What would you change first?

If you were in charge of turning things back around for Carnival in terms of starting to lose even their cheerleaders to other cruiselines what would you change first? I would add more waiters/waitresses to the dining rooms. Then i would add the Steel Drum Bands back to the Lido deck. A few more thing but i feel these are the main problems

not sure what you are asking for but income is up, profits are way up, occupancy is up, what needs turning around?

I've been happy with Carnival. Of course there are different things people like, but nothing to turn around. I, for instance, hate steel drums...too corny while on a caribbean vacation.

First thing they need to do is fix their relationship with the Travel Agents. They have TA's who are refusing to book Carnival Cruises because of the difficulties in doing so AND the way they take commissions away from them. Every time a early saver price drop occurs the TA is asked to do more work for their client and submit the discount and then when the discount is applied to the cruise fare the TA gets some commission removed. The commission should be based on the original booking amount.

Then they need to rethink the way they treat their loyal customers who do most of the word of mouthing for them.

Then they should start looking at the onboard issues

not sure what you are asking for but income is up, profits are way up, occupancy is up, what needs turning around?

Their starting to lose some regulars.....its plain to see.....sure they always fill the ships but theone im booked on dropped so low just to fill it you could get a balcony for alot lower then a interior if you booked the interior say a year ago. This thread isn't to rehash that recent post on Carnival versus other lines itsjust what would you change.....if your a regular like i am you can't be happy with the waiter service in the MDR anymore!

First thing they need to do is fix their relationship with the Travel Agents. They have TA's who are refusing to book Carnival Cruises because of the difficulties in doing so AND the way they take commissions away from them. Every time a early saver price drop occurs the TA is asked to do more work for their client and submit the discount and then when the discount is applied to the cruise fare the TA gets some commission removed. The commission should be based on the original booking amount.

Then they need to rethink the way they treat their loyal customers who do most of the word of mouthing for them.

Then they should start looking at the onboard issues

agree my travel agent said its the only cruiseline that not only doesn't supply brochures anymore but is difficult to deal with

If you were in charge of turning things back around for Carnival in terms of starting to lose even their cheerleaders to other cruiselines what would you change first? I would add more waiters/waitresses to the dining rooms. Then i would add the Steel Drum Bands back to the Lido deck. A few more thing but i feel these are the main problems

Those two things would also be my first picks as well.

Never go to the MDR, it's a waste of time!:( I can eat all day long at too many other places...

I would think they would start by bringing back some of the perks that have gone away. The steel drums would be nice, maybe that free DOD when you board. More things for adults to do on sea days.:D

Their starting to lose some regulars.....its plain to see.....sure they always fill the ships but theone im booked on dropped so low just to fill it you could get a balcony for alot lower then a interior if you booked the interior say a year ago. This thread isn't to rehash that recent post on Carnival versus other lines itsjust what would you change.....if your a regular like i am you can't be happy with the waiter service in the MDR anymore!

Haven't gone to MDR in years, it's a waste of my vacation time. You can't say, in all fairness, that they are losing regulars. Peoples vacation habits change, and making a blanket statement like that is false unless you have done extensive marketing studies. I think Carnival regulars cruising on Carnival is actually up, but that's my opinion.

Could they make changes, sure.... but that goes for every industry on the planet.

Finally, who cares about TA's? If I can get a low price guarantee from Carnival, why is a TA necessary? Never needed one, never will. I think they need to sever all ties to TA's, who are salespeople and only in it for the commissions. Greed drives salespeople to their highest commission sales instead of the customers needs or desires.

Where did you get the notion that Carnival is loosing it's regular repeat cruisers (or as you put it cheerleaders)? From cruise critic? Because if that's the case people on cruise critic don't represent the vast majority of Carnival cruisers.

Where did you get the notion that Carnival is loosing it's regular repeat cruisers (or as you put it cheerleaders)? From cruise critic? Because if that's the case people on cruise critic don't represent the vast majority of Carnival cruisers.

I was wondering that as well....

Carnival's target audience (at least for the past 10 years) has always been the new or nearly new cruiser.

And it still is.....and with record numbers last month of 90,000+ a week, it seems that while some of us may not like a change or two that has happened....

folks are still booking.

Whats the issue with the waitstaff in the MDR? I never notice them to be an issue....unless they are doing those annoying song and dance routines...

