Fun Points / Carnival Master Card Question

jtwanabe

If I have a 1400.00 cruise how many actual dollars on a carnival master card would I have to spend to pay for that cruise.

:confused:

JT

The more the cost of the cruise, the better deal you get with the points. Of course, if it is Carnival instead of Princess, it is even better. I got 1550.00 paid on my Carnival Cruise for 100,000 points. I think that is fantastic. Made me a happy camper, er, excuse me, cruiser.....LOL:D:D:D

If I have a 1400.00 cruise how many actual dollars on a carnival master card would I have to spend to pay for that cruise.

:confused:

JT

140,000 , You could buy a house instead , We usually use the points to buy drink credits while on cruise.

I don't have a card yet so I can't go to the site and get my answer.

Forgive me if I sound rude. I don't mean to be. But telling me you got

this many points and got this on board credit isn't really and answer.

I'm trying to see if I got a card could I make a dent with my normal annual

purchases in the price of my next cruise.

The answer I'm looking for should be closer to a mathematical one.

If I charge $15,000 a year how many fun points will I get and what impact will they have on a 1200.00 cruise?

Thanks in advance

I don't have a card yet so I can't go to the site and get my answer.

Forgive me if I sound rude. I don't mean to be. But telling me you got

this many points and got this on board credit isn't really and answer.

I'm trying to see if I got a card could I make a dent with my normal annual

purchases in the price of my next cruise.

The answer I'm looking for should be closer to a mathematical one.

If I charge $15,000 a year how many fun points will I get and what impact will they have on a 1200.00 cruise?

Thanks in advance

every $1 spent with carnival is worth 2 points. every $1 spent elsewhere is worth 1 point. however you could use it for onboard credit or to pay your tips in full.

Thanks for clarifying it for me. So If I normally charge 15,000 a year on my visa and I switched that to a Carnival card I would get the equivalent of $150.00.

If I stay with my Southwest visa I can sell the voucher value for about 300

dollars. I earn about enough points to generate two vouchers a year. I can

get $00.00 cash out of that. Maybe I should just stick with my Visa.

Thanks,

JT:o

Redemption on Carnival cruise line:

$1,000 requires 100,000 points

$1,200 requires 120,000 points

$1,400 requires 140,000 points

$1,500 requires 100,000 points

$1,600 requires 106,667 points

this is per the cards website. it also states 'The calculator is to be used as a guide for redemption planning, however redemption values are not guaranteed'.

I posted $ values beyond the ones you'd requested because I'd read the redemption rate was better.

every $1 spent with carnival is worth 2 points. every $1 spent elsewhere is worth 1 point. however you could use it for onboard credit or to pay your tips in full.

THERE ARE ACTUALLY DIFFERENT WAYS TO GET MORE POINTS FOR $ SPENT. CHECK THIS LINK FROM BARCLAY ( THE CARNIVAL MASTERCARD)

https://cruise.barclaycardrewardsboost.com/how-it-works.aspx

• 3 years later...

If any of these last few posts are correct, owners of this Carnival credit card may want to look at other travel-oriented cards (like Chase Sapphire) where point values for travel are worth as much as double what is cited above.

In fact, if you are a frequent traveler and can handle the initial shock of a somewhat misunderstood annual card charge of $450, the new Chase Sapphire Reserve VISA may be for you. Spend $4000 in the first three months and you get 100,000 points signing bonus plus a $300 credit against your credit card bill.

In essence, the card ends up costing $150 and, with some savvy point redemption research, you could use just 70k of the bonus points to snag yourself an intercontinental business class ticket worth $2000 or more. And the points are transferable to certain airlines that also offer cruise deals (e.g., United Airlines).

http://www.barrons.com/articles/the-450-credit-card-a-surprisingly-good-deal-1477927164

Certainly, the Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa (or similar cards) is not for everyone. But, it is just one example that there really are far better travel credit cards than he one that started the recent new direction of this thread.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer