Copenhagen - Pier to airport

deeppurple

Norwegian Star is scheduled to dock at 7 am at pier 254 in Freeport, Copenhagen.

Question 1 - how early can I disembark and through immigration/custom if I carry my own luggage ?

Question 2 - Should I take a cruise shuttle or taxi to the airport ? Which one is faster ?

Question 3 - Do I have enough time to make a 12 noon flight to Amsterdam ?

Thanks.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

1) If you carry your own luggage you should be able to get off easily by 8 (probably before)

2) A taxi would be faster because usually the cruise line waits for the shuttle bus to fill up before leaving. According to this site, it takes 45 minutes to an hour to get to the airport.

3) Unless there is some kind of an emergency at the Copenhagen airport, there should be no problem making a noon flight.

Enjoy your cruise!

We were on Royal Caribbean, walked off with the luggage, into a taxi (first group, so there was no line) - so on the way many other taxi cabs driving up to the ship to pick up others.

Our plane was 12.30 - we are slow people, but plenty time to spare. The gate was closed, don't worry, they will open before the flight. There is a 2nd security check, this time bottled water was fine, but another x-ray, I got swapped for explosives :) They took every other passenger aside for a thorough check-up. All was efficient and very polite.

Just try to get into the first group, don't tell them the real flight time.

We were on Royal Caribbean, walked off with the luggage, into a taxi (first group, so there was no line) - so on the way many other taxi cabs driving up to the ship to pick up others.

Our plane was 12.30 - we are slow people, but plenty time to spare. The gate was closed, don't worry, they will open before the flight. There is a 2nd security check, this time bottled water was fine, but another x-ray, I got swapped for explosives :) They took every other passenger aside for a thorough check-up. All was efficient and very polite.

What time did your Royal Caribbean dock and how long did it take you to get off the ship after it docked ?

BTW, which port did your Royal Caribbean disembark ?

Freeport - and I don't remember for sure if it was 7 or 8 when we got off the ship.

Found my report posted on another travel website:

We used express departure from the ship shortly after 7 am. The taxi ride from Freeport took us 25-30’ and the meter showed 289 DKK. Maybe we beat the traffic, as on the Internet everybody says their ride was longer and more expensive, or maybe just an honest cabbie.

Archived