Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

ps the food is stored in the fridge and will not go any where near the underneath of my bunk.

:)

On return from saving the world, I arrive back at base camp to find the Beatles are no longer Top of the Pops. In fact they seem to have fallen out of the charts.

Are they perchance lurking under your bunk with that Jerkey Turkey?

Bleedin' liberty Rodders. And here's me thinking they were so popular across the Pond.

As they used to say when I was a lad growing up in Yorkshire in the 50's, " There's nowt so queer as folk".

It makes not sense to try to rationalise the irrational my dear! We have some new threads that are clearly totally off topic ie bored husbands that remain totally un-water-coolered - and the Beatles consigned to the bin. Descrimination init?! ;)

Last night's kebabs with some chips ! (Tapawallered ... so double click of me kebabs for a slightly bigger pic .... can't make no sense of this tappawallah .......:( )

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378021669.440507.jpg.793a7f1b0233de536c86f4e239975075.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378021685.063628.jpg.a3eb6821df6a94b52f5e6498da587bf3.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

It makes not sense to try to rationalise the irrational my dear! We have some new threads that are clearly totally off topic ie bored husbands that remain totally un-water-coolered - and the Beatles consigned to the bin. Descrimination init?! ;)

Last night's kebabs with some chips ! (Tapawallered ... so double click of me kebabs for a slightly bigger pic .... can't make no sense of this tappawallah .......:( )

[ATTACH]284833[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]284834[/ATTACH]

Clearly you are at home on the Range. Why not Hopalong to the Seabourn Martha T fun thread for some Ranch dressing ( down)

Ho, ho! :D

I'll be schnitzeling later this week ..... would you like a piccy or two?

Kalb Oder Scheinefleische?

Piccy yes please. But only is its Soooooo large that it hangs over the taffelplatte.

Because like David Walliams, I'm a Laydee don't you know and size matters.

Kalb Oder Scheinefleische?

Piccy yes please. But only is its Soooooo large that it hangs over the taffelplatte.

Because like David Walliams, I'm a Laydee don't you know and size matters.

Von Kalb!

These ones are smaller but lovely .... and our ritual is to dump the luggage and then straight on the tram to the Swisshouse on the first day for a Stelze and Budvar.

Only a short trip - just for an injection of Viennese sun and a walk round the Ringstrasse, now they've stopped the 1 and 2 going all the way round ... and a few early morning walks in Schonbrunn. And a Martin Sepp lunch. Then back. Done and dusted in around 3 nights.

Von Kalb!

These ones are smaller but lovely .... and our ritual is to dump the luggage and then straight on the tram to the Swisshouse on the first day for a Stelze and Budvar.

Only a short trip - just for an injection of Viennese sun and a walk round the Ringstrasse, now they've stopped the 1 and 2 going all the way round ... and a few early morning walks in Schonbrunn. And a Martin Sepp lunch. Then back. Done and dusted in around 3 nights.

Wot no Sachertorte mit schlagobers?:eek:

Wot no Sachertorte mit schlagobers?:eek:

Definately not .... pretty dry and over-rated. Far much better torte to torture yourself with.

'er indoors is muttering darkly about missing 'er oysters and Lionel Lobbies ... I'm hoping to avoid a trip to the Carlton and all those bleedin' frogs. It's a long way to go for a plate of seafood.

:(

'er indoors is muttering darkly about missing 'er oysters and Lionel Lobbies ... I'm hoping to avoid a trip to the Carlton and all those bleedin' frogs. It's a long way to go for a plate of seafood.

It's ok Jeff, they've all gone back to work now :D Just ask Nigella next time she's posting ;)

Yes they she who must be obeyedes Cannes be very shellfish.

It's a long way to go for a bout of the Del Boy and Rodney's

Why not get yerselves on a cruise. No having to hang onto your jewels and you cannes get stuck in to those Nigerian Prawns

Edited by MARIANH

Yes they she who must be obeyed Cannes be very shellfish.

It's a long way to go for a bout of the Del Boy and Rodney's

Why not get yerselves on a cruise and get stuck in to those Nigerian Prawns

We'll I took her for some of last year's Festival and for a party on Palme D'Or night ... so she thinks it's always going to be that way. Considering who else was there .. we were upgrade to a €6,000 per night suite ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378120596.781291.jpg.230d0e514579cc0bc193e92b789c7cfd.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378120610.788269.jpg.ad11b32e3e9ab83a570caa2cba32e6ec.jpg

... she chomped her way through seafood and fish ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378120657.587526.jpg.a08699c4f7ffcd945d2b400842b8e490.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378120668.471338.jpg.1292625e4409c8b93a0528b181e3b6d5.jpg

... and we even had champers and crisps on the balcony ... ( I know how to treat a gal ...)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378120729.285708.jpg.2b71f855ead79e11e1e12204cbc2da30.jpg

. and eve went to a losers party ....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378120762.552558.jpg.ed50b6bc64e4195d5e91d361e5e72be1.jpg

I think she might be hoping for something similar .....

We'll I took her for some of last year's Festival and for a party on Palme D'Or night ... so she thinks it's always going to be that way. Considering who else was there .. we were upgrade to a €6,000 per night suite ...

