Eurodam : Fjords , Highlands and Ireland A Review

brazilgirl

Kim....excellent review. We so enjoyed chatting with you on this cruise. You have a wonderful family. I think you and I did great getting our groups off the ship so fast at Dunmore East. It was nice getting to know you all! We look forward to meeting you again one day on the high seas.:)

Kim....excellent review. We so enjoyed chatting with you on this cruise. You have a wonderful family. I think you and I did great getting our groups off the ship so fast at Dunmore East. It was nice getting to know you all! We look forward to meeting you again one day on the high seas.:)

Thank you Deb... I wish we could have spent more time chatting , I really enjoyed our time together. And yes , we work well together , lol!!

Buffalo Man ... You will have a fantastic cruise. Give us a report when you get back . :)

Thanks for the wonderful photos and great review. I have sailed on Eurodam twice and loved her. I am returning to Celebrity for 2 cruises next year, a Norway on the Eclipse and a transatlantic with my hubby on the Equinox. My favorite Holland America ship so far is the Noordam but Eurodam is a close second.

I have sailed the Summit , the Connie , the Infinity and the Xpedition , but no S Class ships... I know I will love them!

I will probably go back and forth on Celebrity and HAL now. I really want to try Oceania and Azamara ( just with hubby) .

I have a booking on the Zuiderdam ( next July , Alaska) but am thinking of switching to the Celebrity Century due to pricing. And now my sister wants to leave from San Francisco , which means nixing Celebrity / HAL and going on Princess . Not sure how I feel about that...

Our next stop was Skjolden , Norway. As I mentioned , I am a " superplanner" . I read everything about every port , I book private tours a year ahead of time. Yes , I am bit obsessive!

Skjolden was a challeng...I couldn't find a private tour I liked ( and I looked everywhere). We ended up booking a HAL tour in Spanish ( which is not our language , lol ) because it was the one we most liked. It ended up being a good choice.

Skjolden is tiny and stunning , at the end of Norway's longest fjord. The trip there and out is incredible. Again we had picture perfect weather.

We visited the Nigardsbreen Glacier and Guapne Church. Our coach was less crowded due to the fact it was Spanish speaking , which was nice. The scenery was out of this world and we were served yummy waffles with strawberries and fresh cream at the nature center.

.yje2upa8.jpg

Eurodam in Skjolden

mudyzu9u.jpg

Guapne Church ( yes , the sky was that blue!!)

I have been waiting to read your report on Skjolden as we will be there in August 2014 and are facing the same "tour decisions". So glad you had a terrific time -- I wonder how it would have been in rainy weather?

I have been waiting to read your report on Skjolden as we will be there in August 2014 and are facing the same "tour decisions". So glad you had a terrific time -- I wonder how it would have been in rainy weather?

How the report was helpful. The sail in and sail out are idyllic and " classic " fjord scenery. The town itself is small , but the setting is breathtaking.

Our excursion was very nice and my BFF did a different one , the Urnes Stave Church. She really enjoyed it , although she mentioned a bus traffic jam at one point.

The drive to the glacier was incredible and at no point did we encounter traffic.

If it had been raining , I am sure it wouldn't have been quite as amazing. We were so blessed by good weather , really out of the ordinary.

I am sure you will enjoy Skjolden! Hope you have great weather too....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How the report was helpful. The sail in and sail out are idyllic and " classic " fjord scenery. The town itself is small , but the setting is breathtaking.

Our excursion was very nice and my BFF did a different one , the Urnes Stave Church. She really enjoyed it , although she mentioned a bus traffic jam at one point.

The drive to the glacier was incredible and at no point did we encounter traffic.

If it had been raining , I am sure it wouldn't have been quite as amazing. We were so blessed by good weather , really out of the ordinary.

I am sure you will enjoy Skjolden! Hope you have great weather too....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I love the idea of being at a not-so-commercial port.:)

Just have to say that while I have never cruised HAL before, I absolutely loved your review and would really love to do this exact cruise one day! Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Thank you , i really appreciate that....it really was an incredible itinerary. And the ship was so lovely!

Thank you for your wonderful review! The Rotterdam has a somewhat similar itinerary in 2014, but doesn't go to the Shetland Islands (http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/CruiseDetails.action?destCode=EN&dateCode=&flexibleMonths=false&noOfFlexibleMonths=1&pageNumber=7&voyageCode=T451&webItineraryIdForAudit=E144NS). That's okay, as I already have plans for 2014. However, maybe HAL will offer it again for 2015.

Edited by NancyIL

Thank you for your wonderful review! The Rotterdam has a somewhat similar itinerary in 2014, but doesn't go to the Shetland Islands (http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/CruiseDetails.action?destCode=EN&dateCode=&flexibleMonths=false&noOfFlexibleMonths=1&pageNumber=7&voyageCode=T451&webItineraryIdForAudit=E144NS). That's okay, as I already have plans for 2014. However, maybe HAL will offer it again for 2015.

The Rotterdam itinerary looks fantastic...no Shetland Islands , but there is the Isle of Skye and the Orkneys. I think the "feel" is quite similar. I dream doing the Voyage of the Vikings and a ship called the Hebridean Princess which really does Scotland well.

Thanks for the kind words!

• 1 year later...
Perfect!!! We could have our own tv show!

brazilgirl - you do the best reviews! Thank you so much! We are interested in the tour you took with Ireland Chauffeurs to Cashel - how much time were you in port for this tour? We dock at Cobh and only have about 5.5 hours so are concerned we wouldn't have enough time at Cashel - thank you!

• 3 years later...