"European" sun deck on Oasis

On a recent cruise on RCCL (can't recall ship) I stumbled upon a small sun deck on front of ship that was good for an" all over tan" if someone was so inclined.Is there such a location on Oasis and where is it.Thanks I've got plenty of sunscreen,

You were on a recent cruise but you don't remember which ship?

Did you perhaps ingest way too much sunscreen? :cool:

On the Explorer, the top sundeck in front of the spa has a sign saying "San Tropez" without any further explanation. Haven't seen anyone nude or women topless up there, though...

Weren't those the commercial lyrics?.....Ban de Soleil....for that San Tropez tan....:D:):D Maybe that's what it means. :D:confused::D

On the Explorer, the top sundeck in front of the spa has a sign saying "San Tropez" without any further explanation. Haven't seen anyone nude or women topless up there, though...

When I posted this question I was sure I had seen such an area on RCCL.Indeed it was on the Explorer.It is called San Tropez,with very little fanfare and is very discreet-but indeed that is what I was refering to.I take it that your curosity got the best of you as it did me,when I did a look/see.San Tropez?-when in France do as the French do(even on the Explorer)

Obviously people that think they are experts on RCL are not really experts;)

I was recently on Adventure of the Seas- there is a sign that states that the above deck is a topless deck- I should know- because I layed out topless:D.

Maybe it depends on the ship :confused: I don't know- I do not claim to be an expert- I know only what I experienced:)

Thanks for verifying what I saw.For a moment I thought I was having a "senior moment"-I saw it with my own eyes.Its amazng what you can learn on this site.Now please don't tell the kids so they will go there like they do at the adult pool(just kidding) sorry I missed you when I was there. Edited by atlaturne

On the Majesty of the Seas, they sometimes put up a "St. Tropez" sign for the upper-most sun deck. We go on Majesty several times per year, and sometimes they have the signs up and sometimes they don't, and have not discovered the pattern....probably in the winter time when there are a lot of Europeans in Miami looking for a nice weekend getaway.

Given that the ships sail from South Beach, where topless and/or clothing optional beaches are nearby, and sail to ports (such as St. Martin) where there are similar beaches, it's surprising that more ships don't offer a St. Tropez deck.

You were on a recent cruise but you don't remember which ship?

Did you perhaps ingest way too much sunscreen? :cool:

No I didnt ingest any sunscreen-what is recent to me,might not be recent to you.Many cruises over many years-some recent and some not so recent.But thanks for asking.

When on independence of the seas in march there was a "st. Tropez" deck. All the way forward highest deck. There were some taking advantage (whether it was actually against the rules or not I don't know). I'm not sure if this is only because the indy homeports for most of the year in europe.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Must be European thing then because on US based cruises the very top deck on Independence is the Suite reserved sun deck.

It's a different area, reserved suite area faces the pool, there is completely different area facing forward on IOS. There is a sign showing a topless silhouette but definitely not nude sunbathing. Never seen anyone take advantage of it as it gets really windy up there and no drink service. Don't do topless myself but sometimes sit up there for some peace and quiet away from the pool deck.

No I didnt ingest any sunscreen-what is recent to me,might not be recent to you.Many cruises over many years-some recent and some not so recent.But thanks for asking.

Of course you understand that I meant this as a joke, right? :o

Not to beat a dead horse, but is the consensus that the "topless decks" on RCI are only topless on European sailings, and simply "reserved for suite guests" (NON-topless) on American sailings??

IMO, having never seen this on any US-based sailing on 11 different RCI ships over 20+ years of cruising I would say yes - a topless area is a European-based situation.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

On a recent cruise on RCCL (can't recall ship) I stumbled upon a small sun deck on front of ship that was good for an" all over tan" if someone was so inclined.Is there such a location on Oasis and where is it.Thanks I've got plenty of sunscreen,

You were on the Serenade of the Seas June 24th cruise which is currently doing Eastern and Western Med itineraries.:D

We will be doing a b2b this coming October, so will have to check it out.

Edited by cruisenfever

Not to beat a dead horse, but is the consensus that the "topless decks" on RCI are only topless on European sailings, and simply "reserved for suite guests" (NON-topless) on American sailings??
No that is not the consencus-based on those that have seen it-including me(rather than speculating-or saying that it doesn't exist)would say that all or most were observed on "non" European cruises.Also,the suite status does not enter into the use of this area.

• 4 months later...

Some RCL ships have a St. Tropez (topless) deck. I have seen this on Majesty and Independence. I think Oasis/Allure have one too, but the sign is just a small plate. Here's what the big sign looks like.

redir?resid=7145ADE79BB6C89D!4266&authkey=!AIPATKWryaJ9pAo&v=3&ithint=photo%2c.jpg

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=7145ADE79BB6C89D!4266&authkey=!AIPATKWryaJ9pAo&v=3&ithint=photo%2c.jpg

Edited by ehfl

We're cruising on Adventure on 1st September. If the topless deck is in operation, we will try to get a photo (of the sign, not the topless sunbathers!:p). It may not be an issue since our cruise is to Iceland and Norway, and probably a bit chilly for any sunbathing, let alone the topless sort.

Did this cruise this year [2013] and believe me it was hot enough to sunbathe topless or otherwise.

One officer commented he thought he was in the Caribbean it was so nice.

Some RCL ships have a St. Tropez (topless) deck. I have seen this on Majesty and Independence. I think Oasis/Allure have one too, but the sign is just a small plate. Here's what the big sign looks like.

redir?resid=7145ADE79BB6C89D!4266&authkey=!AIPATKWryaJ9pAo&v=3&ithint=photo%2c.jpg

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=7145ADE79BB6C89D!4266&authkey=!AIPATKWryaJ9pAo&v=3&ithint=photo%2c.jpg

That's not Oasis or Allure, it's possibly Indy or Majesty (have not been on recently) but in not sure this is even a Royal ship at all.