CC charging my card without my permission.

ladycooki3

Your final is due 60 days ahead. Not Friday. Your PP probably did you a favor so that your cruise didn't get cancelled.

That is correct, we asked for an extention last month when our final payment was due, we wanted to go from Wed to Friday and were told the same thing, if the day goes past, you could loose the reservation,

With Carnival it is strange how the billing goes through, first a hold for a day, then back off the account for a few days, then the final payment is posted, so if the OP is worried, it will probably work out fine.

Yes, but I spoke to him about me p on friday

Sent from my PC36100 using Forums mobile app

I don't believe that happened, or at least not they way you think it did,

the PVP (customer service rep) can not give you an extension of even one day, it must be paid on time or will cancel.

You are mistaken,

They will listen to the tape of the call and play it for you when you call in.

I have never heard of them giving anyone longer to pay.

Sounds like she is sadly mistaken,

I have never heard of them giving anyone an extention either.

Sounds like she called asking for the extention, and did not listen to the other end of the conversation,

That is correct, we asked for an extention last month when our final payment was due, we wanted to go from Wed to Friday and were told the same thing, if the day goes past, you could loose the reservation

I guess it depends on who you talk to. I was told by a PVP it generally takes a few days before the cancellation email is generated!!

True.

I still wonder how she found out a different card was used, and how she found out so quick.

I have instant alerts for several cards that alert me when it is an online charge. I purposely set these up for cards I rarely use. Had a AMEX alert me several weeks ago. I had to call and immediately cancel it as I was getting charged for someone trying to use it for purchasing $750 Microsoft products online. All charges had been within a few hours and were still in pending state. Crazy thing is I had only used this card once in 6 month to make my down payment on my Carnival cruise the week before.

Waldocruiser you are so wrong!! I don't know about more than two days but I definitely had an extension for that amount of time

No I am not wrong, we called in on the 27th to have our final payment moved from the 29th to the 1st (payday) and was told no it could not be moved, or extended, we could go and not pay by the 29th and it could be canceled, not that it would be canceled, but that it could be, they would not agree to an extention.

So do not tell people they are wrong, when it happened first hand to them, and you were not in the conversation.

I think the PVP's do a bad job explaining what will or could happen, and it causes problems and missunderstandings.

No I am not wrong, we called in on the 27th to have our final payment moved from the 29th to the 1st (payday) and was told no it could not be moved, or extended, we could go and not pay by the 29th and it could be canceled, not that it would be canceled, but that it could be, they would not agree to an extention.

So do not tell people they are wrong, when it happened first hand to them, and you were not in the conversation.

I think the PVP's do a bad job explaining what will or could happen, and it causes problems and missunderstandings.

Sorry if I offended you, but its like I said it depends on who you talk to. My situation was exactly as yours, except for the dates and I had no problem making my final payment two days past due. I was also told I would get an email warning before the cruise was actually cancelled hadn't received that either within two days!! Unless the ship is fully booked already why would carnival want to cancel your trip!! Especially if people aren't climbing over each other for your particular cabin

Sounds like she is sadly mistaken,

I have never heard of them giving anyone an extention either.

Sounds like she called asking for the extention, and did not listen to the other end of the conversation,

I had an extension once by two days. I was on my way to a cruise, and didn't realize until "in the car" that the next day I had to make a final payment on a future cruise. I called them, explained that the card I use for that is at home and wouldn't be able to get the number for two days until my cat sitter would be at my house to feed the cats. I was told that they would make a note and it would not be a problem.

(in two days my catsitter texted me the number and I made the final payment online right on the ship I was on).

So my planner decides to charge my card with out my permission, and my planner said he spoke to someone else and they said i said it was okay for the auto pay. I did not give permission and I told him how would he feels if someone charged you for something and you didnt give permission thats called theft.CC is crazy now.

In my experience booking with Carnival, if I make a reservation prior to final payment date, the reservation agent will ask at the time of booking if I want the final payment to occur automatically when it is due. Perhaps they asked you when you made the booking??

Our final payment was due on the 29th of July. I called a few days before because we had taken insurance out and had some questions. The person I was speaking to informed me that on the 29th our payment would be auto paid using the card we have on file.

Yes they do keep credit cards on file for payments. We always make sure the card we give them is the card we want them to use.

Your final is due 60 days ahead. Not Friday. Your PP probably did you a favor so that your cruise didn't get cancelled.

