Suitcase storage in cabin query

Ha-pealady

Nesting suitcases are also handy. Just pop they under the bed open if they are too tall. By leaving them open it makes an ideal holder for your dirty washing out of the way too rather than storing dirty clothes in the bottom of the wardrobe. ;)

I agree with everyone else . . . we have 2 over the large, 29" bags and have never had a problem getting them under the bed. Honeycomb a carry-on inside a 26" and the 26" inside one 29". The other carry-on goes in the other 29" and the rolling garment goes under by itself. All without a problem.

As for soot . . . we had an aft cabin on a trans-Atlantic on the Solstice . . . had read problems of soot after booking, but saw absolutely ZERO on a 15-night TA from Ft. lauderdale to Rome. Would book aft again in a heartbeat!! Would have booked one for our upcoming Canada-New England on the Summit, but didn't get the reservation done in time.

:)

Yes I have it narrowed down to about 12 now, and on my next trip I'm hoping to get it down to 6. Do tennis shoes count as shoes?:)

Don't get carried away now - tennis shoes are definitely tennis shoes and should be worn for travelling to avoid unnecessary bulk, leaving more room for at least 7 pairs! :D

I agree with everyone else . . . we have 2 over the large, 29" bags and have never had a problem getting them under the bed. Honeycomb a carry-on inside a 26" and the 26" inside one 29". The other carry-on goes in the other 29" and the rolling garment goes under by itself. All without a problem.

As for soot . . . we had an aft cabin on a trans-Atlantic on the Solstice . . . had read problems of soot after booking, but saw absolutely ZERO on a 15-night TA from Ft. lauderdale to Rome. Would book aft again in a heartbeat!! Would have booked one for our upcoming Canada-New England on the Summit, but didn't get the reservation done in time.

Reassured by your "soot" comment - just being a bit paranoid really and at the end of the day, we get what we get I suppose. Not going to let it spoil the fun of the cruise and I'm sure it will be ok. It will be expensive soot as the stateroom on penthouse has cost a lot!

By leaving them open it makes an ideal holder for your dirty washing out of the way too rather than storing dirty clothes in the bottom of the wardrobe. ;)

Yes, we use them as a laundry hamper as well. Also as a souvenir catch all.:D

Hi,

This might sound like a daft question but I am wondering where the suitcases get stored once unpacked? Undecided about what type of luggage to use as one of our cases is very large and very deep and may be too deep to store under the bed if this is where they are supposed to go. Would appreciate some kind knowledgeable sole enlightening me please. Also, I am beginning to doubt my decision to book an aft cabin as I keep reading about lots of soot on the balcony which is a bit alarming!

Most of our luggage fits under the bed except for one TALL case. On both Century in2012 and Infinity 5/13 our stateroom attendants stored this bag. No problem getting it back for changing staterooms or for disembarkation.

it is always fun to look at the variety of luggage, packages and etc that people use when traveling. The funniest was on a Carnival cruise out of Tampa. It was a really cheap cruise and because of the price there were many family reunions. People were using cardboard boxes, garbage bags, shopping bags, tupperware storage containers, milk crates and etc. I think for most of them it was the first trip that they were ever on and they thought that it was no different than traveling to visit a relative.

it is always fun to look at the variety of luggage, packages and etc that people use when traveling. The funniest was on a Carnival cruise out of Tampa. It was a really cheap cruise and because of the price there were many family reunions. People were using cardboard boxes, garbage bags, shopping bags, tupperware storage containers, milk crates and etc. I think for most of them it was the first trip that they were ever on and they thought that it was no different than traveling to visit a relative.

Lol, now that would have been amusing.:D

I am retired from an airline and the weirdest/best "suitcase" I ever saw was a brand new metal garbage can ( yes a regular big old one) fully packed with an elastic bungee cord stretched from one handle through the handle on the lid and over to the other can handle. He wanted it tagged fragile! It was so bad we tagged it and when it was in the baggage hold area we had a picture taken of it.

I am retired from an airline and the weirdest/best "suitcase" I ever saw was a brand new metal garbage can ( yes a regular big old one) fully packed with an elastic bungee cord stretched from one handle through the handle on the lid and over to the other can handle. He wanted it tagged fragile! It was so bad we tagged it and when it was in the baggage hold area we had a picture taken of it.

haa haa :D thanks alot, I snorted my coffee through my nose because of your post.

Glad this subject has given everybody a smile! :) We usually take a large laundry bag with us for our dirty washing and then cannot ever be bothered to pack it properly and usually end up both sitting on the suitcase lid to ram it closed because of the rather large mound of dirty washing. Good ideas for me to take with me thanks everybody :cool:

Glad this subject has given everybody a smile! :) We usually take a large laundry bag with us for our dirty washing and then cannot ever be bothered to pack it properly and usually end up both sitting on the suitcase lid to ram it closed because of the rather large mound of dirty washing. Good ideas for me to take with me thanks everybody :cool:

Some threads can be downright dangerous what with snorting coffee and all.:p

Now I know why they now come with hinged lids and wheels so they can also be used as luggage. :D

Now I know why they now come with hinged lids and wheels so they can also be used as luggage. :D

The wheelie bin has been used for more than rubbish collection for a long time. Sometimes as a people mover when they are unable to walk.:eek:

Sorry about your coffee MicCanberra - I'll put a spoiler alert next time for you! btw the can had no wheels - it would just roll on its edge I suppose?? LOL

Thats Ok, it was worth the laugh (which keeps on giving here at work).

In Australia, we have wheelie bins for all sorts of rubbish (green waste, recycling, landfill).:D

bin.jpg.dfd5d58868a5e8f9c99c4f9b68a05a96.jpg

Archived