Booking another NCL cruise while onboard???

extremez

My wife and I will be sailing in a couple weeks to Bermuda. We know right off the bat we'll be signing up for our next sailing while at the party unless the deal is not the usual.

My question is if we could strike a better deal on scheduling our next sailing while onboard or if we wait till we're back home before we set the date?

We're looking at a Caribbean sailing for $700 or so pp. Just my wife and I!!!! finally the 2 of us and only the 2 of us since our honeymoon since sailing back in '08!!! no kids, no MIL's etc.... <---the excitement

Can you get the better deal onboard, with a TA or just by ourselves????

My wife and I will be sailing in a couple weeks to Bermuda. We know right off the bat we'll be signing up for our next sailing while at the party unless the deal is not the usual.

My question is if we could strike a better deal on scheduling our next sailing while onboard or if we wait till we're back home before we set the date?

We're looking at a Caribbean sailing for $700 or so pp. Just my wife and I!!!! finally the 2 of us and only the 2 of us since our honeymoon since sailing back in '08!!! no kids, no MIL's etc.... <---the excitement

Can you get the better deal onboard, with a TA or just by ourselves????

You cannot book another cruise on board unless you use the Internet to do so. You should purchase a future cruise reward certificate. You'll get $100 in OBC in exchange for the $250 cost of the certificate.

Really? So my only incentive for my next cruise is to show up and drink a couple drinks and sign a piece of paper?

Is it a legal thing? How do you get the good deal??

Obviously by my sig I'm pretty loyal to NCL. Have no plans of trying anything else.

Throw me a spa pack on my next date or something.

Really? So my only incentive for my next cruise is to show up and drink a couple drinks and sign a piece of paper?

Your incentives are:

A) Get $250 for the next cruise by paying $150 now, and

B) Not having to pay anything extra for the deposit (except for the few most expensive suite categories) for the next cruise as the normal deposit for the whole cabin minus that $250 carries over to final payment.

That's pretty tempting to many, we currently have three FCRs (current name is Freestyle Cruise Reward, it was previously called Freestyle or Future Cruise Credit) on my account witing for our next cruises.

And you don't have to go to the party to sign up. You can just get the form at the desk and place it in the box. Your confirmation will be sent to your cabin before the end of the cruise.

Oh believe my we take advantage of those free drinks!! We go for the raffles and entertainment to.

Your incentives are:

A) Get $250 for the next cruise by paying $150 now, and

B) Not having to pay anything extra for the deposit (except for the few most expensive suite categories) for the next cruise as the normal deposit for the whole cabin minus that $250 carries over to final payment.

That's pretty tempting to many, we currently have three FCRs (current name is Freestyle Cruise Reward, it was previously called Freestyle or Future Cruise Credit) on my account waiting for our next cruises.

Don't understand A unless things have changed. Last time we cruised it was pay $250 and get $100 OBC. The $250 covered deposit towards the next sailing.

I was just hoping there were ways of getting more perks or add-ons while on board. Can a TA really do any better than booking by ourselves though?

Oh believe my we take advantage of those free drinks!! We go for the raffles and entertainment to.

Don't understand A unless things have changed. Last time we cruised it was pay $250 and get $100 OBC. The $250 covered deposit towards the next sailing.

I was just hoping there were ways of getting more perks or add-ons while on board. Can a TA really do any better than booking by ourselves though?

That's what the poster was trying to say...the $150 figure they cited was the net of the $250 cost of the Freestyle Cruise Reward less the immediate $100 on board credit.

Many TAs offer OBCs (and in some cases price reductions) in addition to any offered by NCL, so yes, you can do better through a TA than you can booking directly.

That's what the poster was trying to say...the $150 figure they cited was the net of the $250 cost of the Freestyle Cruise Reward less the immediate $100 on board credit.

Gotcha. Didn't think of it that way.

The FCC is an awesome deal. You've got four years to wheel and deal your future cruise. :cool:

I was just on the Breakaway July 21. Came home and wanted to try the Haven so we booked a two bedroom suite in the Haven on Getaway for August 9. Just booked it yesterday.

Is there a time limit once you get home for purchasing the FCC.

Thanks.

I was just on the Breakaway July 21. Came home and wanted to try the Haven so we booked a two bedroom suite in the Haven on Getaway for August 9. Just booked it yesterday.

You can only buy FCR onboard during your cruise.

For a brief moment NCL had another option too where you could buy similar thing (with OBC for the future cruise but less than getting to use on current cruise when buying it onboard) when you got home but can't remember seeing anything mentioned about it in a while,

• 2 months later...

Thanks.

A little late for js but I think they still have it up until 45 days of return.

Is this correct , an FCC is $250 and you use that to book a cruise for a future date?

If you book a cabin for 3 people is an additional deposit due?

The $100 OBC is that for the cruise you are on when buying the FCC or the cruise the FCC is applied to?

Is this correct , an FCC is $250 and you use that to book a cruise for a future date?

If you book a cabin for 3 people is an additional deposit due?

The $100 OBC is that for the cruise you are on when buying the FCC or the cruise the FCC is applied to?

Best to think of it as FCR costing just $150, because that is the net cost from the onboard account (FCR costs $250 and the $100 OBC immediately reduces the impact from that to $150). So the answer to the third question is: OBC is for the cruise you purchase the FCR on.

FCR is good for the deposit of one whole cabin (just not highest categories of suites) so it doesn't matter if there are one or three persons in said cabin.

I usually book my entire cruise on my credit card since it offers me trip cancellation and interruption insurance.

As with any credit card to take advantage you need to charge the whole cruise to the same credit card

Does anyone know if using an FCC as the deposit would cause a problem as part of the cruise is now paid or "outside the credit card"

I'm sure Epic and Breakaway had a future cruise consultant onboard purely to facilitate a future booking?

The person is the Cruise Consultant and while it's their job to give presentations about other itineraries etc, promote and handle everything related to FCRs and handle any Latitudes questions or problems onboard, they do not actually book new cruises onboard. Also there is one on every ship, not just Epic and Breakaway.

FCR is good for the deposit of one whole cabin (just not highest categories of suites) so it doesn't matter if there are one or three persons in said cabin.

I was able to use it for my Haven S6 Category as a Full Cruise Deposit with No problem.

Archived