Latest embarkation time and lunch

atlantic cruiser

First time on Riviera next year in the Med. Understand embarkation is timed according to category booked. Is everyone aboard in time to have lunch onboard? We have a B3 cabin booked so not sure what time we will be able to embarck. Also what time are cabins ready. Would rather not have to bring our carry on to lunch! Thanks for any help.

Cabins are ready at 3pm

Waves serves lunch until 4pm

Usually your boarding time will ranges from 1-3pm for the lower Cat

not sure for your embarkation port ..depends on sailaway time as well

Because we always fly in early to go sightseeing at our port of embarkation, we usually board around 3:30 PM. It avoids any earlier rush and all lines. We simply waltz right on board and enjoy our late lunch at the outdoor portion of the Terrace Cafe.

Because we always fly in early to go sightseeing at our port of embarkation, we usually board around 3:30 PM. It avoids any earlier rush and all lines. We simply waltz right on board and enjoy our late lunch at the outdoor portion of the Terrace Cafe.

We usually do the same. As nice as it is to be on board I hate to miss the opportunity of spending some time in the port city. I would not normally return to the ship at one of the port of calls visiting to have lunch on board so also like to spend time in the city we are sailing from.

The funniest time was our first sailing on O. Our stateroom category would allow us to board earlier but even though we had arrived a couple of days before, we chose to spend time enjoying the last bit of sightseeing in the city. We picked up our luggage late from the hotel and arrived at the cruise port after 3:30. It didn't occur to me with the R-ships smaller capacity, nor that most passengers would be so eager to get on board, that the port would be virtually empty at that time. There was us, a couple porters, a couple of attendants to check us in and that was it. The embarkation hall was all ours.

As we worked our way through the facility and onto the ship we kept looking at each other wondering if we had done something wrong - why no one else here?

We still often arrive mid-afternoon and are happy to avoid any possible lineups (except the 'Miami incident'). That is one of the things I very much enjoy about sailing on O, even the O-class ships. The number of times we've had to wait in a line have been very few, even tendering has gone fairly quickly and efficient.

We still often arrive mid-afternoon and are happy to avoid any possible lineups (except the 'Miami incident'). That is one of the things I very much enjoy about sailing on O, even the O-class ships. The number of times we've had to wait in a line have been very few, even tendering has gone fairly quickly and efficient.

I so agree, and I particularly second your last point. I dislike lines and seldom have experienced any when sailing on Oceania.

We arrive in Istanbul and while there was a small line it was all very smooth.

Our stateroom is a regular cabin with a balcony. We arrived at 12.20 and were allowed to board almost immediately but our cabin would not be ready before 3.

We enjoyed a very tasty lunch in the Terrace and then proceeded to the Barristers for an after lunch coffee.

Archived