Have Molecular Bar Prices gone up???

parislady40

I was looking at a review/blog of a Baltic cruise just completed. The bloggers had a picture of the Molecular Bar Menu. The 20 year Martini shows as $12.50 and the main menu cocktails show as $13.75. Say it isn't so:eek:. Has this been done because of the popularity of the 123 drinks package?? Will this now mean that there is going to be an up-charge as the Premium package covers drinks to $12.00? The review was taken from the Eclipse Baltic cruise. Have not shared the link, as not sure it was okay due personal name on the blog!

Can anyone on a recent cruise confirm this as I am sure it will be of interest? Newbie to Celebrity, and just wanting to be sure. I know I will probably be told if I saw the menu in print, but just wanting to know if it carries throughout all the ships/locations?:o

I will share the link if moderators deem okay!

This review was of a cruise departing the UK. On these cruises, the 15% service charge is included in the menu price. Thus a $10 drink become $11.50 ($10 plus 15%). If you have a drink package they adjust the "maximum allowed" by 15%.

Is this for just the UK departures, or are all European sailing like this as well. I will be cruising from Rome?

No, menu prices do not include gratuities when sailing from Rome or Barcelona, although when sailing from Barcelona there is an issue with sales tax when buying something while in port or close to shore, but this is normally handled by your account being debited only after the ship has left Spanish waters.

I was looking at a review/blog of a Baltic cruise just completed. The bloggers had a picture of the Molecular Bar Menu. The 20 year Martini shows as $12.50 and the main menu cocktails show as $13.75. Say it isn't so:eek:. Has this been done because of the popularity of the 123 drinks package?? Will this now mean that there is going to be an up-charge as the Premium package covers drinks to $12.00? The review was taken from the Eclipse Baltic cruise. Have not shared the link, as not sure it was okay due personal name on the blog!

Can anyone on a recent cruise confirm this as I am sure it will be of interest? Newbie to Celebrity, and just wanting to be sure. I know I will probably be told if I saw the menu in print, but just wanting to know if it carries throughout all the ships/locations?:o

I will share the link if moderators deem okay!

I am sorry that my menus confused you. I also thought that the prices had gone up. Since we had the beverage package, we never saw the bills to see that the gratuity was included. It was brought to my attention and I added the below note above the menus:

THE BAR MENU PRICES INCLUDE THE 15% TIP

SINCE THE CRUISE WAS OUT OF SOUTHAMPTON

I hope that helps. Sure glad the prices didn't go up.

Archived