There is no comparison between service received in MDR in 2002, versus service in MDR in 2013. There are fewer waitstaff who are so busy, they have little time for personal service. Food arrives cold and sometimes never arrives at all. I still feel like I'm getting my money's worth, since the prices of cruises are less now, but I have to admit service in the MDR is lacking.

There is no comparison between service received in MDR in 2002, versus service in MDR in 2013. There are fewer waitstaff who are so busy, they have little time for personal service. Food arrives cold and sometimes never arrives at all. I still feel like I'm getting my money's worth, since the prices of cruises are less now, but I have to admit service in the MDR is lacking.

Ironically, it was way back then when I was unhappy with the MDR and stopped going. Seems like nothing new on that front....

Don't allow smoking on balconies. Disney just announced that they will no longer allow smoking on balconies, and Princess and Celebrity already have this rule. I hope CCL and RCCL follow soon.

I could go for that, but smokers generally don't care about rules.

I could go for that, but smokers generally don't care about rules.

On our last Celebrity cruise, I called guest services because the man on the next balcony was smoking and it was wafting our way. The guest services manager came up personally, in about 5 minutes and we heard him tell the man that if he was caught again, he would be kicked off at the next port! We never smelled smoke again. Lol. Gotta love Celebrity! :)

I don't have any issues with Carnival, or see the need to "turn things back around for Carnival.":confused:

I have never had a bad time on a cruise, and they have become even more affordable. If I can have a 7-day vacation to cool places for $120 (or less) per day, which includes "hotel" and meals, then I am happy!!:D

Interesting...but there ya have it...We've only been cruising since 2008....but...other than those annoying announcements by the MDR MD..and those equally annoying song and dance routines...our MDR service has been fine..we get in...order..get what we ordered...don't recall anything being cold that wasn't supposed to be..then out we go...thats of course assuming we hnit the MDR in the first place....I'm not missing out on anything by not having "personal" service. In fact, since our first cruise, I've never "gotten" the whole "MDR thing" that SOOOOO many rail on and on and on and on about here....Seems many define their cruises by what went on in the MDR....I can barely recall our MDR "experiences"...but do recall many, more meaningful events that went on during our 8 or so cruises...but...thats just us.

I've always had excellent service in the MDR and enjoyed everything on my few cruises. I have looked at other cruiselines, but you certainly can't go the same places and do the same things for the money that Carnival charges. It is a bargain by any standard!

And I always disembark feeling like I had a wonderful vacation and was totally spoiled!

Well lets see if me having to order 2 beers at the begining of dinner because if i don't i know i will never get another drink thats a indication of needing more waiters....i never had to do that till about 2008 or 2009. And about some Carnival cheerleaders going to other lines i read it on here right from the source.I also agree a very small percentage of Carnival cruisers are on here. And i don't trust polls cause they only ask certain people. With that said i love Carnival. Yes i agree you don't need a travel agent but i was just answering someones post and i agreed. Carnival doesn't want outside people doing the bookings and yet as much as i have had great vacation planners from Carnival you will never get the same service as the person down the street.

Haven't gone to MDR in years, it's a waste of my vacation time. You can't say, in all fairness, that they are losing regulars. Peoples vacation habits change, and making a blanket statement like that is false unless you have done extensive marketing studies. I think Carnival regulars cruising on Carnival is actually up, but that's my opinion.

Could they make changes, sure.... but that goes for every industry on the planet.

Finally, who cares about TA's? If I can get a low price guarantee from Carnival, why is a TA necessary? Never needed one, never will. I think they need to sever all ties to TA's, who are salespeople and only in it for the commissions. Greed drives salespeople to their highest commission sales instead of the customers needs or desires.

Marketing studies are not on the money for sure and besides how can i make a so called blanket statement yet you can say sales and profits are up???? They may be but alls we have are opinions and that was mine...unless mine doesn't count in your mind...lol

I don't have any issues with Carnival, or see the need to "turn things back around for Carnival.":confused:

I have never had a bad time on a cruise, and they have become even more affordable. If I can have a 7-day vacation to cool places for $120 (or less) per day, which includes "hotel" and meals, then I am happy!!:D

I never had a bad cruise either and your right we still get awesome bang for the buck.....its what you make of it and alot of people will complain about the stupidest things. Im am just saying i do notice they need more help in some areas.

Marketing studies are not on the money for sure and besides how can i make a so called blanket statement yet you can say sales and profits are up???? They may be but alls we have are opinions and that was mine...unless mine doesn't count in your mind...lol

Mine are facts, not opinions. Easy to find Carnivals financials and numbers.

Archived