Celebrity Self-Serve Wine?? Mechanics/Details?

TLCOhio

I used the wine cellar almost nightly when on the Silhouette 2 years ago. I loved it as it gave me the option of tasting different wines and in different price ranges, or just getting a glass before dinner. I purchased a wine card which was offered at the start of the cruise for a discount. There are also little snacks, like nuts, dried fruits, etc. There were some additional ones that were refrigerated (i.e. cheeses, caviar), and those were for a small fee. When we returned home, a new wine and liquor store opened near us, and they have the same thing! You apply for a card (for free) and can come in and have up to 4 tastes a day, and up to 200 tastes on the card. We are returning on the Silhouette next month and will certainly enjoy The Cellar again.

I understand the concept of Cellar Master, but do they charge a different amount for the different wines you put under the dispenser? If so, what would the approximate range be of some of the wines? And if so, do they show a price in ounce?

You select a specific size and type of wine. Each size and type has different prices. Sizes are quarter, half and full glass, so there's a relatively big price range across varieties.

On the whole, they're dearer than regular glasses.