Book Flight Now/Book Cruise Later?

So, The flight prices from Boston to Fort Lauderdale are really good right now. I was thinking on booking a flight on November 2 - November 11. Then I was planning on waiting until the last minute to book a cruise on the Allure. I am not fussy about where my cabin will be so that is not an issue. Other than I don't want an inside cabin. When would be the time to get a last minute deal on this specific ship? Thanks for any input.

We did the same as you for a cruise that we were planning for the July 4th weekend on Majesty of the Seas. We bought the airline tickets and waited for a good opportunity to buy the cruise closer to sailing. We didn't end up going on the cruise, so we had to cancel our airline tickets, but at least we didn't have to cancel the cruise fare since we hadn't purchased it yet.

Anyway, to answer your specific question, no one knows. It's a mystery and up to supply and demand at that moment. Looking at last year's cruise on Allure of the Seas around that time, some cabin categories appeared to go on sale about five weeks in advance of sailing (around the end of September). I noticed similar timing for sale pricing on the Allure of the Seas cruise that I'm going on in a few weeks. The Tuesday sale prices started appearing for this cruise about four weeks ahead of sailing.

The bottom line, though, is that it's a gamble. If you play the game (like I have), I wish you lots of luck and good fortune!

So, The flight prices from Boston to Fort Lauderdale are really good right now. I was thinking on booking a flight on November 2 - November 11. Then I was planning on waiting until the last minute to book a cruise on the Allure. I am not fussy about where my cabin will be so that is not an issue. Other than I don't want an inside cabin. When would be the time to get a last minute deal on this specific ship? Thanks for any input.

Neighborhood balcony guarantee is $899 right now. I'd just book that now.

:)

Do it! Worst case scenario, you find a hotel and spend a week in Ft. Lauderdale... or book another ship leaving from Ft. Lauderdale. It looks like you've given yourself a little wiggle room, so you could do a ship departing a day earlier or later if necessary.

Neighborhood balcony guarantee is $899 right now. I'd just book that now.

Good point! Plus, there's a savings certificate available for that sailing which would get you a bit more off that price.

We did the same thing for our upcoming Oasis cruise. Southwest had flights on sale from the West Coast to FLL for less than $300 round trip so, knowing that on Southwest we can always cancel for no penalty and then use the credit for future Southwest travel- which won't be an issue, we jumped right on it.

Then we talked about finalizing the cruise. We even booked the flights for a couple days before and after a potential cruise window so we kept our options open to taking Oasis, Allure or even Freedom out of Miami and then took the best deal we could. Now we have a couple days before the cruise to explore South Florida....so my advice is to do it...;)

Go to rccl.com and log in. Then, on the right-hand side, under "Crown & Anchor Society", click on "Special Offers". Lastly, click on "Savings Certificates". You'll see a list of all the certificates available this quarter. If you scroll down, you'll find your Allure of the Seas cruise listed there.

We're going to do this next time. Oasis and Allure are so big that I think rarely they will sell out until prices drop dramatically.

It's a gamble, but one we're willing to take. Prices certainly dropped once final payment deadline passed, so I think that was 75 days before sailing. And then probably again about four weeks before.

We did the same thing for our upcoming Oasis cruise. Southwest had flights on sale from the West Coast to FLL for less than $300 round trip so' date=' knowing that on Southwest we can always cancel for no penalty and then use the credit for future Southwest travel- which won't be an issue, we jumped right on it.

Then we talked about finalizing the cruise. We even booked the flights for a couple days before and after a potential cruise window so we kept our options open to taking Oasis, Allure or even Freedom out of Miami and then took the best deal we could. Now we have a couple days before the cruise to explore South Florida....so my advice is to do it...;)[/quote']

Awww,, your on the sailing right after mine!!!:) I am looking at your signature thinking to myself, my cruise will b over in 60 days:(

Oh well... Time to book another one!! Haha,, have a wonderful cruise!

Awww,, your on the sailing right after mine!!!:) I am looking at your signature thinking to myself, my cruise will b over in 60 days:(

Oh well... Time to book another one!! Haha,, have a wonderful cruise!

You can't think about when it will be over, time will take care of that all on it's own :D. I'm like you though, I need to have something else already booked or at least in the early planning phase before my current vacation ends or I'll be too depressed.

You have a great cruise also, and make sure to take care of the ship for me :)

We did the same thing for our upcoming Oasis cruise. Southwest had flights on sale from the West Coast to FLL for less than $300 round trip so' date=' knowing that on Southwest we can always cancel for no penalty and then use the credit for future Southwest travel- which won't be an issue, we jumped right on it.

Then we talked about finalizing the cruise. We even booked the flights for a couple days before and after a potential cruise window so we kept our options open to taking Oasis, Allure or even Freedom out of Miami and then took the best deal we could. Now we have a couple days before the cruise to explore South Florida....so my advice is to do it...;)[/quote']

I am glad that you chose Oasis out of Fort Lauderdale.

You would have been waiting for a long long long time in Miami for the Freedom.

:cool:

Archived