Just booked our first cruise on NCL Dawn!

glm7777

I'm so excited! I just booked the Boston to Bermuda cruise on the Dawn for my DD(23) and myself. We booked a balcony room on deck 10 close to the stairs leading up to the spa on deck 11 - we plan to purchase the spa pass to enjoy the quiet. I have tons of questions though!

1. Which beverages are included in the cruise package? I'm talking about non-alcoholic drinks.

2. Can I bring my own soda on board? (we're driving so it would be easy)

3. Are there any formal nights?

4. How much does Bingo cost to play?

5. How much is the spa pass?

6. We don't plan on booking many excursions but would like to enjoy some of what Bermuda has to offer. Where is the best place for shopping? If we choose not to book excursions through the ship - where can we go to find a scenic boat ride?

I think that's it for now - I'm sure I'll have more tomorrow!!

The Dawn is a great ship. Bermuda probably my favorite port.

1. What drinks are included in the standard cruise fare?

Water, tea, iced tea,coffee, lemonade, juice in the AM and I think hot cocoa packages to add to hot water.

2. Can you bring soda on board?

I think you may, not 100% sure.

3. Formal nights?

No formal formal nights, but they do have at least one informal formal night. Not many dress up, but its nice to see the ones that do. No one cares either way. No pressure.

4. Bingo prices?

They very from I think $5 or $10 a card to around $40 or so for the big'un.

5. Spa pass price?

Around $120 per person for the week. We always spring for it and have never been dissapointed. Get it on first day early, they are limited.

6. Excursions? Shopping?

You can do all that off the ship. Great shopping in Hamilton. You can purchase a 3 day tranit pass just off the pier. It is great. Includes busses and the water taxis (ferrys) to Hamilton and St. George. Many excursions availiable at the end of the pier.

Hope you have a great time.

Jon

yes, you can bring your own soda. Don't pack it in your checked luggage. Carry it on, or you can put a luggage tag on a case and give it to the porter with your checked bags. Some people bring a wheeled cooler, pack the soda in that and then use the cooler in their cabin to have cold soda.

I'm so excited! I just booked the Boston to Bermuda cruise on the Dawn for my DD(23) and myself. We booked a balcony room on deck 10 close to the stairs leading up to the spa on deck 11 - we plan to purchase the spa pass to enjoy the quiet. I have tons of questions though!

1. Which beverages are included in the cruise package? I'm talking about non-alcoholic drinks.

6. We don't plan on booking many excursions but would like to enjoy some of what Bermuda has to offer. Where is the best place for shopping? If we choose not to book excursions through the ship - where can we go to find a scenic boat ride?

You can bring unlimited soda or water onboard. Anything non alcoholic. NCL serves Pepsi products. Wine carried on has a $15 corkage fee and you can drink it anywhere on board.

There is a dress up or not night or Norwegian's Night Out. You probably won't see any tuxes or long gowns, few suits. Mostly cocktail or nice dresses, khaki type pants and nice shirts for men. Dress as you like on any night.

There are a lot of nice shops at King's Wharf where the boat is docked. Lots to do there. You can buy a 2 or 3 day pass good for either the buses or ferries. The ferry to St George is pretty scenic. We looked around the town and then walked to a nice snorkeling beach there. Took the bus into Hamilton and did some shopping there. There is an express bus directly to Horseshoe Bay. There is so much to do and see independently, but we did take a cat excursion through the inner harbor to see many of the gorgeous homes. It left from the dockyard and we booked it through the ship.

Lots of info available on the Bermuda ports board and you can ask questions there.

When are you going? I'm on 8/30/13 with my 24 y.o. daughter:)

At least I think so...and she has many fans. Many in NY were extremely upset when she was moved to Boston.

The 3 day transit pass is a terrific idea...we took a public bus to Horseshoe Beach....the bus lets you off at the top of the hill and you walk down. When you want to return you can either walk up the hill or, as we did, pay the gentlemen with the beat up van, 1 dollar and he will drive you up to the top!

