PVP trying to steal another's clients

shipty2

I got a phone call from a Carnival PVP telling me my regular PVP has been promoted so she would be taking over his portfolio of clients. Luckily I have his cell number and just called him to see if it were true. He tells me he is still my PVP. So heads up to anyone else getting this type of call.

I got a phone call from a Carnival PVP telling me my regular PVP has been promoted so she would be taking over his portfolio of clients. Luckily I have his cell number and just called him to see if it were true. He tells me he is still my PVP. So heads up to anyone else getting this type of call.

Hope they fire her for doing this.

Over the last couple of weeks, had 2 different PVP's call me. One said he'd been assigned to me. Told him I already had a PVP, and gave him her name.

When I talked to mine the next week, told her that someone had been trying to "poach".

That's a HUGE NO-NO at Carnival. Report the new PVP immediately. Those are grounds for termination.

Yes. In fact, say you find a new PVP and want them to be your PVP they will ask you to send them and email stating you want them. Did that last fall after I was on the Carnival Freedom and a cruiser I met recommended my current one. C.Y.A for the PVP taking the place for the one I fired. Course I find a good one and its the year I vowed not to be cruising on Carnival. Felt kind of bad when she called a couple weeks ago and three days prior I had just got off a non Carnival ship and told her my fall cruise was booked but not with Carnival. Oh well as long as she keeps in touch and keeps the communications open. :-) May do a three nighter this fall in addition to my cruise with another line and plan to cruise the Breeze in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Yes. In fact, say you find a new PVP and want them to be your PVP they will ask you to send them and email stating you want them. Did that last fall after I was on the Carnival Freedom and a cruiser I met recommended my current one. C.Y.A for the PVP taking the place for the one I fired. Course I find a good one and its the year I vowed not to be cruising on Carnival. Felt kind of bad when she called a couple weeks ago and three days prior I had just got off a non Carnival ship and told her my fall cruise was booked but not with Carnival. Oh well as long as she keeps in touch and keeps the communications open. :-) May do a three nighter this fall in addition to my cruise with another line and plan to cruise the Breeze in April.

I booked with a PVP other than my PVP last week, and I wasn't asked for anything. It was completely my discretion. I was not solicited.

I booked with a PVP other than my PVP last week, and I wasn't asked for anything. It was completely my discretion. I was not solicited.

In my case it was so this new PVP would be my PVP and my new one would be the one to solicit me. You may have booked with a different one but most likely your other PVP is still linked to you.

You will not be notified of this (its handled internally) but if you booked through a PVP in the last 12 months and then you book through a second PVP without following the steps described on a previous post, your first PVP can submit a complaint to their supervisor and your second PVP will loose credit for the booking plus they'll get reprimanded.

Once again, you won't know the difference. PVP's are not allowed to discuss this information with you.

Please explain PVP's to me. I want to book our third cruise and was thinking of using a PVP....advantages? Disadvantages? How do I get one? Help!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Pretty much a travel agent that just works for carnival.

Please explain PVP's to me. I want to book our third cruise and was thinking of using a PVP....advantages? Disadvantages? How do I get one? Help!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Gives you someone at the cruise line who ultimately knows you and would make recommendations and if a problem help to resolve them.

If you know someone who frequently cruises with Carnival ask for recommendation or ask a friend you make on a roll call.

Failing that call and ask for one.

I used a PVP for my Halloween cruise only because I'm sailing on a Friends and Family certificate and the friend I got the cert from uses a PVP so I thought it was only right.

But to my knowledge I'm not specifically linked to him so when I booked the cruise for February I just called the 800# like I always do.

PVP's aren't available 24 hours a day, but the 800# is.

Archived