Oceania with Kids

orgutierrez

I would certainly give a child the benefit of the doubt on 99% of cruise lines but not on luxury or ultra premium cruise lines. I would pay the penalty for cancellation since your cruise is free otherwise and take a cruise on a ship that will welcome your child. Have you considered the effect that dirty looks would have on your little one?

Having posted the harsh reality, I have a P.S. IF the cruise is during the break for Christmas and New Year's, children will be welcome on all cruise lines. The only time that I am aware of when children are not welcome with open arms by passengers (not the crew who miss their own children and love to see any child) is when school is in session.

I think the poster is on the Riviera on December 2nd, so it will not be a holiday sailing.

Debscus,

You say you don't want a screaming child at dinner either. Does that mean you will not be bringing your child to any of the restaurants? Eating all your meals in your cabin? And if your child starts screaming or crying loudly in your cabin how do you remove him from the situation so that he does not bother your neighbors? Theories on how one will be able to control a child on a ship are all well and good but many times reality is different?

Travelcat, I think I have to disagree somewhat ...

We are not child-friendly people ourselves! But the poster sounds like she knows exactly what her 2 year old can handle, and will deal with it appropriately.

And not EVERYONE on O will glare at children. (This comes from someone who just might!) But I doubt that a 2 year old will notice glares anyway.

As long as O permits children, they are going to be on board. And last I checked, 2 year olds aren't in school so you could encounter them ANY time.

I admit, when we started with Renaissance the age limit was 19 and we were happy with that. But even Renaissance was going to lower that limit -- they just went belly-up before they could. Oceania continued with the new limits (which included the moderated smoking policy that still exists).

As someone who is irritated by noisy, difficult children (of any age) ... I do prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe we've been lucky but on our O cruises we really haven't run into those obstreperous children that people object to.

Mura

Mura - I couldn't agree more.

Brenda

Archived