The new taste bar on carnival

foxcent

The sushi we had in MDR one night was almost inedible. I was looking forward to it all week but it was bad. Everyone at my table was seriously not happy. I drowned it in soy sauce and wasabi just to get it down, then I gave up. Too many people on that ship to get sushi right in the MDR. I wish they still had a dedicated sushi bar!

The MDR used to serve a wonderful California roll at lunch one day. Always looked forward to it. Never tried the sushi bar. It smelled too bad to try it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

On the Miracle in December 2012, they had the tasting bar instead of the sushi. The tasting was good. They had sushi at the buffet in a little nook by the salad bar. We walked around for about 10 minutes looking for it. However, it is possible that they no longer do that as things changes.

Love sushi but the sushi on the ship is not great. I don't like the pizza on the ship either. Just sayin.

I will be sailing on the Victory in 2 weeks and would like to know if the Taste Bar will be available during my cruise. I realize that the specialty restaurants are not on the Victory yet, but it sounds like the Taste Bar is on older ships as well.

Can someone elighten me on the New Taste Bar on Carnival....Do you just walk up to a station and they give you a plater? Do you go into a certain area and they serve people?......Is the taste bar of different ethnic food or something different?... Any pictures would be nice too....

From what we experienced on the Miracle on the Alaskan cruise, it was hit and miss with the Taste Bar. We sampled 2 times there and the rest of the time they were closed or no one at the bar. It wasn't anything special really, you're better off going to the Lido deck for something to eat. Very disappointing. JMHO.

We just got off the Miracle and were not happy with the taste bar. Many moons ago, the sushi bar on Carnival was the first time I ever tried sushi and have loved it since. We missed the sushi bar, maybe they got rid of it due to costs of sushi?

We just got off the Miracle and were not happy with the taste bar. Many moons ago, the sushi bar on Carnival was the first time I ever tried sushi and have loved it since. We missed the sushi bar, maybe they got rid of it due to costs of sushi?

Or they got rid of it because it was really bad sushi. I eat sushi 3 times a week and what they were serving was nearly inedible.

• 1 month later...

So to be clear: The Magic does have the Taste Bar? Where on the ship is it located? We sailed on her in Feb '12 but did not know about it or see it if it was there.

And does the Taste Bar (as someone posted) have breakfast/lunch option as well?

We can't wait to be back on the Magic in Jan. Our last cruise was with Princess and we're done. Pretty ship, great balcony but the bed was no good...mama's not happy! And of course no WMCC.

Thanks for any info.

Because we know Carnival sometimes uses this board for market research: I LOVED the Taste bar two weeks ago on the Paradise!!! :D The Blue Iguana tastes in particular were fabulous, and I am extremely picky - think Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally - when it comes to Mexican food.

Anyone know if this is on the Legend?

Yes, it was on there November 2012. It is where the sushi bar was located. It is a little cart. I really liked the food but I do wish it started earlier so it could be more of a little snack between lunch and dinner. They will give you as much as you want or if you do not want something, they will leave it off.

Jen

Archived