What 3 or 5 items/reasons makes Celebrity stand out to you?

CruisingGatorGirl

Pick the items that you think make Celebrity stand out  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the items that you think make Celebrity stand out

• Smoking policy
    • Quality of food
    • Variety of places to eat
    • Decor/Ambiance
    • Entertainment/shows
    • Excursions
    • Size of rooms
    • Service/Staff
    • Activites on board (outside of shows)
    • Price
    • Exotic Ports

I am in the middle of reliving and retyping our experience on a Celebrity Solstice Mediterranean cruise last summer. I also just went on Carnival for my bachelorette cruise in July. Therefore I have been doing a lot of reflecting and talking about my cruise experiences with friends and the thing I notice the most is how highly my fiance and I talk about Celebrity.

And it got me thinking...

If somebody were to ask you, in YOUR opinion, the top 3 (ok maybe 5, 3 is hard to do) reasons you prefer Celebrity over other main-stream cruise lines what would you say?

I am wondering if there is a common theme here :)

Ours would be:

1.) Food

2.) Customer Service on board

3.) Decor/room size

4.) Smoking Policy

5.) Lack of "cheese" (belly-flop, slides, etc.)

What your top 3 or 5 be?

I added a poll this time!

Looking forward to your responses!

I give up! You can't select more than one option on the poll :(

Err. I tried.

There is a box near the bottom on the page where you enter your poll info. It says, "allow multiple answers". I believe you need to check that box. You might be able to edit your original post.

There is a box near the bottom on the page where you enter your poll info. It says, "allow multiple answers". I believe you need to check that box. You might be able to edit your original post.

Thank you, I had to re-do it, gahh, 3rd times a charm!

No need for a poll, just list them. I'm curious because we have not sailed Celebrity yet. We're on the Silhouette in March.

I made a new one with a better poll!

After reading your beautiful review on the Solstice I am surprised you picked Carnival for your girls party. I know you loved Celebrity as much as I do. Wishing you all the very best on your upcoming wedding. You will be a celebrity on your honeymoon cruise ! Heather

After reading your beautiful review on the Solstice I am surprised you picked Carnival for your girls party. I know you loved Celebrity as much as I do. Wishing you all the very best on your upcoming wedding. You will be a celebrity on your honeymoon cruise ! Heather

Aww thank you Heather! I am retyping it all up again for my blog, and I am enjoying reliving it!

We picked Carnival because of the cost :rolleyes: We needed to do a short trip (3 nights/4days) and Carnival was the easiest option for that. I don't think I will ever sail Carnival again. It just confirmed how much I love celebrity :D We are not the party type, at all (as I am sure you saw in my review), and Celebrity is more "our cup of tea"

I voted in the poll and checked decor/ambiance...not so much for the decor, but the ambiance of the Celebrity ships we have been on.

I suppose it is because we are in our late 50's-early 60's, and like the fact that Celebrity seems to cater more towards adults. We have been on many RCCL ships, and they do cater towards families and young adults (rock climbing wall, basketball courts, various pool games and contests). We have been cruising for 20 yrs., and long ago, did enjoy these things. But now, we want a calm and peaceful cruise. Give us our veranda, a drink, and a book/laptop and we are set!

I would have to go with their 21st Century smoking policy as #1. It is just so wonderful to be able to enjoy our balcony without breathing 2nd hand smoke!

Also, I checked "activities" as my wife was absolutely enthralled with the Corning Hot Glass show on the Equinox.

Archived