Miami Port to FLL?

Turtles06

I'd appreciate recommendations for transfers from the port of Miami on a Thursday morning in November to FLL airport (ship is scheduled to arrive from Nassau at 6 AM; our flight out of FLL is at 2:15 PM).

Some folks on our Roll Call have booked with JiffyJeff, but a lot of their reviews on Trip Advisor seem to be "one-hit wonders." I've also seen SAS mentioned on here.

Would love advice from the experts on here, particularly from folks who have used the service being recommended. Obviously, I'm looking for something reliable. I assume it's crazy to take a cab (or a cruise line transfer). (I'd also like to avoid being driven all over Miami with a shared service; any way to know if the van will fill up at the port?)

Thanks!

I've used SAS twice and been satisfied with them. You'll be in the van and on the way by 8:30 or 9 more than likely, and at the airport an hour later, but can't check bags in until at least 10am. Please make sure you have a good book or two for the wait at FLL.

There is no way to know if the van will fill up, but you can assume that it will not make too many stops. They usually go only to FLL area hotels and the FLL airport, not Miami hotels from the port of Miami. In one trip with SAS there were only about 8 people in the van, while in the other, each and every seat was filled and they van pulled a trailer for the luggage. I'm sure it depends on how many people reserve with them and for what time.

I would not bother to self-disembark, but would wait to be a later group off the ship. You'll still be off by 8:30 or 9. If they say 6am, they will probably start letting people off about 7 or so.

QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ), MJS transportation (www.gomjstrans.com ) and Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) are FLL based shuttle services with reasonable prices that are regularly suggested by happy customers on these boards. Filling up vans at POM for the trip to FLL is usually a quick process.

Taxi on the same route will cost you about $80-85+ :eek:

Good luck! :)

I second SAS (www.ridesas.com). I have used them twice, and will be using them again at the end of the month for transportation from FLL to POM and back. They are very professional, on time, and responsive to most needs/requests.

My flight at FLL airport is at 11:45 am. Does SAS pick up early enough to get me there in time to check in for my flight. A bit nervous that I am cutting it close.

My flight at FLL airport is at 11:45 am. Does SAS pick up early enough to get me there in time to check in for my flight. A bit nervous that I am cutting it close.

You should be fine - for an 11:45 flight you need to be at FLL for check in by 10:15 (and earlier is better), which means in a vehicle leaving POM by 9:30 or so. Carry your own bags off and you should be able to be rolling from POM by 9:00 or earlier. Good luck! :)

• 2 months later...

Thanks to all of you for the SAS reviews on here. I'm going to give them a try

post-cruise in March. CCL's transfer to FLL from POM is 30$ each and SAS's is 15$ each.

Pre-cruise....I read somewhere that the 1st pickup isn't until 11:30 and I hope to be on or almost on the ship by then, so I'm going to try my hotel's transfer to the ship and see if I can get there earlier. We shall see. I think from now on, I'll pick a ship out of Fort Lauderdale over Miami to makes things easier.

Archived