The ferry rides are wonderful - going to St. George is very picturesque...in fact all of Bermuda is that way. Try for dinner at Le Bistro...very nice restaurant and the cover charge of $20 is well worth it.

And if you really want to be adventurous...try a jet ski at the pier. I went with my (much) younger family members and had a wonderful time. And I went at my speed (much much slower) than the rest...and still enjoyed every minute of it.

Welcome to NCL...taking the Dawn first time out was the perfect choice. Enjoy your cruise!

1. Which beverages are included in the cruise package? I'm talking about non-alcoholic drinks. -- Soda lemonade and iced tea. Soda is Pepsi products (Diet and regular Sierra Mist, Orange and Gingerale)

2. Can I bring my own soda on board? (we're driving so it would be easy) - Absolutely!

3. Are there any formal nights? _Not mandatory ones. There are 2 formal nights, some chjoose to dress to the 9s, others wear their resort casual.

4. How much does Bingo cost to play? - $40 for 3 games

5. How much is the spa pass? - Sorry, don't know. Didn't get it

6. We don't plan on booking many excursions but would like to enjoy some of what Bermuda has to offer. Where is the best place for shopping? If we choose not to book excursions through the ship - where can we go to find a scenic boat ride? - Most people say Hamilton. Its a big business district you can get to by ferry right at the pier. I prefer St George, quiet, quaint, mostly mom amd pop shops. You can also get to St George by ferry right at the pier. As for scenic boat rides, everything is available right at the pier. I went on a Famous Homes boat tour. 2 hours, kind of neat. There are other ones too. Most cost approx. $60pp, but you can bargain if the boat doesn't look full!

1. Which beverages are included in the cruise package? I'm talking about non-alcoholic drinks. -- Soda lemonade and iced tea. Soda is Pepsi products (Diet and regular Sierra Mist, Orange and Gingerale)

Just to clarify, soda is not included in the cruise fare. You can get a soda card that allows you unlimited fountain soda on the ship. It is worth it if you drink at least 3 sodas a day. The better bet is to bring your own so you can have Coke products :D

Some great answers above. You would be well served to scroll down through posts here as these questions and many you did not know you had will be discussed.

Just did this cruise. It was great. Added two days in Boston. Just as great.

We were on the dawn in July and they had mango and strawberry/kiwi water available in the buffet 24/7. So good!

I was on the 11 night repo that brought the Dawn to Boston from Tampa in April. I had a great time. I discovered that water on the second or third day and had some every day the rest of the trip. SO GOOD!!

Dress up or not night is a great time to put on something nice. The photographers will be out that night in full force. Also pictures with the captain that night. Have fun!

Thank ou so much for all the info. I'm getting more excited by the minute! If I don't stop reading these message boards and get some work done, I'll have to cancel since I'll be out of a job!

It is easy to get addicted ...I have the app on my phone and am prowling on it all the time! And my cruise isn't until December ....

sent from my Samsung galaxy s3

I was on the 11 night repo that brought the Dawn to Boston from Tampa in April. I had a great time. I discovered that water on the second or third day and had some every day the rest of the trip. SO GOOD!!

Dress up or not night is a great time to put on something nice. The photographers will be out that night in full force. Also pictures with the captain that night. Have fun!

Lucky you! I want to do that cruise sometime, unfortunately the dates never work for me.

My biggest compliant (and I think my only one, but I would only complain on these boards, not real life to the staff) was the photographers at dinner time. Because you can only walk the length of the ship on the starboard side on deck 7, I was really amazed that the photographers set up in the middle of the path. Trying to get to dinner and stopping for people getting there picture taken was a teeny, tiny, bitsy bit annoying!

All your questions seem to be answered so I will just add be careful of Bingo.

The price vs rewards have gone a bit over the top, fun when it was $25.00 for a full

pack but $40.00 takes the fun out of it.

Archived