I don't think all final payments are 60 days. My final payment date is August 27 for a November 10 cruise. Which is 76 days counting day of sailing,

I don't think all final payments are 60 days. My final payment date is August 27 for a November 10 cruise. Which is 76 days counting day of sailing,

Grabbed this from another post but can't confirm the accuracy other than I know it matches my 7 day cruise final payment:

Deposit & Final Payment

Cruise Length Deposit Amount Final Payment Due Date

3 nights ------- $100 per person --- 60 days prior to sailing

4 nights ------- $150 per person --- 60 days prior to sailing

5 nights ------- $200 per person --- 60 days prior to sailing

6 & 7 nights --- $250 per person --- 75 days prior to sailing

8 nights ------- $300 per person --- 75 days prior to sailing

10 & 11 nights - $400 per person --- 75 days prior to sailing

Alaska --------- $350 per person --- 75 days prior to sailing

12, 14 & 16 ---- $500 per person --- 90 days prior to sailing

...there are a few exceptions

Grabbed this from another post but can't confirm the accuracy other than I know it matches my 7 day cruise final payment:

Deposit & Final Payment

Cruise Length Deposit Amount Final Payment Due Date

3 nights ------- $100 per person --- 60 days prior to sailing

4 nights ------- $150 per person --- 60 days prior to sailing

5 nights ------- $200 per person --- 60 days prior to sailing

6 & 7 nights --- $250 per person --- 75 days prior to sailing

8 nights ------- $300 per person --- 75 days prior to sailing

10 & 11 nights - $400 per person --- 75 days prior to sailing

Alaska --------- $350 per person --- 75 days prior to sailing

12, 14 & 16 ---- $500 per person --- 90 days prior to sailing

...there are a few exceptions

Thanks for posting. I like to do auto pay and have never paid any attention.

How many have this type of setup with a card.

I know there may be alert for changes in pattern or suddenly charges from a new area. Never heard about an alert for every transaction.

One of the Dr.'s I work with has this set up for his wife, everything she purchases immediately sends an alert to his cell! Crazy.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

So my planner decides to charge my card with out my permission, and my planner said he spoke to someone else and they said i said it was okay for the auto pay. I did not give permission and I told him how would he feels if someone charged you for something and you didnt give permission thats called theft.CC is crazy now.

Its all a misunderstanding.Not theft.

So what have we established? Carnival never keeps credit card numbers except for when they keep credit card numbers. Carnival never allows extensions on final payment except for when they allow extensions. It's never a big deal when someone charges your credit card without your permission. And finally, if Waldocruiser has never heard of it, it can't be true except for when it is true. Bizarro World here on the Carnival boards. :rolleyes:

So what have we established? Carnival never keeps credit card numbers except for when they keep credit card numbers. Carnival never allows extensions on final payment except for when they allow extensions. It's never a big deal when someone charges your credit card without your permission. And finally, if Waldocruiser has never heard of it, it can't be true except for when it is true. Bizarro World here on the Carnival boards. :rolleyes:

This exactly. Apparently nothing is set in stone with the PVP's, isn't that why everyone's says call back til you get one who knows what they're doing when you don't get what you want.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Funny!!!! I have caught myself reading some post and think "no way that happened" then I remember that anything is possible maybe not probable but possible! And the joke with our cruise friends is " call Carnival 5 times and get 6 answers" but I keep sailing because of the value I continue to get for the money. I just feel they need to work on their training at corporate.

LOL. Yep, I think we've established that, well, you just never know!

I don't personally have autopay. I don't autopay anything, ever, for anything.

Yes, you absolutely CAN get an extension of a few days. I've done it when I've mailed in a certificate (used to be able to redeem credit card points and had to mail in a voucher) and didn't get it in the mail until the day before payment was due. Twice. No problem at all with them waiting about 5 days to receive it and apply it as final payment.

I think this is just another example of why it's good to deal with ONE person who knows your preferences and who will call you when anything out of the ordinary happens.

I love my PVP and just wish I could refer him to people here. There are some good ones and some not-so-good ones.

LOL. Yep, I think we've established that, well, you just never know!

I don't personally have autopay. I don't autopay anything, ever, for anything.

Yes, you absolutely CAN get an extension of a few days. I've done it when I've mailed in a certificate (used to be able to redeem credit card points and had to mail in a voucher) and didn't get it in the mail until the day before payment was due. Twice. No problem at all with them waiting about 5 days to receive it and apply it as final payment.

I think this is just another example of why it's good to deal with ONE person who knows your preferences and who will call you when anything out of the ordinary happens.

I love my PVP and just wish I could refer him to people here. There are some good ones and some not-so-good ones.

I wish you could refer him to people here too. I'm trying to figure out if I should use AAA or find a travel agent to use. I've never booked a cruise before so I'm a little confused.

How many have this type of setup with a card.

I know there may be alert for changes in pattern or suddenly charges from a new area. Never heard about an alert for every transaction.

I had it with Chase Bank for a credit card. You can set the preferences you want.

Say you set it for every transaction over $100, then every time we used the credit card the would call and tell you that your card was used, and how much the amount was.

Bill

Ummm no you actually you have an extra week to pay even if its due on a certain day. I already spoke to him and he told me I have until next week , and my thing is if we spoke about it then why charge me.

Carnival does not extend final payment dates.

There is (or was) an unofficial 5 business day grace period past the due date, but I would not rely on this.

Carnival's computer booking system can auto-cancel bookings that aren't paid in full by the due date.

If your booking auto-cancels, you lose your deposit and may have to pay a higher cruise fare to recover the lost deposit and reinstate the booking.

Don't forget that PVPs are salespersons. If your booking cancels and does not get reinstated, they lose their commission.

Archived