Eurodam : Fjords , Highlands and Ireland A Review

brazilgirl

Nice touch with the birthday cake!

As always, we enjoyed Tamarind, except for the Tamarind Chocolate dessert, which had so much ginger in it, my wife actually became ill. It almost totally over powered the chocolate taste. Too bad, without the ginger, the dessert was a wonderful chocolate delight.

That's odd. I love that dessert and could barely ever taste the ginger. I wonder if you got a bad batch. I've had it many times.

Back on the ship , we enjoyed the pool , as the temps were still high . The retractable roof on the pool was open almost every day as we had incredible , sunny skies every day on the Norway portion of our cruise, our charming Captain Henk Keijer kept joking about the weather and saying we were in the Caribbean.e7abaga5.jpg

Pool area

ygumygar.jpg

Hubby enjoyed reading on our balcony , here you can see the depth of the balcony.

That's odd. I love that dessert and could barely ever taste the ginger. I wonder if you got a bad batch. I've had it many times.

It was very strong and pungent , and I love strong flavors. Must have been a bad batch.

It was very strong and pungent , and I love strong flavors. Must have been a bad batch.

Yikes, now that 2 of you have said that it makes me wonder. Maybe they changed it. I eat a lot of spice so maybe my taste buds are dead:D;).

Next day on rhe cruise was Bergen...again , gorgeous weather. We did our own thing , exploring Bryggen on foot , visiting the castle , the Hanseatic Museum , fish market. We sat next to the water and enjoyed the live music.e8ura4a6.jpg

Bryggen

ju3ygy2e.jpg

We saw this guy working out by the castle.

There were several outdoor BBQ style meals on the cruise and we enjoyed crab legs and steaks by the pool on this evening. The sailaway was gorgeous.

Some general cruise comments and thoughts:

Club HAL:

My 9 year old just loved it. The activities were varied and he wanted to go all the time. He liked it far better than RCI and Carnival's kid clubs. I think the individual attention made a world of difference.

Celebrity has a fine program that he always has enjoyed as well. But kudos to HAL , because he wanted to go all the time!

My teens ( 13 and 16) made good friends at the Loft and really enjoyed hanging out there. The space is modern and the group of teens nice. I was very pleased overall.

Food:

Good and at times great. The speciality restaurants as mentioned were excellent. Many of the appetizers in the MDR were lovely as were the soups. The beef pleasantly surprised me...it was tender and cooked nicely to requested point. The Lido had good variety and good drink service . I loved the sandwich station for lunch. The special poolside meals were very nice. I was quite happy in general eating , lol!

Gym facilities:

Execellent , modern equipment , nicely laid out. DH runs and he loved the treadmills.

Room service:

Fantastic. Very punctual , good hot food , good menu.

Stewards:

Santos was our steward , top notch. Friendly , helpful and hardworking.

Unlimited Laundry:

Best. Deal on the ship... We washed a lot of clothes!

Internet

Expensive and unreliable

More to come!

Hi brazilgirl~! :)

I happened to start reading this random review and to my surprise and delight, it's written by you! ^^ yay! Your pictures are gorgeous and I am totally looking forward to more! c:

(Though it's making me super jealous right now LOL)

Lovely Serenity!

Hi ! So glad to see you following along , you lknow how much I loved your review . :)

You have to talk your parents into taking uou on this cruise , it is amazing!! :)

Thanks to all the others for the nice comments as well , I really appreciate them! Will continue soon with our further adventures!

Our next stop was Skjolden , Norway. As I mentioned , I am a " superplanner" . I read everything about every port , I book private tours a year ahead of time. Yes , I am bit obsessive!

Skjolden was a challeng...I couldn't find a private tour I liked ( and I looked everywhere). We ended up booking a HAL tour in Spanish ( which is not our language , lol ) because it was the one we most liked. It ended up being a good choice.

Skjolden is tiny and stunning , at the end of Norway's longest fjord. The trip there and out is incredible. Again we had picture perfect weather.

We visited the Nigardsbreen Glacier and Guapne Church. Our coach was less crowded due to the fact it was Spanish speaking , which was nice. The scenery was out of this world and we were served yummy waffles with strawberries and fresh cream at the nature center.

.yje2upa8.jpg

Eurodam in Skjolden

mudyzu9u.jpg

Guapne Church ( yes , the sky was that blue!!)

I love reviews with photos! Lots of photos! Thanks...looking forward to the next installments!

off topic (I hope you don't mind) : ahhhh...another person who has visited the Galapagos! We are in dire need to visit this wonderful place :D you don't happen to have a blog, trip report or photo page on your trip? We are tentatively planning on Celebrity Expedition, only "problem" is that you can only snorkel and we want to do some diving there.....still looking through the options......if you have info for me I would be happy to give you my email so as not to further ruin your trip report......:)

Our next Norwegianstop was the lovely Art Nouveau town of Alesund. Again , a sunny day. It was really wild. It was a bit cooler. We purchased the tourist train that takes you up the mountain and then we explored the town on foot taking in the Art Nouveau Museum. Very nice.

It is very easy to walk into town ....if you buy a coffee at the museum café , you can use the internet.tu2e5esy.jpg

Sailing into Alesund

evane3e4.jpg

yzety5uq.jpg

qu4u7umy.jpg

Art Nouveau Details

More thoughts on the ship and the cruise itself.

I realy , really loved the Explorations Café area. What a wonderful concept and such a relaxing space. Great library. One of the best places on the ship.

Entertainment:

Okay....not the best. The BB King band was very good , the piano bar was relaxing as was the Adagio ( strings and piano). The shows in the main theater were ho hum. A gymnast from Iowa ( Lance) did a fun presentation and we enjoyed a presenter from Australia named Pat who did covers of Neil Diamond. He was lots of fun and quite talented.ynuqa8ah.jpg

Since it was a port intensive cruise , I didn't stay up late anyway!

Bars:

I am not a big drinker. They had nice happy hours deals all over at different times. I had a nice cocktail at Tamarind called the Flirtini. We liked the Silk Den , altough the drinks were a bit sweet.

y7u8e7az.jpg

Silk Denvezatuzu.jpg

Lido Pool Bar

Entertainment:

Okay....not the best. The BB King band was very good , the piano bar was relaxing as was the Adagio ( strings and piano). The shows in the main theater were ho hum. A gymnast from Iowa ( Lance) did a fun presentation and we enjoyed a presenter from Australia named Pat who did covers of Neil Diamond. He was lots of fun and quite talented.

I'm thrilled that you mentioned this part of the cruise. :D Most reviewers don't bring it up at all. :(

Do you recall the name of the musician in the Piano Bar?

I'm thrilled that you mentioned this part of the cruise. :D Most reviewers don't bring it up at all. :(

Do you recall the name of the musician in the Piano Bar?

RuthC...

Thanks , trying to cover everything!

It was a woman named Diane I believe. Her husband was also on board , I believe perhaps he was a musician.

The BB King Band was very professional , the singer has an incredible voice.