CC charging my card without my permission.

ladycooki3

Your final is due 60 days ahead. Not Friday. Your PP probably did you a favor so that your cruise didn't get cancelled.

Ummm no you actually you have an extra week to pay even if its due on a certain day. I already spoke to him and he told me I have until next week , and my thing is if we spoke about it then why charge me.

Sent from my PC36100 using Forums mobile app

They always ask me for cc #, they don't keep your # on file, even the card you made down payment with. Are u talking about Carnival PVP or TA?

Pvp and I haven't used that card since lady cruise, I gave that card to my son for school. But I used a different card for down payment.

I havent use this card since last cruise, if anything they should of used the card I have on file now

How did you find out there was a charge done so fast? And when? Sounds like close timing with the 60 day thing.

I've never been given an extended payment date or even knew it was an option...is this through a PVP or a TA??

You can call Carnival and they will put a note on your account that you will pay in a few days. Its been done before and if nothing goes wrong they usually dont cancel bookings for a little while anyway. But I would always call if you will be late with a payment.

Im sure a TA could call and do the same note. Many TAs do final payment earlier than Carnival's date so they have time to transmit it to Carnival they say. So if a TA gave you a date, you might already have some built in leeway.

You can call Carnival and they will put a note on your account that you will pay in a few days. Its been done before and if nothing goes wrong they usually dont cancel bookings for a little while anyway. But I would always call if you will be late with a payment.

Im sure a TA could call and do the same note. Many TAs do final payment earlier than Carnival's date so they have time to transmit it to Carnival they say. So if a TA gave you a date, you might already have some built in leeway.

Thanks, that's good to know in the event of ever needing a few extra days! :)

Perhaps the card they used wasn't the card she was going to use for final payment. Maybe that money was reserved for something else!! Hence why it would be a big hassle... and everyone knows that companies like to take 30 days to reverse a charge! If she needed that card for something else she is in trouble now... perhaps that card had lots more room and now it doesn't!

Just saying, that people shouldn't say it's no big deal if they don't know a persons situation.

It was something you were going to have to pay in a couple of days anyway. What difference does it make? At least it's all paid and now you can just get ready to go and have fun.

True.

After reading this thread, it's running in circles with the OP and sketchy answers.

It's a problem between herself and Carnival, not here. They have the answers to which card was charged and why.

I still wonder how she found out a different card was used, and how she found out so quick.

It sounds like you asked for a final payment extension from the PVP, he granted it, then someone charged a card on file anyway to "save" the booking.

What you need to do is call Carnival, talk to a supervisor, BE VERY CLEAR, and ask the charge to be reversed, then make the payment on the right card on Friday.

You need to be very clear, because your description here is vague and took everyone a while to figure out. Say the following:

"My PVP granted me a final payment extension until Friday; however, he used my card to make an unauthorized final payment today. Please reverse the charge, as I did not authorize it. I will pay on Friday, as noted by my PVP."

Just make absolutely sure that they have your due date extension noted in your file and that reversing the charge will not cancel the cruise inadvertently.

So my planner decides to charge my card with out my permission, and my planner said he spoke to someone else and they said i said it was okay for the auto pay. I did not give permission and I told him how would he feels if someone charged you for something and you didnt give permission thats called theft.CC is crazy now.

How long ago did you book. And could it just be possible that at that time. The PVP asked do you want us to charge your C.C. For the final payment and you said yes. Wouldn't be the first time someone agreed to something on the phone then few months later said I don't remember doing that.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

First of all, it's not fraud or theft. The PVP used your credit card to pay for something you purchased, a cruise. Final payment was due and your PVP used your card to make your final payment so that you could go on the cruise you purchased.

Yes, I know, he didn't ask for your authorization to do this. And that has to be annoying.

But how are you aggrieved? Were you planning to use a different method of payment? Were you planning to cancel the cruise and cannot do so without penalty because final payment has been made?

Did you try to use the card for simething else and have it declined because final payment maxed out your credit limit?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

How did you find out there was a charge done so fast? And when? Sounds like close timing with the 60 day thing.

Transaction alerts. With identity theft so rampant I have it set up on all my credit cards. I am notified almost immediately by email everytime my card is used.

