Celebrity cooking class

Macdl

My husband is interested in taking a cooking class during our celebrity cruise next month.. Does anyone know if this is offered??? We saw a video where a passenger was cooking the perfect steak and that's what he wants to do,lol

It depends on many things, but if you're on a port intensive cruise, most likely not. What you're husband saw was the Lawn Club where you're able to cook your own steak as part of a regular dinner---you also can make your own pizza. It's not a cooking class. Actually, I've not seen an actual cooking class on X, usually just cooking demonstrations. Every once in a while they may offer something, but in all my X cruises, I've never seen an actual class.

Yes, it was on our Eclipse sailing last month. We did Taste (Excite- cant remember the exact name) the Senses cookery class and it was superb!!!! You did it in the kitchen of Murano and was $50 each. You then ate what you cooked with a glass of complimentary wine. Definitely recommend doing it!

Cooking the perfect steak? How do you know if it is the perfect steak?

We recently had to buy a new oven. The salesperson was showing us a oven that had a perfect turkey feature on it to suppossedly make the perfect turkey. I told him that the only way that it would be a perfect turkey would be if it would bring grandma back as she cooked the perfect turkey and that was dome in an old gas oven that needed a match to light the burner. Nothing fancy just a lot of love, experience, all fresh ingredients and hours of preparation.

We did the same cooking class in Murano on the Century and it was a great experience. As for the steak, our main was fish so we didn't get that experience but the Chef was taking questions throughout the afternoon.

I did the same class in Murano on Century in October 2012 (Pacific Coastal Wine Cruise), taught by the head Chef from Murano. It was an excellent and very well run class, and was held in the Murano Specialty Galley. All our ingredients were "mis en place" (prepped and ready to be added as per the recipe), which made very good use of our time. All the important techniques were demonstrated, and we were able to work alongside the chef at our own stations. We all made 4 dishes each, as well as some pantry-builder recipes, i.e. stock from scratch and for a basic vinaigrette salad dressing, with variations. We then ate everything we made for lunch, accompanied by complimentary wines for each course. We also were given the coffee-table-sized Celebrity "Excite the Senses" cookbook (Retail $59.99), which was personally signed and dedicated to each of us by the Murano Head Chef. The cost for everything was $87.00 and only 6 people signed up for the class, so it was a very personalized experience. I take many cooking classes, both at home, and when we travel, and this ranked up there with the best of them. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

The Lawn Grill was also a fun experience, and you could learn as much or as little as you wished. My husband took advantage of working with the grill chef to learn "how to grill the perfect steak", and he and the rest of our group learned how to toss and spin their own pizza crust. Many laughs, and the food was excellent. Full value for money at the Lawn Grill. It was such a good time that we cancelled our reservations at Murano and went back to the Lawn Grill another night.

To see a PDF preview of the Celebrity cookbook:

http://www.shopcelebritycruises.com/lifestyle.asp

Archived