What would you change first?

Yes the steel drum bands for sure, plus more live bands through out the ship. I do not know about the waiters/waitresses because on my last two or three cruises I was not happy with my table so I did not eat in the MDR. I would add less salt to the food on the lido deck it is very salty. Everything else I have no problem with on the ships

My last cruise we had a guy playing the guitar everyday on the lido deck. I liked it better then steel drums. There was also live music everywhere.

I just don't know where the misconception that there is no live music has come from. It was everywhere.

My last cruise we had a guy playing the guitar everyday on the lido deck. I liked it better then steel drums. There was also live music everywhere.

I just don't know where the misconception that there is no live music has come from. It was everywhere.

Hyperbole at its best. Twice.

My goal was opinions on what you would change....CC is not my favorite site anymore as i loved it years ago.....the more you learn (know) the worse it gets on CC....too many know-it-alls and no opinions or fun anymore here

I agree 1000% with this JerseyshoreBruce, you cannot state an opinion without the loud mouths getting in there to dispute it, I mean really I can have an opinion, if you don't agree for God sake be polite, for instance "I respect your opinion but.......... and then give yours!!!

Another thing that drives me insane about CC anymore is that EVERYTHING has to go back to smokers vs nonsmokers, I mean DEAD HORSE people, you do it or you don't, you like it or you don't. I do not smoke and I'm thrilled to say my husband quit (except sneaking a puff off an e cig with he's stressed) So I have absolutely no agenda here with the smoking thing, I just get sick of it being injected into every thread and subject. Ok off the soap box.

Now I'm adding my opinion on what I would like to see changed.

I miss the HECK out of the mattresses they used to have, the new ones are thin and hard, I've taken to packing my own darn eggcrates!!! So that would be my first thing I'd love to see.

I have had a few waitstaff problems so now I go YTD and if I get a waitstaff I like I return to their area every time.

I will be on a 15 day Hawaii trip with CCL this fall and then I have one more FCC to use, then I will probably try a few others, we've done Celebrity and find the cruisers rather stuffy and older but the line is excellent in service.

So RCCL will be our next try, maybe one of NCLs new ships.

Or CCL can pull me back in with a true Comfort bed, I haven't been unhappy with them with anything else. I can entertain myself with books and friends and the few shows they offer, I have a Cochlear implant so the music isn't my big thing although I did love the steel bands on Lido.

We'll see they have changed heads again, maybe we'll see some good things, the prices just cannot be beat!!!!

Carole

Hyperbole at its best. Twice.

How? It was a 6 day cruise. The guitar player played everyday by the pool from breakfast until about 3pm when the DJ took over. There was a full band (carnival band) that played a few nights in a lounge area. The singer was awesome. Piano bar is live music. Red frog pub had a guitar player every night.

Maybe that's all but, it's seems like a lot to me.

When I am booking a cruise, I don't limit my choices to this or that cruiseline. IMHO that is irrational. I decide first what I want. Do I want a certain embarkation port, a certain itinerary, a certain ship???? I am usually already limited by the time frame due to our schedules so I look at the SHIPS that meet my other criterias for that time frame. Then I look at what those ships have to offer compared to each other vs what they cost and choose the one offers what I want at the price I am willing to pay for. If Carnival or any other lines make changes then I recognize those changes in my decision process as to what those SHIPS have to offer for the price.

I personally don't care if Carnival, or other lines, makes changes to what they currently offer in the future or not, all of them are constantly changing things anyway....I do care about what is being offered, at what price, when I am ready to make a decision. If I don't like any of the options then I will probably look at land alternatives (if I didn't already start my vacation planning looking at those options too). I live in the present....not the past or future and make my decisions based on what is now. It keeps my expectations realistic and makes me a very happy camper when my reality usually meets or exceeds my expectations.

FWIW we have never had poor services in the MDR on any ship. They were slow on occassion. But I've had slow service on land just as much. We are easy going people who just like to spend vacation time together. It is a bonus on a cruise to be waited on constantly, having our entertainment right there, the ocean constantly in sight, and being transported to exotic locations. IMHO that's what makes cruising fun for us. Not these little petty things that people like to complain about. As for live music...that's just background noise to me and never makes a difference in my vacation enjoyment.

If you were in charge of turning things back around for Carnival in terms of starting to lose even their cheerleaders to other cruiselines what would you change first? I would add more waiters/waitresses to the dining rooms. Then i would add the Steel Drum Bands back to the Lido deck. A few more thing but i feel these are the main problems

I would enforce all of the rules that are published. There would be no more of this some people get away with things and some don't.

