Best Bar/Bartender on the Jewel of the Seas?

My last cruise was on the Allure of the Seas, where I was lucky enough to wander into the Champagne Bar on the first night. I had a fantastic experience with bartenders Gemma and Michelle and ended up spending part of my evening in the Champagne Bar each night.

I'll be sailing on the Jewel in a few weeks. I'm hoping to find another great place to hangout in the evenings. Does anyone have a favorite spot or bartender on the Jewel?

Thanks,

Darci

I'll be sailing on the Jewel in a few weeks. I'm hoping to find another great place to hangout in the evenings. Does anyone have a favorite spot or bartender on the Jewel?

As on most RCI ships barmen and women rotate bars on a specific frequency (weekly, fortnightly, etc.). I liked the Congo bar in the Safari Club, the Hollywood Odyssey bar and you should not miss the revolving bar in the Vortex Nightclub/Viking Crown Lounge. My favorite bar person is Mariya Lyamshyna. Tell her Ian and Linda said hello!!! Have a great cruise :)

My last cruise was on the Allure of the Seas, where I was lucky enough to wander into the Champagne Bar on the first night. I had a fantastic experience with bartenders Gemma and Michelle and ended up spending part of my evening in the Champagne Bar each night.

Thanks,

Darci

On the Radiance Class ships our favorite bar without a doubt is Schooner's. It is pretty much our favorite on all the ships, but on the Radiance Class it is just really cool.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The rotation system for the bartenders has been relaxed a bit. The mandatory two week rotation has changed. IF a bartender is satisfied with his location, he may apply to keep it for a longer time if the Bar manager approves, he/she may stay at that location.

As for Jewel, we did a B2B for the Holidays and Allan in the Solarium Bar was our favorite, as he has been on EN, MJ and MN. If you've never been to the Solarium Bar, try it. Jewel had the canopy open many days, and that's unusual for Radiance class ships anymore. And at night, it's a little paradise in there. And if you are CL eligible, Joseph is outstanding.

When get to see Allan, tell him Deirdra and Rick sent us.

Rick and Deirdra

Edited by Pumbaamd

As for Jewel, we did a B2B for the Holidays and Allan in the Solarium Bar was our favorite, as he has been on EN, MJ and MN. If you've never been to the Solarium Bar, try it. Jewel had the canopy open many days, and that's unusual for Radiance class ships anymore. And at night, it's a little paradise in there. And if you are CL eligible, Joseph is outstanding.

When get to see Allan, tell him Deirdra and Rick sent us.

Rick and Deirdra

We did not see your post until today. However we did stumble across Allan in the Solarium and he became our bartender for the remainder of the cruise! He is fixing to be on vacation but not returning to the Jewel. His current plan is to sign on with the Navigator. Unfortunately he does not expect to be onboard until after our May cruise. :(

We did a B2B on Jewel the first 2 weeks of January. Been home a week now and my DH and I both miss Waylon and Cameron at the pool bar. DH had the beer package for both weeks and by about the 4th day they would have his Corona ready before he even got to the bar most times. I also drank many, many, many (maybe too many!!) mango daquiri's as recommended and made by Waylon...both really fun guys and great bartenders.