Live review, Adventure 18th August Norway Fjords with wedding renewal.

Jason12

hi jason

looking forward to reading all about it :) we are boarding on sunday and it is our 25th wedding anniversary on the same day as yours :D

is the beer and spirits up to scratch as weve got premium package

cheers dixie

Yes drink as much as you want and the premium package includes nearly everything..

Could you repost these pictures? All I have are the little x's showing up.

They post here fine.... clear your cache perhaps? Not sure what else to suggest.

I'm seeing the photos fine too. Maybe the photo website is being blocked by some sort of firewall?

All the pics I posted for Jason are from the same source.

The photos appear to be hosted on Facebook, which would explain why they are not visible to us, but visible to you. The photo permissions on Facebook are usually set to 'friends of friends' or just friends only, so we would not be able to see them. You need to set the permissions for that album on Facebook to 'public'

Update on our cabin problems.

We waited 90 minutes for the deck manager to return but we never saw him again.!

Now it was time to go guest services "hello how can I help you" said Bridget guest service officer,

I replied with, can your please book us on a fight home at next port please, that got the attention we needed, she put us on 1st priority for another cabin, and made some calls.

I returned to my cabin within minutes the stateroom attendant arrived with some mattress toppers, after I told him NO you are not coming in here with them we need new bed and bedding full stop.

Another few minutes passed and a knock on the door, Jane was now trying to sleep on the small sofa after taking her meds, it was the executive housekeeping manger he was not happy about the state of our cabin, after I explained we making plans to leave the ship at next port and are not sleeping in this cabin without some improvements he promised action within 15 minutes and asked us for one hour to put most things right.!

It was now 6pm I went to get a few drinks from the bar when I returned there was six including the executive manger cleaning our cabin from top to bottom, brand new mattresses and bedding, bathroom scrubbed, flowers swapped for roses, decorations removed, they are going to replace the carpet tomorrow and paint the balcony on the 1st port day, I will keep you updated if these do happen.?

The executive manager offered us OBC we never asked or insinuated we wanted some but it was a nice offer along with a meal in Portofino's but as we have booked it for every night he will refund one nights meal.

Day 1.Casual

8pm our cruise now begins, we head of to Portofino's on arriving we see its nice and quite just what we need to unwind, our waiter Samuel was excellent really chatty and never far away to fill my glass,

I had the fillet steak fantastic just as I remembered it, Jane had the lobster skewer with scallop, salmon and king prawn she's happy happy happy.

I'm on the classic beer package and the house white wine is very nice, Samuel just brought the bottle over and put in on ice I think I had 3/4 of the bottle, great meal and super service.

10.15pm we are now tiring as we stroll along the promenade again it's nice and quite we ended up in the Imperial Lounge there was nice four piece band called Music Motion.

Bedtime...

Day 2, Sea day Formal.

Meet and mingle at 11am it lasted 15 mins and a grand total of 3 prizes in the raffle hosted by Rob McNally funny guy but seemed rushed.

Got to meet and speak to other CC members.

We saw there was a honeymoon luncheon in the main dining at 12.30pm so we went along, there was 5 couples with us really good meal, free Buck's Fizz all in all a nice 2 hours.

Time to go back our cabin and see what been done.!! WOW new carpet more new pillows and the bathroom door is fixed, I hope the future guests really enjoy this cabin now it's had a makeover.

Photos to follow

It's SUCH a shame you had this experience on such a special cruise.

Every time we cruise we are hearing tales like this more and more and more. It's really sad for guests and should be a kick up the backside for RCI, but doesn't seem to be.

One interesting comment from the captain is the dry dock for the adventure next year is only for 8-10 days for essential maintenance, the revitalisation updates will be in 2016..

That seems a bit naff !

When my buddy was on there in June he said people were complaining about cabins like yours and also of windows that needed replacing and electric sockets and some lights.

2016 seems a long time to wait for things like this :-(

Archived