I can't help but wonder if this will be changed after the first of the year. I'm sure the booking rate will take a dive then, because right now many bookings are being done just to get the platinum status under the grandfathering clause. I just booked my 10th for that reason, going solo in a cheap 1A.

I never thought about that but i bet your right

I would like to see music played that people can actually dance to...I know they play that 'thumping, headache-producing stuff', which would be okay if it was part of a variety, instead of ALL of it. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Steel Drum Bands back to the Lido deck

NCL gets some of my business now because of the Lido bands are great.

Talk about festive, last year, I was on the Star princess, docked in Victoria, across from a NCL ship. On the NCL ship, things looked pretty festive- in front of the ship, as people got off, they had band members playing and some crew members dancing (on the dock) as people got off.

I would like to see music played that people can actually dance to...I know they play that 'thumping, headache-producing stuff', which would be okay if it was part of a variety, instead of ALL of it. Am I the only one who feels this way?

How about soft music for cocktail hour? Maybe some lite jazz piano?

Free drinks for captains party and letting us use free drink coupons anywhere any time!

If you were in charge of turning things back around for Carnival in terms of starting to lose even their cheerleaders to other cruiselines what would you change first? I would add more waiters/waitresses to the dining rooms. Then i would add the Steel Drum Bands back to the Lido deck. A few more thing but i feel these are the main problems

I would lower the cabin temperatures. 76 is too warm

Not sure I agree with the premise that things need to be turned back around, or that Carnival is losing cheerleaders (is that anyone who has a good time on a CCL cruise and says so?)

I've come away from all my Carnival cruises -- despite a gripe here or there -- feeling that I had gotten more than my money's worth, and that the crew particularly had worked hard to give me a special, enjoyable vacation. I left every ship feeling appreciation for a job well done.

The steel drum music thing that seems to enthrall so many is not my cup of tea. If I want to listen Caribbean music, I prefer authentic stuff from people who are actually native to the regions they're representing: Sol Caracol, Montuca Sound System, or old school Pedro Flores for example. I'd rather hear street musicians, or performers plucked right out of the clubs. An old guy with a beat up acoustic guitar would be great. But in truth, while cruising I mostly enjoy the give and take of people conversing, and the sound of the wind and the waves.

Since 2002 I have spent 56 days on Carnival ships. Some of my cruises were great. Some were OK and a few were not so good. I agree that the dining room staff has been cut and the lido sail away is not worth going to anymore. I do not have any complaints about the staff as I believe they do the best they can. Will I cruise with Carnival again? Perhaps, but as I have seen the cutbacks and changes over the years, the idea is less appealing than it should be.

Here's something that will help keep you from wanting to step foot on a CCL ship again:

It is night one-You are in the theater and the dancers come out dancing to "Anchors Aweigh", then the rock version is played while they take off their clothes, while the stupid white inflatable ship is brought out.

Here's something that will help keep you from wanting to step foot on a CCL ship again:

It is night one-You are in the theater and the dancers come out dancing to "Anchors Aweigh", then the rock version is played while they take off their clothes, while the stupid white inflatable ship is brought out.

Maybe you should see someone about all these issues you have with Carnival. It's one thing to not like something and stop purchasing it, but your obsession with the things you hate about Carnival seems to be a little over the top and it definately can't be a healthy for you to dwell on it as much as you do:rolleyes:.

Maybe you should see someone about all these issues you have with Carnival. It's one thing to not like something and stop purchasing it, but your obsession with the things you hate about Carnival seems to be a little over the top and it definately can't be a healthy for you to dwell on it as much as you do:rolleyes:.

Maybe you should take a speech class and learn what an ad hominem fallacy is.

If you didn't make it out of high school, this might be a bit of an intellectual stretch for you.

I haven't been on Carnival since 2010. I don't care about steel drums, but loud dance club style DJ music certainly doesn't appeal to me either. We'll see how that works out in October...

I agree with abolishing the musical performances in the MDR. Totally unnecessary. I thought it was cute the first time or two, but after that you figure out that it can cut down on your service due to the unavailability of the head waiter leading up to and during the performance. I would also personally like to see a permanent business casual dress code enforced in the MDR aside from formal nights. Sitting near people wearing beach clothes just ruins the whole atmosphere. Perhaps a compromise there would be to have a stricter dress code for the regular dining times, but make it more relaxed for the YTD crowd. The cheesy musical performances also detract from the atmosphere IMO, another reason to get rid of them.

Archived