Mastercard promo obc

jjh9

I read through all the posts on this thread, and I am still confused.

How is eligible for these promos, people with a Carnival MC or simply any MC? How did you find out about the promo?

Thanks Yall!

That's the whole question, nobody really knows who is eligible. Carnival is not very transparent with these promotions. The most recent one was based on you VIFP club level to how much credit you get. But it seemed only certain people were eligible to these promotions and you didn't really know if you were eligible or not.

Is this the promotion from months past??? .... I received that one for 2 cruises

If this is NEW Promo, Can you please post the link ..

Thank You

This one ended 7/19/2013

I was trying to see if it worked for anyone. A couple said it worked for them most said it did not work for them.

FYI, I emailed Carnival and got the below response :(. I actually asked her how you are supposed to be on the lists. With 20 cruises booked I've never been offered any promotions or upsells.

Hello, Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance. We have reviewed your booking and you were not part of this offer. Guests are selected at random by our

marketing department for certain promotions that are targeted offers. Once the guest receives the offer they must redeem it and that is when onboard credit is applied. You were not part of the offer therefore, we cannot apply onboard credit. At your earliest convenience we ask that you please contact our 24 hour Guest Services department at 800-438-6744 ext. 70355 in the event that you have any additional questions. Thank you for contacting us.

FYI, I emailed Carnival and got the below response :(. I actually asked her how you are supposed to be on the lists. With 20 cruises booked I've never been offered any promotions or upsells.

Hello, Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance. We have reviewed your booking and you were not part of this offer. Guests are selected at random by our

marketing department for certain promotions that are targeted offers. Once the guest receives the offer they must redeem it and that is when onboard credit is applied. You were not part of the offer therefore, we cannot apply onboard credit. At your earliest convenience we ask that you please contact our 24 hour Guest Services department at 800-438-6744 ext. 70355 in the event that you have any additional questions. Thank you for contacting us.

They e-mailed me with almost the same response last year when I asked about the prior Mastercard promo (the one where you had to use a MC for your S&S account for a $50 OBC). I thought I had nothing to lose, so I submitted it anyway, and I got the $50 OBC. I did not receive the targeted offer personally--I just followed the link that someone graciously provided here on CC.

That's not to say that it will be the same with this promo, but you can't always believe what they tell you in regard to these promotions. It almost sounds like a canned response that they send out whenever there is an inquiry about promos.

They e-mailed me with almost the same response last year when I asked about the prior Mastercard promo (the one where you had to use a MC for your S&S account for a $50 OBC). I thought I had nothing to lose, so I submitted it anyway, and I got the $50 OBC. I did not receive the targeted offer personally--I just followed the link that someone graciously provided here on CC.

That's not to say that it will be the same with this promo, but you can't always believe what they tell you in regard to these promotions. It almost sounds like a canned response that they send out whenever there is an inquiry about promos.

I also received the $50 obc on both of our B2B 2013 cruises. Unfortunately, this seems to be an entirely different kind of promo. Oh, well! Wishful thinking!

I also received the $50 obc on both of our B2B 2013 cruises. Unfortunately, this seems to be an entirely different kind of promo. Oh, well! Wishful thinking!
I received the other offer also. Why would they say you would received it on your s&s, then only give it random. Why sent a follow up saying you will get it.

I just received an email reply confirming I do have $200 credit. I had received the mailer for Platinum members. I used the address provided on this forum

imcspecialprograms@carnival.com

In less than 2 days I received this reply:

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

I have reviewed your reservation and see that the $200 onboard credit due for the MasterCard promotion has been applied.

I will request a confirmation to be sent via e-mail, for your records.

Thank you for choosing Carnival.

So, looks as if I was a lucky random cruiser this time!

Good luck to all who submitted a request.

In 2007 when we were on our first cruise we applied for a Carnival MasterCard from Barclay Bank with the hope of one day having a free cruise. We used it for several years not thinking about the points; then one day I decided to research it. In March 2011 I cashed in my points for $450 in credit that showed up on my S & S account. When we went into our stateroom for the first time there were cards on the bed stating how much credit we had. It was also visible in our folio that you can access on the TV. We used that to pay for excursions, drinks, snacks, t-shirts, anything that we bought on the ship and presented our S & S. Now understand, to get that $450 credit we had to charge $47,200 on the card over the years. Have to be careful, sometimes the interest is pretty high so we charge what we are able to pay off every month. You can go to the www.carnival.com site or www.BarclaycardUS.com and read all about it and how to redeem your points. It's really easy. We now charge practically everything on it that we possibly can. Food, gas, monthly utilities, shopping, even donations to church, St. Jude's, etc. On Jan. 6, 2014 my cruise with 3 friends will be paid for. :) Hope all this helps. I would be happy to answer any other questions.

I called Barclay and they knew nothing about the promotion, they said toy call MasterCard so I did. They said it was a Carnival promotion so I called Carnival and was on hold for about 20 min. and hung up. I do not know any more than I did.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I didn't get it on my Fantasy cruise last week (didn't think I would).

And I emailed the address given about my November cruise (since I'd used the MC for deposit, final payment and set it up as my onboard account) and got the response that I wasn't on the list.

OK, fine. Be that way. :mad:

So I went online and changed my onboard spending account to my Visa. MC doesn't want to give me anything, I'll give my business to Visa. I'll probably have enough points after that cruise to redeem a voucher for $200 to pay toward the next one anyway.

Just wondering if anyone is back from their cruise and was given the Carival Mastercard Platinum $200.00 or any other OBC's that they were offering for this promotion??????

We just got back on Monday from a 4 day cruise on the Triumph and we did receive the $200 Mastercard OBC. However, we also had gotten an email before we went saying the OBC had been been applied.

peabody304

Sent from my Samsung S3

The screen said it went through. Haven’t heard anything since. I’ll have to wait until March I guess. It would be nice to get the credit.

The screen told us all that they went through but it appears that unless you received the original email, you are not "on the list" and will not receive the OBC.

Just wondering if anyone is back from their cruise and was given the Carival Mastercard Platinum $200.00 or any other OBC's that they were offering for this promotion??????

No OBC here. Sailed Breeze couple of weeks ago and sailing Imagination next month. Rec'd confirmation screen like others, and like others also contacted land-based guest services prior to cruise and was given same response as what others posted - not on the list and/or not eligible.

• 3 weeks later...