Paperback trade-in library

notes4theheart

Hi everyone!

Does Princess have a spot for people to leave a book they have finished and pick up a new one?

HAL had this and it was a great feature. I was able to bring only two books, trade them in and leave with none at the end of the cruise (though I could have taken home any two). Makes packing lighter.

I'm specifically on the Sapphire

Hi everyone!

Does Princess have a spot for people to leave a book they have finished and pick up a new one?

HAL had this and it was a great feature. I was able to bring only two books, trade them in and leave with none at the end of the cruise (though I could have taken home any two). Makes packing lighter.

I'm specifically on the Sapphire

Yes they have cabinet in the library used/trade in books.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

Yes, there's always a shelf or two dedicated to book exchange. However, the pickings can be slim during a cruise. I try to drop mine off every few days but I often forget and then on the last day, I'm trundling down there with a stack . . . so, maybe the first day of your cruise is the best time to check it out. Especially if you're on a cruise right after me! That said, I think that the growing numbers of people who use electronic devices instead of proper books probably is having a negative effect on the number and variety on offer, regardless of timing.

Availability can also depend on whether there has been a norovirus (or similar) outbreak recently. The book exchange may be closed and cleared of all books at such a time.

John

I will have to keep this in mind for my next cruise. I would be happy to bring some books, just to leave them for others. I always bring a few books to read but never seem to find time or stay awake.

Archived