Well that's rich.

Carry yer bags Sir?

Well that's rich.

Carry yer bags Sir?

It's real fun during the Festival. I'd organised a limo from the airport for 'er indoors and the Carlton is pretty much the center of attention during the Fatival so when we arrived obviously being completely unrecognisable made us an object of enquiring looks. We were made a real fuss of at the limo and in reception which seemed to put people's noses out a bit. Every time she went on the balcony people pointed ...

It was a great party. No one expected to win so it was a real hoot and a studio picked up the tab for the party ... lot's of well known people there ... great fun.

Hope we get a decent upgrade next visit if I end up being told to organise it.

It's real fun during the Festival. I'd organised a limo from the airport for 'er indoors and the Carlton is pretty much the center of attention during the Fatival so when we arrived obviously being completely unrecognisable made us an object of enquiring looks. We were made a real fuss of at the limo and in reception which seemed to put people's noses out a bit. Every time she went on the balcony people pointed ...

It was a great party. No one expected to win so it was a real hoot and a studio picked up the tab for the party ... lot's of well known people there ... great fun.

Hope we get a decent upgrade next visit if I end up being told to organise it.

JFI, my fee for Bag Carrying Services is one case of LPGS per case. Not that non vintage propane stuff-it's served too cold. And it tastes horrid, just like rocket fuel.:rolleyes:

JFI, my fee for Bag Carrying Services is one case of LPGS per case. Not that non vintage propane stuff-it's served too cold. And it tastes horrid, just like rocket fuel.:rolleyes:

We'll take you with!

Well today it's plain Pecheur and lamb kebabs and leaves ... very bleedin' careful!

We'll take you with!

Well today it's plain Pecheur and lamb kebabs and leaves ... very bleedin' careful!

Hmm, Pecheur and lamb - a fishy combination.

I'm having crapaud dans le trou in the hope it will make me feel batter.

Would have preferred cuisse de grenouillle but they have run out in Weyrose.:)

Hmm, Pecheur and lamb - a fishy combination.

I'm having crapaud dans le trou in the hope it will make me feel batter.

Would have preferred cuisse de grenouillle but they have run out in Weyrose.:)

You need to Ocado a bit.

I wanted to make her a very mushy apple pie today. Decided on their frozen bramleys which are wonderful. They ran out. Delivered seasonal fruits instead. Rejected.

We had a great lunch outside today, but I don't believe yo are having frogs!

You need to Ocado a bit.

We had a great lunch outside today, but I don't believe yo are having frogs!

Yo it's trou.

Well that's what my DW said.

Could be porkies.:)

Talking of trous, ever eaten a meal in Normandy with a Trou Normand inter course ? 'Er indoors loves Calvados but a glass before each offering not only cleanses the palate but can make it difficult to pronounce ones French worms.

Bouef a la mode as Delboy would say.

Yo it's trou.

Well that's what my DW said.

Could be porkies.:)

Talking of trous, ever eaten a meal in Normandy with a Trou Normand inter course ? 'Er indoors loves Calvados but a glass before each offering not only cleanses the palate but can make it difficult to pronounce ones French worms.

Bouef a la mode as Delboy would say.

No I haven't. The trouble with trou is that the better it is the less it freezes! I also adore Calvados. If she adores calvados, would I be right in saying she is also an armagnac rather than cognac person? Seems to be that many do. I use to make sorbets in the Gaggia, but that seems to be confined to the garage! Last thing it made was a Christmas Pudding Ice Cream. Worked well!

On a separate topic, apropos of nothing, I do wish we could persuade more of our friends here to really go native more when they visit Europe. I know that many pride themselves in doing so, but it seems that so many more miss so much colour if the immunise themselves from the everyday life. I guess one of the issues is that those still at work seem to have shorter holidays than Europe, and the air travel takes a chunk of time. I love the trams, and busses, and metros, and the local cafes etc.

What do you think?

On a side note I just wish to say Congratulations to all the UK contributors on winning the Ashes......MarianH I saw your little comment re cricket ...thanks for reminding us.....Hmmppfff:cool:

Jeff going native is definitely the way to go if possible. One of the reasons I love Singapore is the Metro and we had such fun in July hopping on and off the Vaporettos in Venice in July like the locals. We will be testing out the English public transport next August and see whether it is up to snuff!

On a side note I just wish to say Congratulations to all the UK contributors on winning the Ashes......MarianH I saw your little comment re cricket ...thanks for reminding us.....Hmmppfff:cool:

Jeff going native is definitely the way to go if possible. One of the reasons I love Singapore is the Metro and we had such fun in July hopping on and off the Vaporettos in Venice in July like the locals. We will be testing out the English public transport next August and see whether it is up to snuff!

Frantic

That is wonderful. Just remember to pay homage to the Routemaster when you come to London.

The other thing I would love to convert more Americans to is Lunch.

Lunch is the most wonderful invention ever devised. You can start and run a business over lunch. Make friends over lunch. Eat longer and better over lunch. You can spend all morning thinking about lunch and all afternoon (if any is left) recovering (dozing) after lunch. Dinner is so badly mistimed.