the reservations on separate numbers in case life events intervened and I neede to shorten my trip or change one of the weeks or something. I'd also get to use two of my reward certificates as partial deposit.

They won't, they already considered it a B2B, and the supervisor said "that is the pricing."

That is ridiculous! So they are going to charge you $4000 extra just because it is B2B? How about penalizing someone for wanting to cruise longer and spend more money! STUPID on their part!

If these cruises are listed independently and can be booked separately for the prices you indicate, then you should be able to book both for the sum of each, not $4,000 more.

I would call back and point out that this seems illogical. If you don't get satisfaction, I would kick it up the ladder. No way is it costing NCL an additional $4,000 because you are sailing back to back.

I wrote a very nice letter this morning, and received a quick reply from Andy Stuart, even while he was on vacation.

He said this concern is being looked at and I will hear more when they get a better idea of what happened.

Can't the OP just cancel with NCL and find a TA who will sell it as 2 separate cruises or even one B2B at lower prices than NCL directly? I have never known NCL's own pricing to be the best price. There isn't any penalty now to cancel - the cruise isn't until June 2014. Just start over somehow and making sure the cabin you want doesn't disappear somehow. The minute I heard NCL's response about the higher price for the B2B I would have started over somewhere else.

We did this cruise in May. You don't spend much time in your cabin. The most important thing about the cabin for this trip, is to have an aft balcony of any kind. It is worth every penny for the views you will enjoy in and out of port, especially Venice. Use the money you save for the excursions and specialty dining (which you will need...dining room food and service was awful).

Of course, I would book this via a TA and get some sort of perks. There is LOTS of commission involved in this deal.

As an alternative... I would just book one trip, and a few minutes later book the next. Seems pretty simple to me.

• 2 weeks later...

The outcome to this oddity was NCL repriced the cruise to be the total of week one and week two, $26,154. That is fair, but still interesting that every other back to back on Jade for that itinerary has an approximate $1000 discount of the total of two weeks.

Of course, I would book this via a TA and get some sort of perks. There is LOTS of commission involved in this deal.

As an alternative... I would just book one trip, and a few minutes later book the next. Seems pretty simple to me.

If someone wanted to spend that kind of scratch with my company the last thing in the world I would want to do is antagonize them by making them jump through hoops.

The outcome to this oddity was NCL repriced the cruise to be the total of week one and week two, $26,154. That is fair, but still interesting that every other back to back on Jade for that itinerary has an approximate $1000 discount of the total of two weeks.

I am glad they repriced it fairly.

I am not accustomed to getting discounts on my b2b cruises, so I would not expect one. If one of the discounted sets appeal to you, change dates.

If someone wanted to spend that kind of scratch with my company the last thing in the world I would want to do is antagonize them by making them jump through hoops.

Exactly, sparks. From my letter to Andy Stuart:

"Andy, Xxxx and I have spent over $50,000 on just our last three cruises with NCL, (were ready to spend $26,000 on upcoming Jade) and consider ourselves loyal to your company's product. However, at this point, I feel that we're being poked in the eye when we should be getting our hands massaged, if you get my drift."

Glad this was resolved. Never any explanation of the pricing discrepancy given? My guess is a computer glitch, but it is most unfortunate that even a reservation supervisor could not think outside the box and just keep parroting "that is the price". They should have recognized there was a problem immediately and started an investigation. Unfortunate that you had to go to Andy Stuart to get it resolved.

I agree....This is quite insane.

I'm happy it was resolved, but I would think they'd also toss you a bone because of the aggravation.

They should never look a gift horse (a suite passenger) in the mouth. Especially when one of the reasons I like NCL is that their customer service typically is quite awesome (and I am not a suite passenger)

Glad this was resolved. Never any explanation of the pricing discrepancy given? My guess is a computer glitch, but it is most unfortunate that even a reservation supervisor could not think outside the box and just keep parroting "that is the price". They should have recognized there was a problem immediately and started an investigation. Unfortunate that you had to go to Andy Stuart to get it resolved.

It probably is some kind of computer glitch. I've been looking at pricing for our October 19 cruise that we booked over a year ago. (Not expecting a price drop, just curious as to how much it's gone up.) It seems pricing has been skewed for the last couple of months. We booked an SF (usually the cheapest full suite) but, on this sa iling it's priced highest of all the non-Haven suites, $400PP less than the 2 bedroom suites on deck 11 and $100 PP more than the forward penthouses. Go figure.

Archived