First of all, it's not fraud or theft. The PVP used your credit card to pay for something you purchased, a cruise. Final payment was due and your PVP used your card to make your final payment so that you could go on the cruise you purchased.

Yes, I know, he didn't ask for your authorization to do this. And that has to be annoying.

But how are you aggrieved? Were you planning to use a different method of payment? Were you planning to cancel the cruise and cannot do so without penalty because final payment has been made?

Did you try to use the card for simething else and have it declined because final payment maxed out your credit limit?

I'm guessing you didn't read the whole thread. All those questions have been answered above.:)

Bill

Every time I have called my PVP to add something to my reservation, such as prepaid grats, I have needed to give a card number each time I call as she tells me they do not keep your CC number on file. It has been that way on every cruise I have booked. So, if that is indeed the case, how did they charge to this card without getting the number from you at the time the charge was added? :confused:

Seems kinda strange that the PVP even had the credit card number. We have used the same PVP for several years now. We currently have 4 cruises booked and with each cruise I always have to provide our credit card number. I am then asked if we want to have our final payment charged automatically. If I say no I have to call my PVP back with the number again when final payment is due. If I say yes then it gets billed automatically.

Sorry for the OP if it caused you problems but not sure how your PVP was able to do it without calling you back for the number.

So your PVP listened to his co-worker instead of calling you to verify information.....:mad::mad:

I know for a fact they give you a 5 day grace period to pay for final payment. Maybe every PVP don't do this but mines do.......:D

Transaction alerts. With identity theft so rampant I have it set up on all my credit cards. I am notified almost immediately by email everytime my card is used.

How many have this type of setup with a card.

I know there may be alert for changes in pattern or suddenly charges from a new area. Never heard about an alert for every transaction.

My planner charged me for final payment. He said he spoke to another planner and they said I gave permission to auto pay and I told him no I didn't give permission. And he as my planner should of called me. And ok also spoke to him last thursday telling him I was going to pay on friday so if we already had this convo why would my planner do this.

besides being upset that it happened, which sounds like a missunderstanding,

What is the problem, your cruise is paid for and you are ready to sail, correct?

Or did this over draw an account, or over the limit on a credit card?

Be careful with this fast one carnival tries to pull on you!! When I originally booked our cruise the PVP made it seem as though if my final payment was not made on time the card I used to put deposit down would automatically be charged the remaining balance. The way she stated it gave me the impression it was mandatory. When my final payment date rolled around, I called carnival to inform them I couldn't make the date and could I get an extension by two days. The person I talked to said it wouldn't be a problem she just had to check, and make sure I didn't have auto pay set up, and what do you know the original PVP signed me up for it!!

Do they still to that? When I booked my 9/1 cruise, since we were within final payment, the full amount was due.

He only ran through the deposit and had to call me right back to get my card info again because it is NOT stored in the system. He's told me that several times.

Seems like I used to have it auto-charged for final payment but for the past several years, I've either gone online to make payment, called him to give him the card info, and even had him call me once on final payment day because I'd forgotten and he was concerned.

They do still do the Auto final payment, and the last time we booked the way they say it is odd,

instead of "do you want to set it for the auto payment"

they say, "I set it for auto payment so the final payment wont be missed, is that ok, or just Ok"

Most seam to just say Ok, we did, I would bet the OP missed the clarification from all that is being told to them when booking, and it happened.

I believe when the mark the computer of the auto payment, they system knows the number but not the pvp, when I have called to make payment in the past, I always had to give the pvp the number, even though it was marked for the final payment.

How many have this type of setup with a card.

I know there may be alert for changes in pattern or suddenly charges from a new area. Never heard about an alert for every transaction.

Yes, it's possible.

For both my debit card and credit card I can set an alert up for every transaction you can imagine, including every one not at the point of sale, such as this one (electronic, by phone, online). Also for transactions over whatever $ amount cardholder determines, which also pertains to this scenario.

There are seriously 20 or 30 different alerts I can establish as the cardholder, many of which I have in place.

Lol!! Sounds like you're even more upset than the OP!! How about she didn't sign up for auto pay so they shouldn't have charged her account!! How do you know it wasn't a debit card, and the money in the account wasn't bill money, or grocery money perhaps?? What if this purchase sent her credit card over limit???

Archived